Message Boards

Topic : Working Moms

Number of Replies: 83
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 01:41:00 pm
Author : dataimport
Do you work outside of the home? Share advice on juggling family and work with other moms in the workforce.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 12, 2008, 7:09 am CDT

Working Moms

Quote From: judypoody

Hey there.  I have never been on any of Dr Phils message boards although I have been on Oprahs from time to time.  Just had my third baby.... he is now 10 weeks old.  I have been married for 9 years and have another two sons, one who is 8 and one who is 4.  I just want to connect with other mums out there who also juggle working outside the home aswell.  I go back to work after Xmas and am dreading the thought as it was hard enough when I had two children.  If anyone out there has any good advice I would really appreciate it.  It will make the next few months easier to relax with my new baby instead of worrying!!!  I am mailing all the way from Scotland.... but if there is one thing every mum out there has in common, it is that it is the hardest job in the world.  Right? 
Hey, i am in a similar boat so to speak. I am married with a 5 year old daughter and 6 year old step son. I love them both very much. I too work. Actually I work 7 days a week at two jobs so that we can provide for our children. Good luck with everything!  This is def the hardest job out there.

July 12, 2008, 7:14 am CDT

I feel like I am a bad mother......

I need advice. I am currently reading Dr. Phil's Family First book and am loving it. I have a 5 year old daughter. Currently I am working 2 jobs, seven days a week. I see my family in the evenings after work. I am struggling to make the most of my time with her. But it is hard. I suffer from Depression pretty bad and am on medication for that. I feel that my daughter is acting out because of my lack of being home. I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place so to speak. I have to work to pay the bills and provide for her but at the same time feel that I am not there like I need to be. She is argueing with me a lot and not listening. Am I alone in this? It sure feels like it. I don't know what to do to make things better. We are financially strapped and can't afford to not work so much. I love my daughter but feel that I may resent her for things beyond her  or my control. I am very short with her and am quick to snap. I feel like I have no time to do the things with her that I want to. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to make the most of my time with her? Or basically how to be the mom that she needs and the mom that I used to be?

November 3, 2008, 7:15 am CST

Am I bad mother

I am a single mother of two 17 and 15. I relocated to Florida for a job with my boyfriend, I have been there four months my 17 year old moved with me my 15 year old stayed with his father. I have had an opportunity to go home to visit (1200 miles away) my son and have been here for a month. He wants me to stay here but I need to get back and now my 17 year old wants to stay with her father also. I have looked for jobs here but to no avail. The job market is horrible now and I have a job waiting for me. Am I a bad mother if I let both of my kids stay with their father and I go back to my job and boyfriend?

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next Page | Last Page