Message Boards

Topic : Bulimia

Number of Replies: 1236
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:31:53 pm
Author : dataimport
Break the awful cycle of binging and purging. If you or someone you love suffers from bulimia, share your story and get support here.

Eating Disorder Resources

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 23, 2005, 8:08 pm CDT

Bulimia

I have stuggled with an eating disorder since just before I turned 13 now i am 23 almost 24.  Sometime around then I remember doing things like sitting in the car so i could sweat that maybe I would lose some weight.  Then I just would not eat meals and exercise excessively.    At first it was anxerixia, then bulimia with some anorexia, after that it was bulimia (laxitives and throwing up both everyday) now it is more anorexia i would guess.  So anyway I don't know I am just so confused.  I am about to leave for college and well I was hoping something may have changed by now but for some reason i keep making all the wrong desision.

July 24, 2005, 11:35 am CDT

Too long

I have been bulimic for 18 years.  I go through cycles...sometimes not at all, and sometimes multiple times a day.  I'll spend so much money on drive thru fast food, wolf it down, and purge.  I've even stolen money from my stepdaughter when I've been out of cash just to get a "fix."  I want to stop, but honestly, every time I try I give up.  I'm afraid of telling anyone, including my therapist, because I don't want to have to go into a treatment center. 

July 24, 2005, 3:21 pm CDT

Bulimia

I have been bulimic for 18 years. I go through cycles...sometimes not at all, and sometimes multiple times a day. I'll spend so much money on drive thru fast food, wolf it down, and purge. I've even stolen money from my stepdaughter when I've been out of cash just to get a "fix." I want to stop, but honestly, every time I try I give up. I'm afraid of telling anyone, including my therapist, because I don't want to have to go into a treatment center.

So your therapist knows nothing about your bulimia?  It is scary to think you may have to go to a treatment center but they aren't the only way.  There are other things like how you are going to therapy now.  Don't you think if you discussed it with her that you may be able to have someone to help you or guide you along.  They don't always send you to treatment centers, sure there are some people that it would be best to go in a treatment center but well who says you need one.  I am sure your therapist would see how you two could work together in helping you overcome.  We are all overcomers it just sometimes seems to take a while to get there.  We have it in us to overcome but sometimes we need a good kick in the but to do it. 

hehe I sit here and say this to youknow that i need to remember it myself.  It is so hard to remember or think of exspecially when you can be soooooooooo confused and you don't know what you want.  ooooo and when you think what do I want and you can't figure do you well yeah i don't know LOL i am just babblin on it feels like LOL......  I mean I keep think to myself if i really want to get better then why haven't i done it and i get so angry...... ooooo i'll hush now LOL......  it seems like i can't really ever think of anything much different then this

July 25, 2005, 10:30 am CDT

New Therapist

I have been bulimic for 18 years. I go through cycles...sometimes not at all, and sometimes multiple times a day. I'll spend so much money on drive thru fast food, wolf it down, and purge. I've even stolen money from my stepdaughter when I've been out of cash just to get a "fix." I want to stop, but honestly, every time I try I give up. I'm afraid of telling anyone, including my therapist, because I don't want to have to go into a treatment center.

Hi Sunnymonkey,

I understand your pain.  I think you need a new Therapist, one who you can be upfront with and emotionally honest with.  Opening yourself up to another person can be really scary, however, if you really want to get better, to learn to love and respect your self, and feel that your are worth loving, you need to be able to be brutally honest with your therapist and he/she should not make you fell judged.  Also, therapy hurts emotionally sometimes and it should; it it does not hurt, then your therapist or you as a client are not doing your/their job.  You need to get at what is really eating you -- it may be that you are all about avoidance, especially when it comes to emotional stuff. Just one possible reason for the stuffing down of food, is the stuffing down of emotions.

--Anyways, when I was pregnant with my first child -- I had to think of someone else beside me, but afterwords it started again.  What finally made me stop altogether was that I did not want to transmit my distorted ways of eating along to my daughters.  It is a lot of work, every day. It is not just the nutritional stuff, but as I mentioned before it is the emotional stuff.

July 25, 2005, 10:36 am CDT

Bulimia

Hi Sunnymonkey,

I understand your pain. I think you need a new Therapist, one who you can be upfront with and emotionally honest with. Opening yourself up to another person can be really scary, however, if you really want to get better, to learn to love and respect your self, and feel that your are worth loving, you need to be able to be brutally honest with your therapist and he/she should not make you fell judged. Also, therapy hurts emotionally sometimes and it should; it it does not hurt, then your therapist or you as a client are not doing your/their job. You need to get at what is really eating you -- it may be that you are all about avoidance, especially when it comes to emotional stuff. Just one possible reason for the stuffing down of food, is the stuffing down of emotions.

--Anyways, when I was pregnant with my first child -- I had to think of someone else beside me, but afterwords it started again. What finally made me stop altogether was that I did not want to transmit my distorted ways of eating along to my daughters. It is a lot of work, every day. It is not just the nutritional stuff, but as I mentioned before it is the emotional stuff.

I was reading your message to this other person......  If you wouldn't have had your child to look after well ooooooo I don't know...... anyway grrrrrrr oooo never mind but i started this so i am not going to erase it now....  if i start the post i am going to post it (most of the time anyway)  what if you wouldn't have had a child to look after and care for and protect (if imust say it that way) from what you had faced......... i don't know how to ask what i am trying to ask........  did you ever just wish that you could disappear?  I am so proud of you by the way that you stopped!!!  how long has it been?

July 25, 2005, 6:31 pm CDT

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I feel sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo alone!!!!!!!!  errggggggg i wish oooooo i don' tknow what i wish but i do know i feel sooooooo alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 26, 2005, 12:30 pm CDT

hum de dum de dum

i guess that i will just come in here and talk to myself since no one else comes in her

so how are you today

ooo i don't know

why not

cause i don't

ooo i c why don't you know

cause i woke up this way

how'd you wake up

in a really bad mood

why

i don't know

do you want me to leave you alone

i thought you'd never ask!!!!

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

July 26, 2005, 5:13 pm CDT

What are you thinking?

Quote From: hisjewel

So your therapist knows nothing about your bulimia? It is scary to think you may have to go to a treatment center but they aren't the only way. There are other things like how you are going to therapy now. Don't you think if you discussed it with her that you may be able to have someone to help you or guide you along. They don't always send you to treatment centers, sure there are some people that it would be best to go in a treatment center but well who says you need one. I am sure your therapist would see how you two could work together in helping you overcome. We are all overcomers it just sometimes seems to take a while to get there. We have it in us to overcome but sometimes we need a good kick in the but to do it.

hehe I sit here and say this to youknow that i need to remember it myself. It is so hard to remember or think of exspecially when you can be soooooooooo confused and you don't know what you want. ooooo and when you think what do I want and you can't figure do you well yeah i don't know LOL i am just babblin on it feels like LOL...... I mean I keep think to myself if i really want to get better then why haven't i done it and i get so angry...... ooooo i'll hush now LOL...... it seems like i can't really ever think of anything much different then this

You may or may not know anything about eating disorders but let me give you the 411: Just relizeing that you have an eating problem is a big step i reliazy for the sound of it that youve had bulimia so if you have dont you think you should be a little mor helpful? i dont know maybe i read your message wrong but when i read it the first 3 times i didn't like the tone of the setting topic (your first sentence). ~Buffy~

July 26, 2005, 5:45 pm CDT

Bulimia

Quote From: mylilbox17

You may or may not know anything about eating disorders but let me give you the 411: Just relizeing that you have an eating problem is a big step i reliazy for the sound of it that youve had bulimia so if you have dont you think you should be a little mor helpful? i dont know maybe i read your message wrong but when i read it the first 3 times i didn't like the tone of the setting topic (your first sentence). Buffy

i really don't understand what you are talking about......... i really don't understand what you are saying at all...... sorry..........  maybe i should have just forgot it all together maybe i oooooo never mind..... i can't talk

July 26, 2005, 5:47 pm CDT

Bulimia

can't i disappear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last