Message Boards

Topic : 09/04 More Feuding In-Laws

Number of Replies: 55
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 03:51:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It's the invasion of the in-laws! Despite an intervention by Dr. Phil, a couple and their respective mothers still struggle to get along. See how Ernie and Kerry are doing, and what happens when their moms agree to set their differences aside and meet for coffee. Since the last show, Kerry says her relationship with her mother-in-law has never been better! Unfortunately, her relationship with her own mother has never been worse. Plus, Alaina and Ray are married with two children, and they all live with Ray's mother, Eda. The two women are constantly at each other's throats. Is this family too close for comfort? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 2, 2006, 3:18 am CDT

More fueding in- laws

About the couple Alaina and Ray living with Ray's mother.  I all have to say is...."WELL DUH"!  It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure this one out. 

September 2, 2006, 6:05 am CDT

Mothers-In-Law

Since when does anyone think that people can get along if all parties in the quastion are not adults?............Surprise

September 2, 2006, 6:31 am CDT

will the show be on?

I am looking forward on the update. But, what about the Jerry Lewis MD telethon?

When will we get to see the show?

September 2, 2006, 10:59 am CDT

the sept.4 th show

Quote From: nikki837

I am looking forward on the update. But, what about the Jerry Lewis MD telethon?

When will we get to see the show?

My TV  station is showing a tennis tournement & the Jerry Lewis telethon in on another channel.

I e-mailed my station & asked when the Sept 4th show of Dr. Phil would be aired and I haven't heard back from them.

This is one follow up I really want to see !!!!! 

September 2, 2006, 11:21 am CDT

INLAWS!!!!!

I waited forty five years to get married. Coming from a small family I was exceited about the prospect of marring into a large family, which by the way live a mile from me. I have never in my life seen what has happened since our wedding, my husbands grown children have treated me with such hatedred it is beyond anything I could have imagined. My husbands mother,sister-in-law-,brother, sister her husband have be so despicable I wanted a divorce four months after the marriage, just to get away from the venom of the family. They may have one in-law as a problem, I have them all. You know it's wonderful, when you actually have a file in your desk filled with hate mail from the family accussing you of things that are so outlandish you almost have to laugh. I no longer see any of them, which is very sad, any advise out there to help this situation let me know.!!

September 2, 2006, 11:23 am CDT

Same in my area

Quote From: searria

About the couple Alaina and Ray living with Ray's mother.  I all have to say is...."WELL DUH"!  It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure this one out. 
I want to see this show too and since it is Labor Day, I'm afraid it won't be shown in my area

September 2, 2006, 12:26 pm CDT

Elaina and Eda

Quit arguing in front of the children.  And get your own place if you can't get along. 

September 2, 2006, 12:40 pm CDT

09/04 More Feuding In-Laws

can't wait to see that one...Did you notice that in situation like that,men have nothing to say...it's always the women who are at it and at fault...may be men can put their pants on and cut the umbilical cord with their moms,it will be a lot better for everyone involve.They don't want to let go and move on...As far as i am concerned,they aren't MEN just mom's little boy...

September 2, 2006, 1:53 pm CDT

MORE FEUDING INLAWS

Quote From: hehage

I waited forty five years to get married. Coming from a small family I was exceited about the prospect of marring into a large family, which by the way live a mile from me. I have never in my life seen what has happened since our wedding, my husbands grown children have treated me with such hatedred it is beyond anything I could have imagined. My husbands mother,sister-in-law-,brother, sister her husband have be so despicable I wanted a divorce four months after the marriage, just to get away from the venom of the family. They may have one in-law as a problem, I have them all. You know it's wonderful, when you actually have a file in your desk filled with hate mail from the family accussing you of things that are so outlandish you almost have to laugh. I no longer see any of them, which is very sad, any advise out there to help this situation let me know.!!

My husband and I have been married 22 years.  He comes from a family of 8, 2 boys and 6 girls.  All of the girls are so unhealthy in their relationship with thie mother and the emeshment in this family is so deep, that one does nota make a move or decision without the others (incluidng the mother).  i AM fortunate, in that as the only daughter-n-law I have a husband who came through all of the dysfunction, and is a strong and healthy man, he made it clear from the start of our relationship to his meddling sisters and others that "we are non of hier business".  They do however make attempts to make our lives thier business, but we are a team, and have thick boundaries and are firm in setting them and allowing them to be crossed.  Yes, this has caused alot of tension and strife in his family, but we keep that outside of our home and do not allow it in come into our home,  i (we) also have been accused of some pretty horrible (laughable) things, but it is all in how a coulple cmes together and supports one anoher  as a team and does not allow that crap to come into thier lives.  We see his fsamily from time to time, we live within a 25 mile radious, but we do noit socialize, visit, and do holidays together, it is just too much drama, we keep things, simple and basic with them .  We have a rule, nothing in our home leaves our home to share with others.  We recently attended a funeral of my husbands Aunt and one of her children stood up to talk and she said that one lesson she had learned from her motehr was this she said,  "My mother always told us growing up, to remember that there is "family", and then there are relatives".... hmmmmm... that gives one alot to pause and ponder...

September 2, 2006, 2:07 pm CDT

09/04 More Feuding In-Laws

I just can't understand why adults can't get along, do they have to pick and nag about everything? In life we have to give and take, I married into a family of nine children and all the in-laws get along great!  It just so much fun to be around them, I have no family, so they are a blessing to me.  I took care of my in-laws until they passed away.  Sure it was hard at times, but they were always so good to me. These two mother-in-laws that are to be on mondays show are pure evil.  As for tuesdays show, if they don't like living with their mother-in-law, why don't they move?  After all its her home!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last