Message Boards

Topic : Bullies

Number of Replies: 535
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:44:13 pm
Author : dataimport
Bullying is far more serious than just name-calling and teasing. It's escalated to include harassment, beatings and even death threats. Share your bully stories, give and get advice from other parents.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 24, 2005, 2:41 pm CDT

wow !!!!

I am the first on this board ?where is everyone ?oh well i guess i can't talk to myself so later.cathy

July 25, 2005, 6:56 am CDT

I'll Share My Story, If you don't mind....

In The month of May my 8yr old boy was being chased by a boy 2 yrs older at lunch and after schools, he would catch my son and and push him and hit him.  I found out and called the school.  The school told me that I should stay out of it, and let the school deal with it.  The school said "this is a diferent family from yours" and when the parents get involved it just gets messy.  I said "I want this family to know this is against the law, and it needs to stop"  So for a week, they kept this boy back for 10 minutes each day so that it gave my son a chance to get home.  I didn't know it was for a week, I thought it would be longer.  As soon as the week was up, it started again, he knocked my son to the ground and left him thier crying.  I called the police.  The police came to the school and talked to us, and also went to the other kids mother.  That is all I know of this....the school didn't call me back and the police said the family was told to get some councelling.  I didn't press charges, which I have every right too, but I hope the police would scare them enough to dicuss ways to get thier son to stop this....the mom could pick her son up from school and keep a better eye on him.  Summer is here, so we'll see what happens in Sept. 

I was so mad at the school for not taking this seriously.  I have to also say that my son is not a small boy.  It is not just the little guys who get picked on.  This other boy isn't much taller or bigger then my son, (maybe by an inch) I would of never thought my son would be bullied.

July 25, 2005, 1:42 pm CDT

Bullies

I will pray for your son that when school starts this mean child will not do this to your son again. I get so upset when I hear of this, I have 3 children and they range in ages from 13 to 10 and then the little one 3. My daughter who is 13 would never tolerate it, when we moved 3 years ago she had a few girls who were bothering her at her new school and I told her not to put up with it cuz I knew it would continue if she let them, so she started to talk back to them and luckily it never had to go any further!! My 10 year old would be the sweet one who would take anything and I try to tell him not to let other kids who are not nice to push him around, he is little for his age so I worry. I think he is getting a backbone though. I do not tell the kids that is ok to fight but I do tell them that if a kids hit them that I give permission to hit back. My husband doesn't really agree with this but I think in today's world kids have to stick up for themsleves, if telling the teacher doesn't work then what else can you do?? Parents of bullies are to blame, I feel like they are ok with there kids being like that and ignore it also. Bottom line I can't stand bullies and I would be freaking out if I was you...

Good Luck!!!!

July 25, 2005, 5:59 pm CDT

Trayoo

Quote From: tray00

In The month of May my 8yr old boy was being chased by a boy 2 yrs older at lunch and after schools, he would catch my son and and push him and hit him. I found out and called the school. The school told me that I should stay out of it, and let the school deal with it. The school said "this is a diferent family from yours" and when the parents get involved it just gets messy. I said "I want this family to know this is against the law, and it needs to stop" So for a week, they kept this boy back for 10 minutes each day so that it gave my son a chance to get home. I didn't know it was for a week, I thought it would be longer. As soon as the week was up, it started again, he knocked my son to the ground and left him thier crying. I called the police. The police came to the school and talked to us, and also went to the other kids mother. That is all I know of this....the school didn't call me back and the police said the family was told to get some councelling. I didn't press charges, which I have every right too, but I hope the police would scare them enough to dicuss ways to get thier son to stop this....the mom could pick her son up from school and keep a better eye on him. Summer is here, so we'll see what happens in Sept.

I was so mad at the school for not taking this seriously. I have to also say that my son is not a small boy. It is not just the little guys who get picked on. This other boy isn't much taller or bigger then my son, (maybe by an inch) I would of never thought my son would be bullied.

Hi there i read your post and i know what its like to be a parent of a child who is being bullied.Shame on your son's school for not taking this seriously!!they obviously don't take bullying seriously.You should sik Dr.Phil on them he probably would get more results.I posted my story on the bullying board but its archived i believe .You can still read it though i think it was post no#25 around there anyhow.I don't stand for bullying either ,My daughter has that problem since elementary and now is starting high school .I just found out this year that she was been harassed in the jr high school and i knew about the elementary school ,ooooooh i was all over them big time.I always taught my kids to respect another human being and not to bully .So why should we allow it to happen to our kids right?Well elementary they didn't do much and it was all name calling and my daughter was the opposite of your son and shy at that so they really tend to draw to someone who is shy or quiet because of the not fighting back part.Until one day in elementary my daughter pushed one of the bullies a young boy no less a little bigger than her and he cried and of course who got detention mind did .but not for long when i went to the school.I do agree however it can hurt more than help at times so this time when she was going through all she did she finally told me she was being bullied .So i knew our jr high had a no tolerance of bullies and i jumped at that chance.So what they do here is if a bullies name is been brought forward for bullying their name goes on a list and if its brought forward again they are suspended from school and if it kept up charges would be brought forward so it does settle this bunch down .But its brutal on the childs self-esteem and my daughter is going to a support group for grief of her grandmother and they also work with their self-esteem .But how dare they bully to that point and if your poor sweet boy is bullied alot well i sure would jump on and get maybe someone to work with him or even a mentor too .I have a post all what my daughter went through as far as bullying and the grief but if you could read my post in the archives message boards just click on and it should show the bullying board and like i said it should be around the 25 or so.The kids at the jr high also didn't know who reported them either it was done very discreetly not to draw attn ,because they bully so many by now they can't figure it out who told so they have to watch their step.And the guidance councilor we had was excellent to .So she is off to high school this fall .take care and if you read my post over on horsethe other board let me know i'll check back time to time .take care .cathy boy this horse is hard on the eyes better change it .later

July 26, 2005, 7:03 am CDT

alcmomof3

Quote From: alcmomof3

I will pray for your son that when school starts this mean child will not do this to your son again. I get so upset when I hear of this, I have 3 children and they range in ages from 13 to 10 and then the little one 3. My daughter who is 13 would never tolerate it, when we moved 3 years ago she had a few girls who were bothering her at her new school and I told her not to put up with it cuz I knew it would continue if she let them, so she started to talk back to them and luckily it never had to go any further!! My 10 year old would be the sweet one who would take anything and I try to tell him not to let other kids who are not nice to push him around, he is little for his age so I worry. I think he is getting a backbone though. I do not tell the kids that is ok to fight but I do tell them that if a kids hit them that I give permission to hit back. My husband doesn't really agree with this but I think in today's world kids have to stick up for themsleves, if telling the teacher doesn't work then what else can you do?? Parents of bullies are to blame, I feel like they are ok with there kids being like that and ignore it also. Bottom line I can't stand bullies and I would be freaking out if I was you...

Good Luck!!!!

Hi there just thought i would check in here and i saw your post and i have to say i agree with you.The parents of these bullies need to take ownership in this too .AS WELL THE SCHOOL NEEDS TO PUT MORE INTO THEIR ANTI-BULLYING AND SOME RULES TO ENFORCE .I wish DR. Phil would have more on the bullying but also have the parents show more ownership .There is nothing any more madding then to have a parent say ",they wouldn't do that who what my kid "give me a break i always stressed with mine the imporrtance of respect and be dammed if i'm going to let it happen to mine .I f that were the case why bother inforcing the rule of respect at home when you don't as a parent follow it your self RIGHT?T hese parents make me sick .take care i'll check back later.all my best to the mom's of bullies and the dads too  sorry dads .LOLHULA GIRL. cathy

July 26, 2005, 11:05 am CDT

Bullies

I couldn't believe myself how the school reacted to this.  I think they ended up suspending the boy for a day when I involved the police in it.  I will have to see what happens in the fall.  I too agree parents should take it more seriously, the mom was told she should walk her son to and from school  so she could keep a better eye on him, I guess she figured she didn't have time for that. 

I will see if I can go to the archived section....take care.

July 27, 2005, 4:41 am CDT

trayoo

Quote From: tray00

I couldn't believe myself how the school reacted to this. I think they ended up suspending the boy for a day when I involved the police in it. I will have to see what happens in the fall. I too agree parents should take it more seriously, the mom was told she should walk her son to and from school so she could keep a better eye on him, I guess she figured she didn't have time for that.

I will see if I can go to the archived section....take care.

Hi there tray,the parents or mom that she should walk her son to school what help is that she is not there at school to see the bullying going on is she?suspension a day!!!thats just a joke .Kids like that just laugh at the school  who hand out a day suspension .I think parents who have bullies most probably did a bit of bullying themselves at one time or another.Not only the parents that have to step up ,the school too has to take ownership also .We send our kids to school for an education not a beaten.The school needs to be educated a bit more themselves before someone is seriously hurt if not already.Takecare and hope your son is well .talk again soon .cathy

July 27, 2005, 8:05 am CDT

Bullies

Quote From: 101160

Hi there tray,the parents or mom that she should walk her son to school what help is that she is not there at school to see the bullying going on is she?suspension a day!!!thats just a joke .Kids like that just laugh at the school who hand out a day suspension .I think parents who have bullies most probably did a bit of bullying themselves at one time or another.Not only the parents that have to step up ,the school too has to take ownership also .We send our kids to school for an education not a beaten.The school needs to be educated a bit more themselves before someone is seriously hurt if not already.Takecare and hope your son is well .talk again soon .cathy

Once we found out it was going on the school was watching the kid druing school hours, (recess).  But the mom was asked to walk to her son to and from school so that it wouldn't happen before or after school.  I started driving my son to school, the last week of school. 

I did not figure out how to go to the archives to read the old posts?????

We live in Canada, (Aberta) and the part of town I live in has had a lot of shootings.  Not that it is a bad area, our whole city seems to have crap going on.  But since spring, their has been a few shootings, for example a boy was riding his bike down the street and someone shot him.  I said to the school and police, if someone doesn't do something about this kid now, he is going to be the next person to shot someone.  I said take this seriously.  We have just passed laws about bullying recently.  We have speakers come in and talk to the kids in the schools and bullying.  Society is making a big deal of bullying saying thier is a NO TOLOERANCE to bullying   but then the school doesn't take it seriously.  I don't understand. 

If it continues once school is back  I will press charges, and I will go to the school board. 

My son is a big boy, he is not overwieght, but he is about 2 yrs older "looking" the all of his class mates.  I am not sure why he was choosen.  Not saying that it is the little children that get bullied but when you look at my son, it doesn't look like the type of kid to take a beaten.  Please dont' take that the wrong way, I am just saying that usually kids that are bullied are bullied by someone 3 times as small as them.  And that is not the case here.  I guess I never thought it would happen to my son. 

Anyhow, all for now.....Tray 

July 27, 2005, 8:09 am CDT

Bullies

Quote From: alcmomof3

Good Luck!!!!

Yes I was freaking out, even my neigbor was (it was her son who told his mom and then she told me) My son wouldn't even tell me this was happening. 

I did tell my son not to take it when he was being pushed around.  I know some people wouldn't agree with that either, but if you have to defend yourself I say go for it!

July 27, 2005, 2:28 pm CDT

Iam back

Hi

I think iam  going to like this new set up.It will take some time to get use to.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last