Message Boards

Topic : MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Number of Replies: 2265
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, April 30, 2006, 05:01:28 pm
Author : inchesbgon
  • Congratulations for crossing the finish line in one of the most difficult journeys that you will face in your life! And now that you've crossed over from the 'darkside' you may be thinking, "What do I need to do to maintain my weight?"  You may feel like an awkward, lost puppy.  For so long now, whenever things got rough you summoned up your Willpower.  And your scales benefited from doing such.  But what now?  How much can you eat without gaining even an ounce of that unwanted weight back?
  •  When you get to your healthy target weight, what’s the best way to maintain it? It can be tough, well, here is the place for support.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 30, 2006, 5:06 pm CDT

New board

I am a 33 yr old mother of 5 children, I started the UWLS on Jan.8 2005 at 219 lbs, I've exceeded my goal of 150 and I am now 149. Maintaining is hard, for me anyways! It's still a struggle everyday, just like trying to lose. Everyone still needs support when maintaining their weight.  

If anyone needs help, this might be the place to start.  

Loosey 

April 30, 2006, 5:07 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Post your tips, hints, and recipes!  

Loosey 

April 30, 2006, 5:08 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

If you want you can post the type of exercise you do and your weight.  

Loosey 

April 30, 2006, 5:08 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

What are you doing to maintain your weight? 

Loosey 

April 30, 2006, 5:10 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Have to get this board started some how! lol 

Loosey 

April 30, 2006, 5:13 pm CDT

What I am doing to maintain.

Everyday is hard, well..not everyday, alot of days it is, some days are easier than others. But I still exercise, I eat less if I know I have a big meal planned or going out somewhere for a big meal. I still have my sweets, and most times, I eat in moderation. I'll have a few days where I just want to eat eat eat and then I'll get back on track. (hope I don't have to talk to myself for long!) lol 

How about you? 

Loosey 

April 30, 2006, 5:16 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

The secret to maintaining is to realize you can never go back to the old lifestyle you had before you lost the weight. 'It's important to keep up the eating rituals and food habits you used in phase 3. Continuing to plan your meals, carrying a piece of fruit in your bag and using the stairs instead of the elevator, are simple but effective post-diet tactics'.

April 30, 2006, 5:16 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

There was no MAINTAINING your WEIGHT Board, so I figured I better start one up! 

Loosey 

April 30, 2006, 5:18 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

With a little planning and a lot of determination you can successfully establish new, healthier eating habits on your own. As for temptations like crisps or chocolate, the key is self-control. 'You can reintroduce things, but make sure you do it in moderation. 'If you want a piece of cake, have a small portion. Don't deny yourself anything, but keep your eating under control and try to choose healthy alternatives for snacks, such as fruit or crispbread, erratic eating patterns are the main culprit for weight gain.

April 30, 2006, 5:20 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Exercising regularly is also imperative to maintaining weight loss. Not only will keeping physically active burn calories, but it also keeps your resting metabolic rate up, which means your body is working even while you are at rest. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last