Message Boards

Topic : 06/09 Loving Dumb

Number of Replies: 294
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 31, 2006, 12:51:47 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/05/06) Love -- It can be the best feeling in your life, or it can leave you scarred, wounded and completely baffled. When Jeannie first appeared on the show, she was surprised to learn what men really thought of her. She got a wake-up call from Dr. Phil, but has she put his advice to work and have things changed? Next, Hayley and Chad's romance started to sizzle after their trip to Love Smart Island. When Dr. Phil sends them on an adventure, what does Hayley learn about herself when it comes to relationships, and could you be making the same mistake? Then, Todd, one of Love Smart Island's popular bachelors, is back to face the reality of why he can't find the one. Will he change his game when he meets three new bachelorettes? Plus, find out why men dump women without an explanation, and see a special musical performance that will fill your heart with love. Tune in to find out if you're unlucky in love or if you’re just loving dumb. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 1, 2006, 4:29 am CST

why?

Want to know why men dump women without explanation? just like that guy said "he's just not into you".

April 5, 2006, 6:16 am CDT

"he's just not that into you"

Quote From: tripleh

Want to know why men dump women without explanation? just like that guy said "he's just not into you".
If a guy is not "that into" someone, then he should just be man enough to say it.  Even that phrase alone is better than no explanation at all.  Women need something they can accept so they can get closure on a relationship and to provide a woman with no explanation will leave her analyzing and questioning the entire relationship for months.  All it takes is a simple, honest reason and not only will women respect a man more for that, but it will make it easier for her to move on to someone better.

April 5, 2006, 7:29 am CDT

What should I do

My husband and I were having problems , he was wanting a divorce, but still living in our home. He started going out with his friends and drinking alot, he slept with a woman at the bar. After that happened he says he realizes that isn't the life he wants and wants to work  on our marriage. He has been great and has not drank for 6 weeks. I still have a hard time thinking of him being with someone else . What should I do?/ 

April 5, 2006, 8:03 am CDT

Do I love dumb?

It was by chance that I got to see today's show. I thought that today's segment was very interesting as I can not seem to keep a relationship going. I was married very early on and divorced 5yrs and 3 children later. I have been in two longterm relationships since then but both relationships did not end up with commitments. I do not understand what I am doing wrong. I have a very strong spirit and I am afaid that I scare them away. 

April 5, 2006, 8:16 am CDT

For Todd

Hi This message is for Todd ( if by chance you would read this)
Todd, I would just like to send out some encouragement.. I saw you on the show this morning and I was impressed with your personality! I must say: keep your personality and don't alter it because it didn't work with the last girl, trust me it will cause problems in the next relationship if it is altered. See, I met a man who was pretty much in the same situation you are in, and he changed his personality becasue it didn't work for him with the last girl.. needless to say the different personality I met was the one I was looking for, then later, when he became more comfortable with me and himself around me the true personality came out... after we got married.
Changing is deciving and misleading.. I was looking for a guy like you but got a man like the others I had dated. You are a wonderful person who will find another  wonderful person as long as you make sure you are honest about yourself  :0) Have a great day and happy dating!
Michelle

April 5, 2006, 9:09 am CDT

Whey men stop calling women

During my teens and early 20s I never had more than 3 dates with the same guy and although they never gave me a reason for not calling me, I knew why. I think they stopped calling be because after 3 dates they knew I wasn't going to be sleeping with them and they felt I wasn't worth the effort. Fortunately, I had enough self-esteem not to lower my morals that I must be in a real loving and mutually exclusive relationship before being intimate. Eventually I met a guy who was not just after one thing and respected and accepted MY standards and dated semi-seriously and although he was not the one, I learned there were men out there that did respect women, but he did give me faith that there are nice guys out there, don't settle!

April 5, 2006, 9:24 am CDT

honesty is always better

Quote From: mishelley

Hi This message is for Todd ( if by chance you would read this)
Todd, I would just like to send out some encouragement.. I saw you on the show this morning and I was impressed with your personality! I must say: keep your personality and don't alter it because it didn't work with the last girl, trust me it will cause problems in the next relationship if it is altered. See, I met a man who was pretty much in the same situation you are in, and he changed his personality becasue it didn't work for him with the last girl.. needless to say the different personality I met was the one I was looking for, then later, when he became more comfortable with me and himself around me the true personality came out... after we got married.
Changing is deciving and misleading.. I was looking for a guy like you but got a man like the others I had dated. You are a wonderful person who will find another  wonderful person as long as you make sure you are honest about yourself  :0) Have a great day and happy dating!
Michelle
how long did you date this guy?   i would think one could fkake a personality for so long before it got aught up to him or her.  i dated the man i am with a year before i moved in with him then dated for 4  more then we got married.

April 5, 2006, 9:48 am CDT

A Slightly Different Subject....

I stopped watching the  The Bachelor and The Bachlorette back when Heartthrob... BOB broke up with Estella 1 week later.  Ryan and Trista were an adorable couple and one of the few that stayed together.  Now most every other couple breaks up after the airing....  Why do you all think they break up?  Some have blamed the 3 months lapse between the final show and the tapings?  Some have blamed the JEALOUSY in the house among the girls fighting over 1 guy or the guys fighting over 1 girl.  SEE I THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE AN ALUMNI SHOW where they bring back all the bachelor's and bachelorettes from all shows and all contestants for a week or so and see if any love connections occur????? RIGHT NOW ALL THEY DO IS CRY and then the final one who WINS ALSO ENDS UP CRYING....  So I don't watch this show anymore.  I watched the first show of the last one and the last one of the last one.... and a week later they broke up.  Maybe there needs to be a new strategy idea for The Bachelor and The Bachelorette?

April 5, 2006, 10:25 am CDT

04/05 Loving Dumb

Quote From: busylady72

It was by chance that I got to see today's show. I thought that today's segment was very interesting as I can not seem to keep a relationship going. I was married very early on and divorced 5yrs and 3 children later. I have been in two longterm relationships since then but both relationships did not end up with commitments. I do not understand what I am doing wrong. I have a very strong spirit and I am afaid that I scare them away. 

A strong spirit is great is some circumstances ( work, determination , self-respect...) but when it comes to relationships what I look for in a girls spirit is understanding and support so that we work as a team for a common goal ( hapiness).   When it comes to romance I beleive that a stong spirit has one stike against them, since a strong spirit usually likes it there way with little negociation to accomedate the other person in the relationship.  Have an open spirit with the RIGHT guy and I'm shure things will start to change. Just one guys point of view. 

April 5, 2006, 10:32 am CDT

I'm with the 3 ladies and why don't men call

I know in my past I haven't dated a lot, in fact I didn't start dating till I was 21 and I had a wide range of dates.  Just recently I have noticed that when I do meet a guy for a date I think it went ok, and yes I'm nervous but I don't think them not calling me or leaving me an email telling me that "hey I had a great time but you are not my type lets just be friends".  I had one guy after our first date email 5 days later to say "He as you probably figured out this just won't work.. I wish you the best"...   Come on, one date tells you all this? heck I was just trying to figure him out after one date and he did pick the one place in my home town that everyone goes to so yes I was a tad uncomfortable being there as I knew most of not all the people in the resturant. 

So what is up with me?  if anyone has any answers I would love to hear them. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last