Message Boards

Topic : Getting Pregnant

Number of Replies: 210
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:52:55 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you trying to conceive? Share your trials and successes with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 11, 2006, 12:23 pm CST

Getting Pregnant

Quote From: alissare17

my wife and i want to conceive badly.the problem is that my wife lives far from me in an other town.i don't know how serious this problem is.but i have many unanswered questions:should the baby(i want a baby-girl),once she comes,be with me or with my wife?i must precise,that my mother is willing to help in that matter,but if the would-be baby stays with me,that's mean she would mess the breast-feeding by her mother.. notice:im 29,my wife is 25 years old.i and my wife meet once every 15 days.please help me to reach a decision..thank you

I think that the baby needs both of you not just one, especially if you want to get to know the baby. If yall only see each other every 15 days. That would be alot on either of you. Its important that the baby is with the mom when its an infant just because it has been in her belly for 9 months and know her voice. A comfort zone for the baby. Your wife will also need support from you when she get home from the hospital shell be drained and it'll catch up with her eventually. You got to stop that before it starts. My husband learned that from our first child. I had alot of help from him and family especially with my 1st one. Its tiring and very stressful after a while. My opinion you should be with her and the baby. 

January 12, 2006, 9:10 pm CST

Falling Pregnant over 40 years

Hello, 

I am 41 this year and would still like to fall pregnant. Does anyone have any stories of falling pregnant and being over 40 years old? Were there any complications? I guess I need some hope. 

Thanks, Christine 

January 16, 2006, 8:12 am CST

Getting Pregnant

Quote From: ceders2

Just wanted to write and give you my thoughts on this, if you don't mind that is!! 

You've only been trying for 3 months to me thats not long at all so don't go worrying yourself too much about this. It will happen when it is suppose to happen, believe me. 

My hubby had a very low sperm count and he had been told many years ago that it would be very unlikely that he would ever be able to father any children. So we just got on with life and we did try on and off for many years to have a baby but nothing happened, but also we were trying too hard at times, so much so that we were not having any fun anymore. 

So, we stopped trying and just got back to enjoying each other and getting on with our lives, thinking that it was just going to be the two of us. And that was never going to be a problem for us, cause we didn't get married all those years ago to just have babies we got married because we wanted to be together for the rest of our lives. 

Anyway, one day out of the blue we did get pregnant and now we have a beautiful 3 year old daughter, Stephanie. To us she is our Beautiful Gift from God. We have been truly blessed. 

So, all I can say to you is to stop trying and go back to enjoying your time with your hubby and just let nature take care of it's self. And if you are healthy then it will happen. And please relax and don't worry. Hope this has helped in some way, please TAKE CARE. LOVE KELLY. 

Easier said than done Kelly.   

I have been trying for three months with no success, but seeing everyone else with babies (including my sister-in-law who is pregnant), combined with my age, weight, my partner's low sperm count just add to the frustration and worry that it will just never happen - and we want children so badly.  It is just very hard to relax and just let nature take its course.  My biological clock doesn't have years left on it.  I just wish there was something we could do. 

January 24, 2006, 12:57 pm CST

Trying to get pregnant

For the last two years my husband and i have been trying to get pregnant weve tryed not trying and Im just geting so frusturated. I know I should go to the doc but Im scared Im 19 my husband and I got married when I was 16 and we are both so ready for this. Im scared that I cant have kids I dont know if being molested when I was little may have anything to do with it or not I would really like some addvise or something....

January 24, 2006, 1:00 pm CST

hope

Quote From: rainbow65

Hello, 

I am 41 this year and would still like to fall pregnant. Does anyone have any stories of falling pregnant and being over 40 years old? Were there any complications? I guess I need some hope. 

Thanks, Christine 

Hi My mom had my youngest brother when she was 43 and there wernt and complications... but she had 10 kids in all..... so I dont see why you shouldnt have hope

January 24, 2006, 1:05 pm CST

hmmm

Quote From: alissare17

my wife and i want to conceive badly.the problem is that my wife lives far from me in an other town.i don't know how serious this problem is.but i have many unanswered questions:should the baby(i want a baby-girl),once she comes,be with me or with my wife?i must precise,that my mother is willing to help in that matter,but if the would-be baby stays with me,that's mean she would mess the breast-feeding by her mother.. notice:im 29,my wife is 25 years old.i and my wife meet once every 15 days.please help me to reach a decision..thank you
I dont think having a baby is the best for the two of you right now I mean that child needs both parents all the time not just one....

January 26, 2006, 7:11 am CST

Wanting to concieve

Hello, I am new to this ... I just wondered if anyone has any input on this ... I really want to concieve, my husband and I have been married for 2 years and we have been togheter for almost 9, we generally get along, he's up for a promotion at work but we don't know anything for sure and are currently staying with my parents.. whom we get along with very well we plan on having our own place in the fall and we wanted to start trying for our first baby in feb/march, I am super scared and super excieted all at once.  I don't really have any close friends to talk to about this.. I was wondering if somone might beable to help me though this confusing time for me.  How do we get over our fears of pregnancy and jump in... I want us to have a baby, we are both at a point in our lives taht we what to share our love with a little one.  my clock is ticking... our families are supportive although we havn't told them we are going to try they are always asking when we are going to have a baby ... anyone have any feedback for me?  Thanks for your time God bless

January 26, 2006, 7:27 am CST

Just my opinion

Quote From: inlove86

For the last two years my husband and i have been trying to get pregnant weve tryed not trying and Im just geting so frusturated. I know I should go to the doc but Im scared Im 19 my husband and I got married when I was 16 and we are both so ready for this. Im scared that I cant have kids I dont know if being molested when I was little may have anything to do with it or not I would really like some addvise or something....
Well, I think you should try to relax, as easy as it is for me to say that I know it won't be easy for you ... My advice would be to seek medical treatment/advice.  NOT just because you are having difficulties concieving but for your personal health.  you should ask yourself if you are getting your period regularly , if I am remembering correctly, if you arn't getting your period, you arn't ovulating.. therefore you cannot become pregnant, it maybe be something simply but it could be something serious you should get it checked out!  Stress too can cause your body to act all freaky and you unwanting to or unknowingly could be sabotogeing your chances to concieve just because of your stress levels .   Best of luck to you and I hope you seek medical care!

January 27, 2006, 7:41 am CST

Getting Pregnant

Quote From: dmmackay

Hello, I am new to this ... I just wondered if anyone has any input on this ... I really want to concieve, my husband and I have been married for 2 years and we have been togheter for almost 9, we generally get along, he's up for a promotion at work but we don't know anything for sure and are currently staying with my parents.. whom we get along with very well we plan on having our own place in the fall and we wanted to start trying for our first baby in feb/march, I am super scared and super excieted all at once.  I don't really have any close friends to talk to about this.. I was wondering if somone might beable to help me though this confusing time for me.  How do we get over our fears of pregnancy and jump in... I want us to have a baby, we are both at a point in our lives taht we what to share our love with a little one.  my clock is ticking... our families are supportive although we havn't told them we are going to try they are always asking when we are going to have a baby ... anyone have any feedback for me?  Thanks for your time God bless
I dont have any kids, It sounds like were in almost the same boat my husband and I have been tryin for a while though... but we also live with my dad and we all get along great... I cant tell you not to be scared because Ive been trying for over two years and am still scared! lol but I think that now my usband and I are actually ready now. I dont think we were quiet ready when we thought we were but now were financialy ready too! It is confusing isint it! I know Im not to much help but I figure maybe talking with some one could help... both of us...  

January 27, 2006, 7:35 pm CST

Thanks for sharing

Quote From: inlove86

I dont have any kids, It sounds like were in almost the same boat my husband and I have been tryin for a while though... but we also live with my dad and we all get along great... I cant tell you not to be scared because Ive been trying for over two years and am still scared! lol but I think that now my usband and I are actually ready now. I dont think we were quiet ready when we thought we were but now were financialy ready too! It is confusing isint it! I know Im not to much help but I figure maybe talking with some one could help... both of us...  
Thanks for sharing with me.  it is confusing.  I am really glad you wrote me.  I was starting to think no one out there understood me.  So you have been trying for 2 years.  We havn't started to try yet.  I fear that  although our familys want us to have a baby ... (and we do too) they might be upset b/c we arn't 100% financially stable.  I mean we can afford a baby technically but we don't have our own place so that kinda makes it look bad.  My husband got news though of being placed in the managers training program at his work today .   So it was great to hear for me ... it makes me think more postiive about everything.  if all goes well he will be working as manager in the fall and if we start trying in march that would be great.  I Do however worry it may take a long time to get pregnant.  I am not sure though.  But I should get going it's gettting late here.  Take good care I don't know your name but thanks again!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last