Message Boards

Topic : 02/13 Love Smart Island, Part 1

Number of Replies: 124
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 10, 2006, 12:43:16 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Love is in the air, as Dr. Phil sends single men and women sailing to Love Smart Island to find Mr. and Ms. Right. First, Dr. Phil  surprises the successful and attractive women and introduces them to bachelors who are ready to settle down. As they spend three days dancing, picnicking and talking, will love connections be made? Find out why Dr. Phil has to make a special trip to the island to rescue two women, and what happens when the men get to choose one woman to spend the afternoon with. Also, meet three other bachelors who say their appearance is keeping them from finding a girlfriend. If you're unlucky in love, you'll learn how to take control of your love life and find the one you want by loving smart. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More February 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 13, 2006, 2:02 pm CST

02/13 Love Smart Island, Part 1

Quote From: afb306

I am in my mid 40's and am divorced.  I watch the shows like the one on today and they are mostly geared to the younger generation.  I would really just like to meet some one that is not into playing games.  If there is no chemistry, just tell me, I would rather know that up front then sit around thinking the guy really liked me.  Most of the shows, that promote match making are geared to the younger set.  They also mostly are geared to the slim, drop dead georgous woman.  What about those of us who are attractive, we feel, but not model like?  I am a nice good person, just can't find anyone out there.  Dr. Phil needs to gear a show to us, and not the ones who are living a very loose and free life, like a few have been.  Oh well, I guess life goes on.

The girls on these shows are gorgeous, how could a plain jane like myself compete?  

I haven't had the opportunity to get out there and meet anyone for a while. I finished college last year (second career degree at 41!) and I am interested in settling down for good.  

The "set-up" process they arranged on the show would not bother me, it's those darned cameras! At the very least, I would love to have feedback so I can improve myself by applying what I learned.  

Dr. Phil, would do something for us late bloomers? 

February 13, 2006, 2:17 pm CST

bar scene???

Quote From: chaosditto

I'm 48, have a busy life, and am not pretty like those in the show. Guys are visual creatures, it's their nature. But there are some real sweethearts out here just waiting for a chance!
not all guys at bars make great husbands, they could be just on the make.  try some other places like church, there are added benefits besides just meeting men, but chances are the men you do meet there will be happy stable men.  school and college functions like games.  visit friends and meet their friends.

February 13, 2006, 2:18 pm CST

love smart

I liked the show alot, but all the ladys was under the age 40. What does the ladies do over the age 40? Its hard for us the find a man that will except us because we are not build the way those under 40 are.

February 13, 2006, 2:24 pm CST

Don't have the perks ; )

Hi, the show was great, but, I am 54 years young and wish the guests were a little older. The guests are at an age where they have looks and great bodies going for them. I am talking the men and the ladies. At my age, including the men, we just don't look as sharp as they do. I am told I am pretty, but , I don't see it. Please, I know, there are some lucky ones who do, but, they don't seem to be the ones having trouble.      Or so I thought, until I heard Paula Abdul.  Dr. Phil, if a beautiful lady like Paula is having trouble, I am really scared that I may be alone all the rest of my life.!  I have had some pretty scary experiences on computer dating, and my kids are scared for me. Please give me some avenues to search.  Thanks for helping us!!

February 13, 2006, 2:36 pm CST

It's not that tuff

Quote From: lindacy

I liked the show.  However, what about us ladies and gentlemen who are in our mid to late 50's.  Where do we find a date besides going to a bar?
Hey I'm a 50 year old male and find it hard to meet quality women also. But think about it. At least we are not 20 with all the insecurities and hopefully we know ourselves and what we want. I am trying the online dating but haven't really found what I am seeking yet. Hmmm I'm 50, 6'3", about 220#, bald and from Texas. I'm may not be as rich or as smart as the good Dr., but I ain't that bad either! LOL

February 13, 2006, 2:55 pm CST

I AGREE!!!

I am also 48 and agree with the others messages. It is scary to start dating at this age. I am afraid to put myself out there. Do we use internet dating? or something else? 

What about us Dr. Phil? 

February 13, 2006, 3:08 pm CST

perfection in the eye of the beholder

I am looking for a serious commited relationship--I am well educated, workout physically, emotionally, but dang--unless I decide to have a few glasses of wine and really loosen up--then I can not for the life of me confront a woman and tell her I am attracted to her and the nuts part of it is--I can be pretty darn amusing.. I love to dance--I am tall, did I tell you I work out--ya I have definition and everything!--Oh and I forgot to mention-- I love farming--tell that to a woman and watch them see visions of pitchforks in their heads and manure on their shoes--I tell them I buy and sell real estate then all of a sudden they are all perked up again--farming is my first love-- not real estate--oh and I teach school --again they perk up--again my first love is farming--I am going to work on this body of mine till all see just what farming and milk can do to a body!!  Mark

February 13, 2006, 3:09 pm CST

Ok girls

I've came on to see what ya'll had to say. I got on a dating service a few yrs back and met the best guys. Some of them liked me and some of them I liked. Just like high school. I think it's the best place to look. I mean these guys where great! For the most part. I think it's extremely important to be happy with what you are. Lonely is not a bad thing. There just isn't a time that I can't find something to do. And I have a relatively calm life. I've just ended a relationship 2 wks ago, and am just now, sorta getting lonely. Couldn't be Valentine's Day could it?! LOL. I know of people that have met online and married.  Good luck ladies! Be more positive. He's out there looking for you too ya know!

February 13, 2006, 3:09 pm CST

I feel that because most single women are independent, they are afraid to lose their "identity" if they get in a relationship.  However, this is a damaging "mental attitude" to have. A relationship does not change your personality or "identity".  First of all, you need to know yourself first, what qualities do I have that will contribute to a  healthy and successful relationship? A vital factor is whole hearted commitment!  

Compatibility is determined by how adaptable both of you are rather than by how identical you are. Instead of asking, "Do we agree on everything?" some better questions might be: "What happens when we disagree? Can we discuss matters calmly, according each other respect and dignity? Or do discussions often deteriorate into heated arguments?" This is where our personality or identity comes into play! Am I willing to give in or compromise? Do I scheme to get my way? Etc.  

February 13, 2006, 3:13 pm CST

Dr. Phil I just saw your show today and it was a wonderful experience but as a woman that is going to be 50 years old this november I feel that the show should also focus on men and woman of my age to find out what we are doing wrong that I can't find a good man. One thing I am not is a picky woman cause I am a openminded woman who enjoy talking to people, but I have a hard time finding the right man for me. I ask and look at myself in the mirror to see what I am say or doing wrong and I am sure its not just me???So your show should also focus on us older people that after they go,online dates and bars and club scene can't find a good man, whats wrong Dr. Phil? Don't you feel us older man and woman have a chance on your show to find a good man or woman???? We still exist you know?????

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last