Warning Signs of a Midlife Crisis
Wondering if your partner is going through a midlife crisis? Has their behavior changed? Do they seem unhappy and suddenly desire a different life? Some experts say these could be warning signs of a midlife crisis:
- A decrease in weight, a new obsession with exercise and physical appearance.
- Unhappiness with life and lifestyle that previously made him or her happy.
- Boredom with people and things that may have previously been of interest.
- Feeling a need for adventure and change.
- Questioning the choices and decisions he or she has made in life.
- Confusion about who he or she is and where his or her life is headed.
- Anger at his or her spouse and placing blame for feeling tied down.
- Unable to make decisions about where he or she wants to go in life.
- Doubt over ever loving his or her spouse and resentment over the marriage.
- A desire for a new and passionate, intimate relationship.
- A sense of remorse for goals not accomplished.
- Frequent daydreaming or feelings of nostalgia.
- Acting on compulsions with food, drugs or alcohol.
- Greatly increased or decreased sexual desire.
- Sexual affairs, especially with someone much younger.
- A desire to achieve a feeling of youthfulness.
- Greatly increased or decreased ambition.