Message Boards

Topic : Obesity

Number of Replies: 1371
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:33:24 pm
Author : dataimport
Obesity is a medical disorder that can be treated, but sometimes society doesn't look upon the obese with compassion. Find support and understanding here as you or those you love cope with obesity.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 28, 2005, 9:48 pm CDT

Repeating messages

Quote From: kissymouth

I have noticed that on the message boards alot of the messages are repeats. HOW COME?
I think what you might be referring to is a QUOTE feature that is available on our site.  If you click the "reply with quote" button it will show the original message above yours in a white box.  

September 7, 2005, 8:55 am CDT

hello to everyone

this is my first message.  i have put off for a long time doing this, but i need people to talk to that understands where i am coming from.  weight has always been an issue with me.  i am begining to see it is where i am in life and who im with that is the biggest problem and how to deal with that is my priorty.  i am a woman who weighs 294 pounds and i have not said that to anyone before.  that may be the start of healing my self.  i hope to be on line to read and share every day.  love and laughter to all.

September 10, 2005, 5:48 am CDT

lost in my own lil world

i wrote one letter already and i havent heard back. um not sure that neone is out there listenin. um fat um ugly n i don't know where to go from here. um sittin here all alone tonite after havin a few drinks n i don't exactly know if um comin or goin at this point. my father called me tonite and told me that he started drinkin again after hearin that if he ever took another drink ever that he may as well say good bye to his children. did that stop him? nooooo!!!! i am the youngest of eight children and daddy's baby at that and if he's gonna try and kill himself then i jus think there is jus no reason for me to stick around and watch. um no angel, believe me. but i don't wanna sit by and watch him kill himself. what do i do? please someone help..

September 10, 2005, 8:55 pm CDT

still fat

this is my first time writeing here  

i really need a friend who is going throug what i am  

being 290 pounds is so hard  

i have really good days and then really bad  

i have finally got myself to diet soda and that was hard  

is there anyone who would like to be my partner   

each day is a struggle   

my email is paville3@hotmail.com  

sherinpa  

September 10, 2005, 8:57 pm CDT

hi

Quote From: sophia47

this is my first message.  i have put off for a long time doing this, but i need people to talk to that understands where i am coming from.  weight has always been an issue with me.  i am begining to see it is where i am in life and who im with that is the biggest problem and how to deal with that is my priorty.  i am a woman who weighs 294 pounds and i have not said that to anyone before.  that may be the start of healing my self.  i hope to be on line to read and share every day.  love and laughter to all.

i would love to chat with you about weight  

it is a struggle for me everyday  

if you would like to chat my email is  

paville3@hotmail.com  

hope tp here from you  

sher in pa  

September 12, 2005, 1:37 pm CDT

Contant struggle

Hello Everyone:  This is my first post in about a year.  I and some friends had started a Dr.Phil Weight Loss Solutions group last September 2004, but have since stopped meeting.  We really enjoyed meeting and were beginning to accomplish things.  Until I got really sick.  We haven't met in over 6 months and I really miss it.  We use to meet once a week and talk about the book and the difficulties we were having.  Talk about out successes and what works for us.  I would love to get the group going again and stick to the book.  I have, since the group finished gained about 35 lbs.  I need someone other than myself to be acountable to.  I am looking for some people in Prince George, BC who might be interested in joining a weight loss solutions group.  I know this can work for anyone who truly is ready for it.  I know that I need the group support to follow through.  I can get to the gym, I can eat well, I just need someone other than myself to be accountable to.  I know that we can form great friendships.  If anyone is interested please email me.  nannahtopaige@yahoo.com

September 13, 2005, 4:28 pm CDT

Hi Ya!!!!!

Hi everyone. I haven't posted for a while. But anyone who wants to talk or moral support can email me at mobiushellafax@yahoo.com Personally Dr Phils weight loss solution is working for me and I'm absolutely ecstatic. I feel alot healthier and lighter. :)

September 14, 2005, 6:29 pm CDT

I lost 42 lbs in four months

I lost forty-two pounds in four months and have hit a plain.I can not seem to get past this one weight.What is Dr Phil way?I am new to this sight.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

September 14, 2005, 10:09 pm CDT

still sighting food addiction

i am post gastric bypass i once weighed 350 i am now down to 172 i have been fighting obesity sonce a young child. i have some to terms that its not just weight it is an addictsion. i was and still am addicted to food, even though i had gastric bypass i still think of food constantly. i feel that a support person/group an dprofessional help is much neeed in my situation and think some others coul dbenefit from it. the reson im posting this is because i feel that when you los the weight no matter whater what it will always be a battle and you need some kind of support system in place. just my input....

September 19, 2005, 9:00 am CDT

I wish people knew what it was like...

I wish people knew what it was like to be obese.  That is it...I am fat. I don't know why my body insists on eating.  My stomach doesn't say "hungry". It is my taste buds that scream " Food" !  So I feel that I am eating for mental reasons rather than physicall hunger.  What do we do? It is a constant battle. We eat because we are fat and people make fun of us which makes you more hungry and depressed.  I don't just sit down and pig out on a box of donuts everymorning. Matter of fact..I am a diabetic because of my weight.  I very rarely eat a candy bar, but when I buy one, I feel like the whole world is watching and thinking, "That fat person is eating Candy !!!". the guilt is so strong.  I can't enjoy a good treat without thinking.   I know that I shouldn't care about what people think, but you know what....I do. I want people to like me. I want to have friends.  When you must go a life of ridicule and no friends, ( true friends),  you see how important it is to have a friend.   I am a good person.   I wish people knew what it was like to have people pay more attention to weight than who you are. I have yet to find someone to agree. Maybe I am wrong, but I think not. Everybody needs a friend. I just don't have one. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last