Message Boards

Topic : The Best Baby Advice I Got

Number of Replies: 81
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:58:34 pm
Author : dataimport
Everyone's got advice when a baby's in tow. What's the best advice you've ever received?

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 27, 2005, 12:45 pm CDT

books

I am actually not a mother, but I have a toddler brother that is 20 years younger than me.  The best advice I have gotten is from Dr. Phil and Dr. Karp (Happiest Baby on the Block, Happiest Toddler on the Block).  I actually bought Family First because I am like a second mother to my brother.  I apply both Dr. Phil and Dr. Karp's advice and it works wonders. 

:o)

August 8, 2005, 8:45 pm CDT

Interesting!

Quote From: my_bubba

I am actually not a mother, but I have a toddler brother that is 20 years younger than me.  The best advice I have gotten is from Dr. Phil and Dr. Karp (Happiest Baby on the Block, Happiest Toddler on the Block).  I actually bought Family First because I am like a second mother to my brother.  I apply both Dr. Phil and Dr. Karp's advice and it works wonders. 

Never heard of the book!

October 11, 2005, 7:55 pm CDT

The Best Baby Advice I Got

The best baby advice I have received (and I have 2 bubs and a 7 y.o.) was to do what feels right for you and not to worry what everyone else is doing. There's too much to worry about already.

October 14, 2005, 11:05 am CDT

moms advice

I am the mother of a 7 month old. The best advice I recieved was to spend all the time with my baby that I can. The house can wait, the dishes whatever. He is already growing up so fast, I don't want to miss it because something else just had to be done. I have certain days for certain rooms and my husband helps out alot.

October 14, 2005, 11:07 am CDT

Quote From: angels3

The best baby advice I have received (and I have 2 bubs and a 7 y.o.) was to do what feels right for you and not to worry what everyone else is doing. There's too much to worry about already.
My mom told me that one, and it has worked wonders.

October 18, 2005, 5:24 am CDT

Quote From: my_bubba

I have not ever heard of that book. I am sure it is great, but take it from a real mother. There isnt a book in the world that will give you any advice that is worth a darn..... 

And my real advice.....Do not take in everything you read....No book will be able to teach you anything about being a mom. Not even the ones from real moms.  

November 4, 2005, 12:28 am CST

baby colic

I AM A GRANDMOTHER OF A NEW INFANT 1 MO OLD. MY DAUGHTER(MOTHER) IS HAVING A LOT OF TROUBLE DEALING WITH THE BABY COLIC, AND LACK OF SLEEP. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTONS? 

November 8, 2005, 10:39 pm CST

baby colic

Quote From: lpewagoner

I AM A GRANDMOTHER OF A NEW INFANT 1 MO OLD. MY DAUGHTER(MOTHER) IS HAVING A LOT OF TROUBLE DEALING WITH THE BABY COLIC, AND LACK OF SLEEP. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTONS? 
My nephew had colic for 3 months, trust me we all helped out in shifts!!! Anyway, the best thing we found that worked is to wrap a heating pad in a towel and lay it across their belly, then wrap them very snug in a blanket. PLEASE BE VERY CAUTIOUS WITH THE HEATING PAD!! It seemed like the warmer he was the better he felt......this may not work for everybody, but it definitly gave US some relief!!!!!

November 15, 2005, 4:32 pm CST

how i helped my 3 month old since birth with colic

I too have a new born she is now 3 months old. After she was born she would cry for hours no matter what we tried to do to comfort her. her pediatriction game me a can of Alimentum Advance with iron for colic and food allergies. It works great we have been using the same formula ever since and she nolonger cries because of an upset tummy or gas. it works great I recomend you ask your daughters pediatriction about it. my daughter sleeps through the night now.

November 16, 2005, 10:16 pm CST

baby colic

Quote From: kieara

I too have a new born she is now 3 months old. After she was born she would cry for hours no matter what we tried to do to comfort her. her pediatriction game me a can of Alimentum Advance with iron for colic and food allergies. It works great we have been using the same formula ever since and she nolonger cries because of an upset tummy or gas. it works great I recomend you ask your daughters pediatriction about it. my daughter sleeps through the night now.
Thank you for your advice. I have not heard of that formula but will check into it. Hope it works.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last