Message Boards

Topic : 07/07 The Final Ultimatum

Number of Replies: 796
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 21, 2006, 10:15:01 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/24/06) Have you ever been so fed up with your spouse's behavior that you’ve considered giving him or her an ultimatum? Dr. Phil talks to guests who say their marriage is on the rocks, and they need help reconnecting. Barbara calls her stepdaughter, Ambreah, "a monster." She says she inherited “the little thing" when her husband, Ed's, ex-wife was in a tragic car accident. Ambreah no longer lives with them, but Barbara says if Ed brings her back into their house, she'll leave. Should Ed be forced to choose between his wife and his child? Then, Bobby, a country music singer, says his wife, Danyel's, jealous ways are pushing him to the brink. She curses out other women, checks his cell phone records and accuses him of cheating on her. Bobby says if Danyel doesn't stop her behavior, he's ready to go solo. Is Bobby giving Danyel a reason to sing the blues? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 21, 2006, 10:39 pm CDT

i know ed

I used to work with Ed - couldn't believe when I saw previews to the show that he's going to be on it Monday. Ambreah is such a sweet little girl, I can't believe that he would let anyone talk to her this way.

April 22, 2006, 5:54 am CDT

What remains

Are they all a different shade of gray?  I mean the stories about step-parents and step-children.  I wait to see Barbara's story about her "monster" step-daughter.  I anticipate it as similar to others dealing with step-families.  I suspect though something will be missing from the story, something important (in my view).    

A famous therapist was asked, "what are the two most important things in a successful relationship according to most professionals in the field?"  Surprisingly, he didn't know that friendship and communication are.  Really though I think there is only one:  wisdom, as does this not include the former?  Will I think after watching the show that this is what Barbara needs?  I think so.  We all do.  And the sooner we acquire this illusive gift, the sooner we become at peace with ourselfs and others.  In time Barbara will grow wise.  She'll look back at the problems she had with her step-daughter as her wisdom begins cutting deeply into her thoughts leaving only the remains of . . . regret.   

April 22, 2006, 6:03 am CDT

My heart breaks

I don't know how anyone could feel like this about a little child.  How could the father allow this woman to kick his only child out?  I don't know if I can watch this one, my heart is breaking just from watching Ambreah's body language in the short video clips.  How cruel for this child who's lost her mother and apparently the only person who loved her....  I just want to cry.

April 22, 2006, 6:19 am CDT

Stepparrent

I WOULD NEVER LET ANYONE TALK TO MY CHILD AND SAY THEY WANTED TO KILL HER!!! I'M ABOUT TO MARRY AND HE WILL BE MY DAUGHTERS STEP DAD. BUT MY LITTLE GIRL WILL ALWAYS COME FIRST, HE ACTS LIKE THAT WOMEN, HES GONE!  

I WILL ALSO BE A STEP MOM TO HIS SON, AND I UNDERSTAND THE ANNOYANCE OF STEP CHILDREN, BUT IF YOU CANT LOVE THEM AND CANT ACCEPT THE WHOLE PACKAGE, DONT MARRY INTO IT! I FEEL FOR THAT LITTLE GIRL, IM SURE SHE DOESNT DESERVE THAT.  

April 22, 2006, 7:17 am CDT

The Wife or the Child there is only one clear choice. Will Ed have the guts to do it?

No child should have to suffer the loss of a primary care giver to only be rejected by the one parent they have left.   Ed has one choice and his current wife had better shape up or get out.  If she can't love and embrace her role as a mother to this child then Ed has to send her packing.  Ed needs to make it clear that his daughters needs are met or he is movin on.  Not many men have are brave and strong enough to do this.  Let hope Ed is different and Dr. Phil can make this woman see how cruel she is to reject a motherless child who clearly needs her and her father.

April 22, 2006, 8:24 am CDT

04/24 The Final Ultimatum

That poor unwanted little girl.  I would take her in a heartbeat! How can any parent marry someone who hates your child? Uggh

April 22, 2006, 10:11 am CDT

04/24 The Final Ultimatum

Quote From: lh2000

No child should have to suffer the loss of a primary care giver to only be rejected by the one parent they have left.   Ed has one choice and his current wife had better shape up or get out.  If she can't love and embrace her role as a mother to this child then Ed has to send her packing.  Ed needs to make it clear that his daughters needs are met or he is movin on.  Not many men have are brave and strong enough to do this.  Let hope Ed is different and Dr. Phil can make this woman see how cruel she is to reject a motherless child who clearly needs her and her father.
Barbara needs to be Kicked to the curb immediately. There is no "shaping up" after rejecting what should be Ed's most precious gift. 

April 22, 2006, 10:38 am CDT

ohh no

No parent should let there child be abused in any way by anyone . and if this father is letting this happen then he shouldnt be able to have the pleasure of being called a dad.

April 22, 2006, 4:36 pm CDT

I don't have to see the show yet to know....

....the answer to this one.  The wife needs to go.  Children should always come first.  I told my husband when he came into our lives that no matter what, my children would come first and vice versa....I would NEVER expect to come before his children.  If there were any conflicts between my children and their step-father that could not be resolved in any way, my marriage would be over.  No ifs, ands or buts about it.  And DEFINITELY if he were to give me an ultimatum....I wouldn't be asking Dr. Phil what I should do! :)

April 22, 2006, 8:42 pm CDT

Ambreah is the Real winner!

I'd like everyone to know that Ambreah is truely the winner in this situation. My cousin and his wife (who was a friend of her mother's) are currently the ones caring for this child. If Edward truely wants his wife more than this child we all know what a loser he is. Ambreah is in a loving, Christian home with 2 other children. She is brought to visit with her mother on a routine basis, but most of all she is in a loving enviroment where she can prosper and grow to be a productive adult.I pray that she doesn't see this segment of the show. She now has an extended family that loves her. She is the most gentle loving child you will ever meet. I truely believe that Edward and Barbara will pay for the decisions they have made.  If Ambreah ever sees this segment or this forum board, I just want her to know one thing: " WE LOVE YOU, and we will always be your family" Edward --  - The best thing you could do would be allow her to be adopted and walk away if you are choosing Barbara first. Barbara - - I really feel sorry for you. You must be a very insecure person if your jealousy of this child has caused you this much grief. I will pray for you each night to remove this hatred of this child, but if you truely feel you could kill her you need to stay as far away from her as possible. As for both Edward and Barbara, I hope what Dr. Phil says to you will sink in and you will resolve your issues. I beg of you to allow Ambi a normal childhood. She has already had way to much taken from her.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last