Message Boards

Topic : MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Number of Replies: 2265
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, April 30, 2006, 05:01:28 pm
Author : inchesbgon
  • Congratulations for crossing the finish line in one of the most difficult journeys that you will face in your life! And now that you've crossed over from the 'darkside' you may be thinking, "What do I need to do to maintain my weight?"  You may feel like an awkward, lost puppy.  For so long now, whenever things got rough you summoned up your Willpower.  And your scales benefited from doing such.  But what now?  How much can you eat without gaining even an ounce of that unwanted weight back?
  •  When you get to your healthy target weight, what’s the best way to maintain it? It can be tough, well, here is the place for support.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 18, 2008, 10:15 pm CDT

/I was at the same weight Monday/

but I've eaten different foods than I usually do this week.  So I'm worried about what the scale will say Monday. 

I guess I'd better go to bed because tomorrow is church, and the choir is singing.  I lead the singing in church, and I'm in the choir.  So much for a day of rest.

:) Andiepie17

October 22, 2008, 6:06 pm CDT

/Happy Healthy Birthday--third year/

Happy Healthy Birthday!

This is the happy healthy birthday card I wrote to myself to celebrate reaching my goal weight on October 22, 2005. I’m taking Dr. Phil’s on becoming your own best friend seriously.

For October 22, 2005–Hi, Andrea! (Andiepie’s real name) Happy 2nd birthday (meaning a second birthday date)! Happy healthy birthday! This card celebrates your birth as a healthy person! Your blood pressure is down! Your Cholesterol is down! Your blood sugar is down! You feel better all over!

It hasn’t been easy for you, I know. It’s taken much longer than you thought it would. Slow is not a BAD thing because taking it off slowly means you’re much more likely to KEEP it off. You’ve tried the fast ways. DIDN’T work, did it!

There were times when you came home SO TIRED from work that you didn’t think you had any energy left for exercise. You did your One Minute Challenge minutes anyway! You found that when you started an aerobics video for just ten minutes, you usually finished it.

You know you eat much healthier than you did. You read labels now. If you shouldn’t eat it, you pretty much don’t take it home.

You’ve reached your goal now. How are you going to keep it off? You’ll keep doing the things that helped you lose the weight: daily exercise and eating healthy. This has become a life style for you now.

There’s NO REASON to let yourself get heavy again. Keep weighing once a week. Use the souped -up routines that helped you get to your goal if your weight should start to creep up. (Richard Simmons and Dr. Phil both recommend a five pound leeway.) Keep moving!

I’m proud of you! Love from Andrea (Your new best friend)

February 11, 2009, 8:15 pm CST

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Hello, is anyone around?

I wanted to stop in and try to get back on the boards for support.

I started weight watchers on Jan. 8/09  Well I kind of started. lol I was keeping track of points for the first 2 weeks, but I find I don't have time to keep track. I just follow Dr.Phils guide. And go weigh in once a week. Actually tomorrow is weigh in day.

I gained back about 30 lbs, but I'm going to lose it again. I don't like this extra weight.

Loosey

February 18, 2009, 9:55 am CST

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Quote From: inchesbgon

Hello, is anyone around?

I wanted to stop in and try to get back on the boards for support.

I started weight watchers on Jan. 8/09  Well I kind of started. lol I was keeping track of points for the first 2 weeks, but I find I don't have time to keep track. I just follow Dr.Phils guide. And go weigh in once a week. Actually tomorrow is weigh in day.

I gained back about 30 lbs, but I'm going to lose it again. I don't like this extra weight.

Loosey

Hey There girl......long time no see... lost your email addy......hope to  hear from you soon......i know you can do it....

Hugs LINd a

March 10, 2009, 9:38 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Quote From: kindlinda7

Hey There girl......long time no see... lost your email addy......hope to  hear from you soon......i know you can do it....

Hugs LINd a

Hi Linda,

I guess no one else is around anymore.

I just wanted to say I lost 8 lbs. I'm happy, only 10 lbs to go!

wooohoooo....

lol, probably talking to myself here...lol

First | Prev | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | Next Page | Last Page