Message Boards

Topic : 02/27 Twisted Love: The Aftermath

Number of Replies: 1182
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 24, 2006, 11:20:56 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil follows up with one of this year's most talked about couples: Charles and Tracy. Charles had been juggling his time between his wife and mistress. He wanted to have them both, so he came up with the perfect solution: polyfidelity, a relationship in which he is shared by the two women. Tracy says she can't express her anger over the affair because she doesn't know how. Will she fight for her rights for the first time in 20 years of marriage? Charles claims he said goodbye to the other woman, but why did it take four meetings? Is it "goodbye forever" or just "goodbye for now"? Plus, their oldest son speaks out about his father's behavior, and Tracy has a message for the other woman. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More February 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 27, 2006, 7:09 am CST

Unbelivable

Dr Phil is right and this gentleman is like me when I was in the same situation. The mind will go to great lengths to find justification to continue to have sex with two women...and if he could have a third or more he probably would...Let's just call it for what it is and he is a sex addict...who like other addicts will do about anything to get his fix....It is so sad to see his wife pay the emotional toll that I made my wife pay...Hopefully he'll wakeup      Jerry

February 27, 2006, 7:13 am CST

Fool me once, shame on you....

Both of these women are being played like fine violins.  They are both beautiful, intelligent women.  They don't need this pile of refuse in their life. As much as we would like to claim the wife has a lack of self esteem and this is why she stays, it is obvious the mistress suffers from the same disorder.  I think her case is worse.  Why would you stick around and wait for some married loser to string you along until your looks go and he hunts down another "gorgeous dose of heroin?"   

He strings the wife along so he doesn't lose financially.  He strings the mistress along so he can strut around like a vain peacock.  He isn't all that!  I can't see why these women want to fight over this sad sack.  Have you seen the great choices available out there?  He's NOT one of them!  I think this guy needs to be dumped by both of these ladies.  You BOTH deserve a lot better than this!  It's time for the guy to pay for his crimes.  It's not a contest ladies, it's the rest of your lives.  Why be miserable with this jerk? 

February 27, 2006, 7:17 am CST

Oh, and by the way....

Does anybody notice how Tracey seems to be defending her husband's choices?  How she doesn't want to confront the situation, how she DOESN'T want to get mad?  What's up with that?  Even women who stick with their cheaters get mad about it!  Where's the anger here?  If it had been me, he would have ended up with two black eyes by the end of the show.  I'm scratching my head here, seriously.

February 27, 2006, 7:24 am CST

Charles & Tracy

Hi Dr Phil, 

I believe that Charles is a good con man..He seems to have made all of you believe that he is going to change..Well I do not believe him.. 

When I was married I was cheated on time after time til I had enough and got a divorce..I have been divorced for about 27 years and never remarried..He always had excuses like I ran out of gas had a flat tire and so on.  How in the world can a man that owns his own business of a mechanics shop run out of gas and have so many flats..  Well I did call him on it..and he did the same thing as Charles..He was a good lier..However he died about 8 years ago..However he did leave everything to me..And no I am able to retire at age 63 with his SS..I believe he owes me..My life has gone on..  Thanks, for reading. 

February 27, 2006, 7:26 am CST

Once a cheater ALWAYS a cheater

Quote From: cinjer

Dr Phil is right and this gentleman is like me when I was in the same situation. The mind will go to great lengths to find justification to continue to have sex with two women...and if he could have a third or more he probably would...Let's just call it for what it is and he is a sex addict...who like other addicts will do about anything to get his fix....It is so sad to see his wife pay the emotional toll that I made my wife pay...Hopefully he'll wakeup      Jerry

I so totally agree with you!!!!  He will never change--he hasn't changed so far.  He will always find a reason as to why he continues with his behavior--in his mind he sees no wrong in what he is doing.  I just wonder:  Does he really want to change?????  If he wanted to he would have after the first show.  his continued behavior answers this for himself---He is happy in his behavior.   

She needs to get out--if she doesn't get out this time---then he is allowing this behavior and approves of this inappropriate behavior. 

Love does not solve everything--you can't stay with someone just because you love him--not if he continues to act this way.  

February 27, 2006, 7:33 am CST

Hurray for Tracy!

Tracy...I agree 100% with EVERYTHING you've said. Been there, done that and it's definitely worth the fight and hard work to keep what you have. 

Cheers to you... 

February 27, 2006, 7:37 am CST

He will NEVER-NEVER change!!

He will never change!!  Like the saying goes---ONCE A CHEATER ALWAYS A CHEATER!!!!! 

He has continued this inappropriate behavior even after the first show.  He continues to have contact with the other woman.   

I just can't understand why this woman has stayed with this man after all this time.  I can understand the first time trying to work the marriage out--going to counseling services.  But he has showed no improvement--he has made very little change in his behavior.  

To me I think he likes doing this--to me he likes--HAVING HIS CAKE AND EATING IT TOO!!! 

This woman should show him the door--either the front of the back door--and push him on out of her life. 

No woman deserves this type of treatment from a man.   

And the other woman--does she enjoy being the OTHER WOMAN??? 

To him this is a game he is playing--he is playing games with everyone involved. 

He is not being a good upstanding role model for his children. 

I wish the children the best of luck in all they do and hope this does not affect them in their future lives in how the treat and love women. 

February 27, 2006, 7:38 am CST

seriously

I think the one thing that no one has even focused on is the children that are involved in this...instead of this man just thinking about himself...and this woman who is obviously to scared to be without him....what about how the children who are going to grow up and think that this is acceptable...his son is now probably going to grow up and never be able to have a serious and trusting relationship....I just think that both of these people need a serious reality check...don't bring children into this world that's already bad enough...when you are still a child yourself...you both need to get some responsibility for your life, you both need to own who you are and own what you do.....and think about your children instead of yourself!

February 27, 2006, 7:50 am CST

tracy

I am a little surprised  at Tracy. If she thinks she is doing her children any favorers by staying with this man she is crazy. I am someone who had a father who cheated and a mother who stayed and I really think she did a great injustice for me and my sisters.  She need to throw him out . 

February 27, 2006, 7:51 am CST

THINK TWICE CHARLIE

What does the other woman want?  She needs to think twice before thining about marring this man.  Number 1, he will be paying so much child support and allimony that it will affect his lifestyle with the other woman which will cause major problems.  I 'm a living witness.  From past experiences, I really don't think the other woman wants charles to leave his wife.  If she is smart, she will realize that she maybe happier with him still at home or by just leaving him alone.  This is a dead end street. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last