Message Boards

Topic : Birth Stories

Number of Replies: 95
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:52:12 pm
Author : dataimport
Women love sharing their birth stories - share yours with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 25, 2005, 11:01 am CDT

pregnant and alone

Where do I start? Right now my life is pretty messed up right now. I am 7 months pregnant and my boyfriend of 2 years has ran off to Virginia. I already have a one year old son with him and things weren't great but they weren't the worst. About 2 weeks ago he was helping his god parents move to Virginia, then on my son's first birthday (july 09) he calls me and says he wasn't going to make it to the party. He had  the nerve enough to tell me that he could've gotten a bus ticket home but he needed time to himself he was too stressed out. Boy was I hurt to the bone. I figured it's your sons 1st birthday and your being so selfish by saying that you needed to get away. At a time like this? His reply was "me missing his first birthday is between me and him and I don't  have to answer to anyone but him." Well that may be true to a certain extent but come on it's your sons first birthday why would you want to miss out on that? I was furious. I told him not to bother me for awhile. He calls the party to speak with his brother and tells him he on his way to Virginia Beach. Does anyone else see something wrong with that. he tells him also that he would be back later on that week. After that I didnt hear from him until the following Saturday and he  calls me and tells me that he might be staying down there for awhile and that he's going to the shipyard to find work every morning. I was so hurt. I was crying hysterically I mean I loved this boy. I would do anything for him. I mean it just happened so fast. The day before he left we were doing fine we watched a movie after I got off work then he took me home we did our I love yous and kisses. He says he understands why I am so hurt but I dont see how you could do somebody like this if  you love them. His main rebuttals  are "I need time to myself to get my head on straight. you dont know what is going oon in someones head or what people are thinking, I am too stressed out. Sometimes you have think about yourself no matter who it hurts or you'll never be happy."

I know it's not all about me but I am crushed I need my boyfriend right now to get through this pregnancy to hug me kiss me talk to me but he says he to stressed out and he needs to get his life togather and start thinking more about himself. I feel like I am worthless. I cry every night . I cant believe he just left me like he did. He was my first for everything. This was even a big blow to his family. If you knew Justin you thought he would always be there for his kids if not his girlfriend. I feel embarassed when someone asks me how we're doing or where he's at.

He called me yesterday to ask about our son the convo was dry and forced. he began telling how he found a job and that he even started going to church. It looks like to me he's not coming back and that hurts more than anything. when he talks i can truly hear happiness in his voice. I want to be happy for him but I am not happy with how he left me. I feel burdened and stressed. I am begining to blame him for my anger, sadness, and depression. i feel like his happiness costed me what little happiness i had. at times I hate his guts at other times i miss him and I still love him. I cry all the time I need help.  does anyone have any advice.

thanks

Teena marie

Columbus Ohio

July 25, 2005, 6:36 pm CDT

Birth Stories

Quote From: teemarie03

Where do I start? Right now my life is pretty messed up right now. I am 7 months pregnant and my boyfriend of 2 years has ran off to Virginia. I already have a one year old son with him and things weren't great but they weren't the worst. About 2 weeks ago he was helping his god parents move to Virginia, then on my son's first birthday (july 09) he calls me and says he wasn't going to make it to the party. Hehad the nerve enough to tellme that he could've gotten a bus ticket home but he needed time to himself he was too stressed out. Boy was I hurt to the bone. I figured it's your sons 1st birthday and your being so selfish by saying that you needed to get away. At a time like this? His reply was "me missing his first birthday is between me and him and I don't have to answer to anyone but him." Well that may be true to a certain extent but come on it's your sons first birthday why would you want to miss out on that? I was furious. I told him not to bother me for awhile. He calls the party to speak with his brother and tells him he on his way to VirginiaBeach. Does anyone else see something wrong with that. he tells him also that he would be back later on that week.After that I didnt hear from him until the followingSaturday and he calls me and tells me that hemight bestaying down there for awhile and that he's going to the shipyard to find work every morning. I was so hurt. I was crying hysterically I mean I loved this boy. I would do anything for him. I mean it just happened so fast. The day before he left we were doing fine we watched a movie after I got off work then he took me home we did our I love yous and kisses. He says he understands why I am so hurt but I dont see how you could do somebody like this if you love them. His main rebuttals are "I need time to myself to get my head on straight. you dont know what is going oon in someones head or what people are thinking, I am too stressed out. Sometimes you have think about yourself no matter who it hurts or you'll never be happy."

I know it's not all about me but I am crushed I need my boyfriend right now to get through this pregnancy to hug me kiss me talk to me but he says he to stressed out and he needs to get his life togather and start thinking more about himself. I feel like I am worthless. I cry every night . I cant believe he just left me like he did. He was my first for everything. This was even a big blow to his family. If you knew Justin you thought he would always be there for his kids if not his girlfriend. I feel embarassed when someone asks me how we're doing or where he's at.

He called me yesterday to ask about our son the convo was dry and forced. he began telling how he found a job and that he even started going to church. It looks liketo me he's not coming back and that hurts more than anything. when he talks i can truly hear happiness in his voice. I want to be happy for him but I am not happy with how he left me. I feel burdened and stressed. I am begining to blame him for my anger, sadness, and depression. i feel like his happiness costed me what little happiness i had. at times I hate his guts at other times i miss him and I still love him. I cry all the time I need help. does anyone have any advice.

thanks

Teena marie

Columbus Ohio

Hi there hope every thing is going well where to start with this just wondering how long you guys have been together are you still together have u thought about moving up there to where he is? im hoping to move and with any luck my boyfriend will follow he says he will as he wants me to have his baby i no its really hard i understand that but talk to him about moving up there or some thing hope that helps im not the greatest with advice :)

July 26, 2005, 7:57 pm CDT

Hi sweety

Quote From: nahgrom

Hi there hope every thing is going well where to start with this just wondering how long you guys have been together are you still together have u thought about moving up there to where he is? im hoping to move and with any luck my boyfriend will follow he says he will as he wants me to have his baby i no its really hard i understand that but talk to him about moving up there or some thing hope that helps im not the greatest with advice :)
Above all else know that you already have the best part of him. U have 2 beautiful kids, well, almost 2. Men mature alot slower than women but thats in no way an excuse to dodge outta your responsiblities. In my opinion I think u should you should just let the selfish fool go. Right now u really do think u need him around but by reading your entry your gunna do just fine on your own. Your so much stronger than u think. Just know that "This to shall pass" I don't know where that saying comes from but its my favorite. When u get overwhelmed just tell yourself that.

July 26, 2005, 7:59 pm CDT

Birth Stories

Quote From: teemarie03

Where do I start? Right now my life is pretty messed up right now. I am 7 months pregnant and my boyfriend of 2 years has ran off to Virginia. I already have a one year old son with him and things weren't great but they weren't the worst. About 2 weeks ago he was helping his god parents move to Virginia, then on my son's first birthday (july 09) he calls me and says he wasn't going to make it to the party. Hehad the nerve enough to tellme that he could've gotten a bus ticket home but he needed time to himself he was too stressed out. Boy was I hurt to the bone. I figured it's your sons 1st birthday and your being so selfish by saying that you needed to get away. At a time like this? His reply was "me missing his first birthday is between me and him and I don't have to answer to anyone but him." Well that may be true to a certain extent but come on it's your sons first birthday why would you want to miss out on that? I was furious. I told him not to bother me for awhile. He calls the party to speak with his brother and tells him he on his way to VirginiaBeach. Does anyone else see something wrong with that. he tells him also that he would be back later on that week.After that I didnt hear from him until the followingSaturday and he calls me and tells me that hemight bestaying down there for awhile and that he's going to the shipyard to find work every morning. I was so hurt. I was crying hysterically I mean I loved this boy. I would do anything for him. I mean it just happened so fast. The day before he left we were doing fine we watched a movie after I got off work then he took me home we did our I love yous and kisses. He says he understands why I am so hurt but I dont see how you could do somebody like this if you love them. His main rebuttals are "I need time to myself to get my head on straight. you dont know what is going oon in someones head or what people are thinking, I am too stressed out. Sometimes you have think about yourself no matter who it hurts or you'll never be happy."

He called me yesterday to ask about our son the convo was dry and forced. he began telling how he found a job and that he even started going to church. It looks liketo me he's not coming back and that hurts more than anything. when he talks i can truly hear happiness in his voice. I want to be happy for him but I am not happy with how he left me. I feel burdened and stressed. I am begining to blame him for my anger, sadness, and depression. i feel like his happiness costed me what little happiness i had. at times I hate his guts at other times i miss him and I still love him. I cry all the time I need help. does anyone have any advice.

thanks

Teena marie

Columbus Ohio

Above all else know that you already have the best part of him. U have 2 beautiful kids, well, almost 2. Men mature alot slower than women but thats in no way an excuse to dodge outta your responsiblities. In my opinion I think u should you should just let the selfish fool go. Right now u really do think u need him around but by reading your entry your gunna do just fine on your own. Your so much stronger than u think. Just know that "This to shall pass" I don't know where that saying comes from but its my favorite. When u get overwhelmed just tell yourself that.

September 2, 2005, 11:08 am CDT

Birth Stories

Quote From: tracee

AMEN.  NO man is worth crying over.  And you have heard this a million times.  I broke up with a guy after 2 1/2 years...he was my first everything as well.  So what?  Yeah I don't have kids with him but now that I am past the heartache I am much happier.  You are pregnant which makes things a little more hard...BUT make sure you smack that jerk with child support.  if he's gonna ditch out on his fatherly responsibilites he should at least pay the price.  Please do yourself a favor and DO THIS!  He will go to jail if he doesn't pay child support.  It's kind of a way to get revenge without really getting it...does that make sense?  Keep us updated...I am interested as to how this will pan out. I feel for you though..I have been pregnant and alone before as well! I would just forget about the pain he has caused you...unfortunetly you can't FORGET about him...but be glad for the gifts you have in your life..COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!!

September 16, 2005, 7:43 am CDT

I love hearing about birth stories...

so i'll share mine! 

I have two little boys, a three year and 1/2 year old and a nine month old.  both births we so different. 

with my first i had a great pregnancy.  I worked the entire time as a gas meter reader and was walking 8-10 miles five days a week.  I gained 29 lbs and felt great the entire time.  The day before i was due i went to the doctors and found that my blood pressure was high so the doctor decided to strip my membranes and hope i went into labor on my own.  I was sent home on bed rest. 

the next morning i realized that i was leaking amnio fluid and went to the hospital (where my water broke in the bathroom)...because they didn't know how long i had been leaking fluid they put me on pitocin right away...HATE! that stuff. 

everything went great until i was 8 cm dialated (about 6 hours later)...then i spiked a fever and started throwing up (so they couldn't keep any tylenol in me).  When my fever got to 104 they decided to do the emergency c-section. 

My son was born with a temp of 103 so he went right to the NICU and was there for three days getting antibiotics in case there was an infection (they never found any and figured that he was so hot because i was so hot). 

we went home together and everything was rosey :) 

with my second i was determined to have a VBAC...my pregnancy wasn't quite so smooth.  I had morning sickness (for the first five months) and then problems with my blood sugar.  I didn't have diabetes (blood sugar levels always fine after many tests) but i continually spilled sugar in my urine for unknown reasons.  Plus, i wasn't working anymore so i wasn't in as good of shape.  I gained 25 lbs (but was bigger than with my first). 

since i had my first on his due date i had hopes with my second that he would be early or at least on time ;) but he was 6 days late.  I finally went into labor in the middle of the night and started with contractions 2 minutes apart but not very strong-this went on for 12 hours before i went in to the hospital. 

the birth went perfectly and after 40 minutes of pushing, had another great little boy.  We both had a fever, though it was low grade, that they couldn't find a reason for...i think i'm allergic to childbirth! :) 

The transition with him was not as smooth because i tore horribly during the birth (the doctor said he had never seen skin that was less elastic-no wonder all the stretch marks!)...plus both my hubby and i got the flu the night we took him home and it was christmas eve (which is a little stressful anyway). 

all in all-i loved each of my birth experiences though neither were perfect.  It truly is an amazing thing and i've never done anything more empowering! 

September 17, 2005, 12:29 am CDT

GOOD EVENING ROSSNTHADE...

Quote From: rossnthade

so i'll share mine! 

I have two little boys, a three year and 1/2 year old and a nine month old.  both births we so different. 

with my first i had a great pregnancy.  I worked the entire time as a gas meter reader and was walking 8-10 miles five days a week.  I gained 29 lbs and felt great the entire time.  The day before i was due i went to the doctors and found that my blood pressure was high so the doctor decided to strip my membranes and hope i went into labor on my own.  I was sent home on bed rest. 

the next morning i realized that i was leaking amnio fluid and went to the hospital (where my water broke in the bathroom)...because they didn't know how long i had been leaking fluid they put me on pitocin right away...HATE! that stuff. 

everything went great until i was 8 cm dialated (about 6 hours later)...then i spiked a fever and started throwing up (so they couldn't keep any tylenol in me).  When my fever got to 104 they decided to do the emergency c-section. 

My son was born with a temp of 103 so he went right to the NICU and was there for three days getting antibiotics in case there was an infection (they never found any and figured that he was so hot because i was so hot). 

we went home together and everything was rosey :) 

with my second i was determined to have a VBAC...my pregnancy wasn't quite so smooth.  I had morning sickness (for the first five months) and then problems with my blood sugar.  I didn't have diabetes (blood sugar levels always fine after many tests) but i continually spilled sugar in my urine for unknown reasons.  Plus, i wasn't working anymore so i wasn't in as good of shape.  I gained 25 lbs (but was bigger than with my first). 

since i had my first on his due date i had hopes with my second that he would be early or at least on time ;) but he was 6 days late.  I finally went into labor in the middle of the night and started with contractions 2 minutes apart but not very strong-this went on for 12 hours before i went in to the hospital. 

the birth went perfectly and after 40 minutes of pushing, had another great little boy.  We both had a fever, though it was low grade, that they couldn't find a reason for...i think i'm allergic to childbirth! :) 

The transition with him was not as smooth because i tore horribly during the birth (the doctor said he had never seen skin that was less elastic-no wonder all the stretch marks!)...plus both my hubby and i got the flu the night we took him home and it was christmas eve (which is a little stressful anyway). 

all in all-i loved each of my birth experiences though neither were perfect.  It truly is an amazing thing and i've never done anything more empowering! 

Good to see you here, as it has been awhile hasn't it?! And Congraulations on your new little one, be it that he is now 9 months old. By the way, what is his birthdate? The reason I ask is that my sister had her little bloke on Christmas Eve last year. So, he will be 9 months on the 24th of this month. His name is Harley and he's a lovely little boy. 

It was interesting to hear about you having "Sweet Pee" but not ending up with G Diabetes.  

Did you have the high blood pressure this time or was that fine? Yes, maybe you are "Allergic to childbirth" especially after having high temps with both boys!! 

Well Stephanie is now 3, she turned 3 on the 18th of July and she is still such a good child, we still haven't had many drama's with her. Yes we know just how lucky and how blessed we are with her.  

Well I hope that all is well with you and yours, please TAKE CARE. LOVE KELLY. 

September 17, 2005, 7:49 am CDT

nice to hear from you again kelly :)

Quote From: ceders2

Good to see you here, as it has been awhile hasn't it?! And Congraulations on your new little one, be it that he is now 9 months old. By the way, what is his birthdate? The reason I ask is that my sister had her little bloke on Christmas Eve last year. So, he will be 9 months on the 24th of this month. His name is Harley and he's a lovely little boy. 

It was interesting to hear about you having "Sweet Pee" but not ending up with G Diabetes.  

Did you have the high blood pressure this time or was that fine? Yes, maybe you are "Allergic to childbirth" especially after having high temps with both boys!! 

Well Stephanie is now 3, she turned 3 on the 18th of July and she is still such a good child, we still haven't had many drama's with her. Yes we know just how lucky and how blessed we are with her.  

Well I hope that all is well with you and yours, please TAKE CARE. LOVE KELLY. 

I remember first talking to you when our little ones were just a few months old and here we are with pre-schoolers!  can you believe it?!  

My youngest, Eli, was born on the 22 of december.  He was due the 16th and i was hoping so much that he would come early to keep his birthday away from christmas but it just wasn't to be.  I feel so bad that he shares those two special holidays but there's nothing to do about it. 

Yes, it was interesting that i had sugar in my urine but no diabetes.  My doctor really didn't know what it was but he talked to a perinatalogist about it and he said that sometimes the kidneys spill urine during pregnancy for no reason...bodies are complex things! 

and no, i didn't have high blood pressure with my second.  It was fine the whole time...thank goodness.  because i had had a c-section before they couldn't induce my labor this time (no pictocin) because it could make the contractions too strong.  That meant that if for any reason i NEEDED to have the baby it would have been an automatic c-section and i really didn't want one again.   

I'm glad to know your little one is doing so good!  It's a fun age (sometimes!)....jen. 

September 17, 2005, 12:19 pm CDT

lol...

I just realized that in my last post i said that 'sometimes the kidneys spill urine' gee, i'd hope so! 

I really meant sugar of course!...jen. 

September 17, 2005, 7:14 pm CDT

HI JEN...

Quote From: rossnthade

I remember first talking to you when our little ones were just a few months old and here we are with pre-schoolers!  can you believe it?!  

My youngest, Eli, was born on the 22 of december.  He was due the 16th and i was hoping so much that he would come early to keep his birthday away from christmas but it just wasn't to be.  I feel so bad that he shares those two special holidays but there's nothing to do about it. 

Yes, it was interesting that i had sugar in my urine but no diabetes.  My doctor really didn't know what it was but he talked to a perinatalogist about it and he said that sometimes the kidneys spill urine during pregnancy for no reason...bodies are complex things! 

and no, i didn't have high blood pressure with my second.  It was fine the whole time...thank goodness.  because i had had a c-section before they couldn't induce my labor this time (no pictocin) because it could make the contractions too strong.  That meant that if for any reason i NEEDED to have the baby it would have been an automatic c-section and i really didn't want one again.   

I'm glad to know your little one is doing so good!  It's a fun age (sometimes!)....jen. 

Yes, I know what you mean about birthdays's right on Christmas, as mine is the 23rd of Dec, my Dad's is on the 27th of Dec and now we have Harley's on the 24th.  

When I was a child, Mum wanted to change my birthday to being in November, but Dad said that if it was good enough for him to have his birthday just after Christmas then it was good enough for me to have mine just before Christmas!! 

Yes, Stephanie is at a lovely age right now, she is learning so much from Mark and I. She can already count up to 70, yes 70. We have a Fisher Price Doodle Pro and Stephanie and I play a game where she says, "Where's One?" and I write one down and then she says, "Where's Two?" and so on and so until we get up to 70. Also we have the same game with the ABC's. She can also count backwards on the Microwave Oven, well I guess it all helps her. 

I am glad to hear that your second birth was better than your first and glad to know that both children are doing fine now. Well you and yours please TAKE CARE and hope to hear from you again soon. LOVE KELLY. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last