Message Boards

Topic : General Advice

Number of Replies: 584
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 04:42:49 pm
Author : dataimport
Share advice and support with other parents of infants and toddlers.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 25, 2009, 10:05 am CDT

the mother in law

my daughter and sons father are not the same. And although that had never been a problem before my son was born it definetly is a problem now. My mother in law treats my daughter like a kid off the street . It is to the point now that ,y four year old daughter does not feel like being here at home with me anymore because she says " i dont think they like me here, not like jonah" what is that and i made metion of it before and nothing has changed ... What should i do ... Also the mother in law makes most the decisions in my sons life because his father lets her and see's nothing wrong with it .. I have told him i have cried and nothing has worked any advice??

June 25, 2009, 10:09 am CDT

Leave

Quote From: sck2008

I dont know what to do, he will say "shut the fu** up" *fu**in brat". He said she needs to learn her place...what should I do????? Please help.
No one should say anything like that and i know you love this man but honestly she needs to know her place she is 9 months old she cant possiably know that ... what is wrong with this man ... seriously you need to take your daughter to a safe place before she ends up on the news as one of those babies who's father beat her to death cause she wouldent stop crying if she is only 9 months the tantrums havent even started this man has no need for a child and you as her mother are the only one who can save her from all that could be in store .

July 15, 2009, 11:14 am CDT

2 1/2 year old son being bullied

Seems whenever my son and I go out son the other kids like to bully him, 1 kid in particular and I am just not sure of how to handle the situation and what is appropriate to say to the mom or not. Any advice? My son has started coming in the house and being mean to myself and his toys reinacting how the other kids treat him by hitting, pushing and yelling. It is so hard to see his little personality change.

August 21, 2009, 9:16 am CDT

General Advice

Dr Phil,

My daughter and her friend teach their 2 year old boys to kiss each other on the mouth when

saying good-bye.  My husband thinks this should be discouraged.  What is your opinion

this subject?  What is considered healthy affection between toddlers. 

First | Prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | Next Page | Last Page