Message Boards

Topic : The Funny Things They Say and Do

Number of Replies: 142
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:58:56 pm
Author : dataimport
Did your child do or say something hilarious today? Chronicle it here!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 25, 2005, 5:32 pm CDT

The catapillar

My son and his sister (4&5) found a catapillar and brought it inside the house and was playing with it in his room. I made him take it back outside. They were by a tree watching it. I called them inside and my son came in barefoot and was huffing and puffing " I cant find my catapillar! I lost it outside"! He took another step in the door and yelled "YUK"! He picked his foot up and looked at the bottom of it and said": "my catapillar, I squished my catepillar"! He got a little embarassed and said: "I guess I'll have to find another one".

July 26, 2005, 1:29 pm CDT

Kids can be kids

My oldest daughter is 2 years old. I picked them up at the babysitter. I got a complain  from the baby sitter that she had thrown her little sister off a chair.  As I was getting her in the car seat she wanted some candy and I told her no because you misbehaved by hitting you sister and with a sigh she said no she did not hit her sister "I just THREW her off the chair so can I get a candy!"  Needless to say she got me but still didn't get the candy because she is not supposed to be doing that!

July 26, 2005, 6:20 pm CDT

Tattoos

My four year old son saw a someone with tattoos for the first time the other day.  He turned to me and said "Mommy isn't she worried that her mommy will yell at her when she gets home?"  I asked him for what? And he said "for writing and drawing all over herself!"

July 31, 2005, 12:36 pm CDT

Where is that pacifier?

Vacationing together with my son and his family and our daughter and her family, I was holding
my three month old granddaughter and stepping gingerly through the toys our 12 month old grandson was playing with at my feet.  Suddenly my granddaughter dropped the pacifier that was in her mouth and to my consternation I could not find it on the floor. I was enlisting help from my daughter in the room when she said, "Look!" and pointed to my grandson.  He had the baby's pacifier in his mouth.
He had obviously grabbed it immediately when it  hit the floor.  It was so funny.

August 4, 2005, 10:52 am CDT

3 year check-up

My daughter had her check up the other day. She went in hopped on the table and had a complete conversation with the nurse. I wish I had a video camera. Anyhow, they ask all the questions of who lives at home, animals, etc. The nurse asked my daughter if anyone smoked in our house she proudly said, "NO, but Harley poops inside, and it smells and is disgusting."

We all laughed and she went on with her conversation telling the nurse how my hubby goes to work, but comes home to sleep and then goes to work AGAIN!

SHe is excited now because she can go to school in September.

September 16, 2005, 6:19 pm CDT

The Big Yellow School Bus

My son who is in kindergarten this year and who also is a diabetic decided that he wanted to be a BIG BOY and finally ride the school bus home for the very first time in his life. He was so excited!! His nurse from school rode the bus with him since it was his first time. The nurse told me that as soon as he got on the bus and sat down he started crying. He cried and cried all the way home. He told the nurse that the kids were too loud for him and were giving him a headache. He continued to cry and looked up at his nurse and said: "this is NOT a TREAT"!!!! Needless to say, he does not want to EVER ride the school bus again and he wants to be a car rider. This is just too cute.

September 19, 2005, 1:31 pm CDT

septa buses

hey my son is 2 years old and he is obsessed with septa buses everytime he see's a bus he goes crazy and says "bus bus bus bus", and so on he says bus at least 100 times and jumps up and down. Now all of sudden if you ask him something he looks at you and points his one finger and says " wait a minute" so cute he is so cute........

September 19, 2005, 1:49 pm CDT

The Funny Things They Say and Do

Quote From: s_dixon

hey my son is 2 years old and he is obsessed with septa buses everytime he see's a bus he goes crazy and says "bus bus bus bus", and so on he says bus at least 100 times and jumps up and down. Now all of sudden if you ask him something he looks at you and points his one finger and says " wait a minute" so cute he is so cute........
My 4 year old actually does the same ting but it is the UPS truck that she gets excited about. it is becasue she knows they bring packages once in a while. She got overly excited when we were on vacation a couiple weeks ago and she saw a whole bunch of UPS trucks at the ware house, You would have thought she won a grand prize.

October 12, 2005, 10:11 am CDT

New baby brother

When I had my baby, my oldest (about 3 1/2 at the time) was watching me change his diaper for the first time, and she (having only a baby sister before him) said "Mommy, why does he have a finger coming out of his butt?"  Needless to say, that went in both of their baby books!!  Out of the mouths of babes.........(now almost 5, 2, and 1). 

October 18, 2005, 7:47 pm CDT

The Funny Things They Say and Do

Once, while driving, my wedding song came on the radio.  As soon as I mentioned to my passenger  that it was my wedding song, my 12 month old daughter in the backseat started smacking her lips to "give kisses".  I doubt it was intentional on her part, but is was sooo cute!!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last