Message Boards

Topic : How Plastic Surgery Has Changed My Life

Number of Replies: 138
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 04:57:56 pm
Author : dataimport
Has plastic surgery changed your life for the better, made it worse, or not changed it at all? Share your stories here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 23, 2005, 6:55 pm CDT

How Plastic Surgery Has Changed My Life

I'd say it has changed my life for the better.  I'm much more confident than I ever was.  I am wearing tank tops for the first time since I was a child.  I wear them all the time now.  But then I had plastic surgery after a gastric bypass so it's a combination of weight loss and surgery to remove excess skin.  I'm having the time of my life.  It's not about dating but having the freedom to just be comfortable in my own skin (albeit altered by a doctor). 

July 29, 2005, 1:35 am CDT

Choosing myself first.

I recently had a tummy tuck in Los Angeles, and it was the first time I had ever done something just for myself, because I wanted it for me.  I have no regrets at all, and feel better about myself physically than I ever have.  My doctor told me he had never seen someone heal so fast, and he said it was because of my positive attitude, which made my day.  I had never experienced the feeling of doing something just for myself, and feeling so good after I had done it!!  It does not mean I will become self-centered and only out for myself from now on.  No way.  But it is something that all of us can, and should, experience in our lives, rather than giving our lives away to others, without ever knowing what we could become if we treated ourselves with a little kindness sometimes.  The tummy tuck made it a reality for me.  I hope someone else will take these words to heart, and let their life be better by putting themselves first for once.  Thanks for listening.

August 22, 2005, 7:19 pm CDT

i want to do it too

Quote From: escimone6

I recently had a tummy tuck in Los Angeles, and it was the first time I had ever done something just for myself, because I wanted it for me.  I have no regrets at all, and feel better about myself physically than I ever have.  My doctor told me he had never seen someone heal so fast, and he said it was because of my positive attitude, which made my day.  I had never experienced the feeling of doing something just for myself, and feeling so good after I had done it!!  It does not mean I will become self-centered and only out for myself from now on.  No way.  But it is something that all of us can, and should, experience in our lives, rather than giving our lives away to others, without ever knowing what we could become if we treated ourselves with a little kindness sometimes.  The tummy tuck made it a reality for me.  I hope someone else will take these words to heart, and let their life be better by putting themselves first for once.  Thanks for listening.

i would like to do the plastic surgery first take all the fat and then remove the skin hanging down. I  have lost over 50kg i got some skin hanging doen already but the problem is i don't have enought money to do it where can i can get some help. 

yours in islam 

rashid 

mahmood 

August 22, 2005, 7:56 pm CDT

where to get help.

Quote From: escimone6

Let me now as soon as possible where can i get some help here is my email: 

rashid22rashid@netscape.net 

September 14, 2005, 5:45 am CDT

no regrets

I had a breast reduction years ago (in my twenties), and a tummy tuck more recently (in my thirties).    

Even with a slight complication with the tummy tuck, which required an additional week off work, I would do it again in an instant. I would support any family member or friend who wanted the same procedures for the same (or similar) reasons.    

For me, both procedures improved my self esteem, and made me more confident about myself and my appearance.    

September 14, 2005, 8:37 am CDT

Tummy Tuck

I had a tummy tuck nearly two years ago.  I wouldn't say it changed my life.  It did what I expected and wanted...give me the flat stomach I had before children.   

I had the surgery because I have worked out for years, after having my children, and I just couldn't get rid of the c-section pouch... or flab.  Would I do it again?  Without question.  I really feel it is one of the best things I have ever done for myself, and undoubtedly, the most selfish.  However, if I only do one selfish thing in my lifetime, I think this isn't a bad thing.   

I don't believe in plastic surgery because a person thinks it will completely change their life.  I really feel anyone doing this should have already exhausted all other options, paying attention to the reasons behind the desire for the change.  It isn't a quick fix.  To maintain the results, you really do have to committ yourself to a lifestyle change.  Having said that, I would encourage anyone contemplating surgery to go for it, if it's for the right reasons.  I have no regrets! 

September 14, 2005, 8:41 am CDT

Financing

Quote From: rashid12

i would like to do the plastic surgery first take all the fat and then remove the skin hanging down. I  have lost over 50kg i got some skin hanging doen already but the problem is i don't have enought money to do it where can i can get some help. 

yours in islam 

rashid 

mahmood 

Most plastic surgeons offer financing options of sorts.  I would recommend checking with the practioner's office staff.  Otherwise, do what I did.  I saved for a year before I had the surgery.  It wasn't easy, but it felt pretty good to walk in and pay cash.

September 14, 2005, 8:44 pm CDT

How Plastic Surgery Has Changed My Life

Quote From: chloe7777

I had a tummy tuck nearly two years ago.  I wouldn't say it changed my life.  It did what I expected and wanted...give me the flat stomach I had before children.   

I had the surgery because I have worked out for years, after having my children, and I just couldn't get rid of the c-section pouch... or flab.  Would I do it again?  Without question.  I really feel it is one of the best things I have ever done for myself, and undoubtedly, the most selfish.  However, if I only do one selfish thing in my lifetime, I think this isn't a bad thing.   

I don't believe in plastic surgery because a person thinks it will completely change their life.  I really feel anyone doing this should have already exhausted all other options, paying attention to the reasons behind the desire for the change.  It isn't a quick fix.  To maintain the results, you really do have to committ yourself to a lifestyle change.  Having said that, I would encourage anyone contemplating surgery to go for it, if it's for the right reasons.  I have no regrets! 

I'm so glad to hear of your postive result.  My tummy tuck takes place in about 3 weeks.  I also did the exercise thing and still am, lost 45 lbs and am very happy with those results.  I'm looking for more comfort in clothes, especially jeans.  Thanks 

October 9, 2005, 3:59 pm CDT

Plastic Surgery Outside the US

Hi all,  

I just wanted to share my story.  

I always wanted a tummy tuck.  My tummy was disasterous (you'll see pics below). 

ANyway, when I finally got the coarage to researcha tummy tuck, I was quoted an average of $18,000 for the tummy tuc procedure i wanted.  

I was heartbroken.  Wanting this procedure very bad, I decided to look into going south of the border for cosmetic surgery.  

I gound a plastic surgeon in Mexico who agreed to do my procedure for $5000.  He even included full body lipo, and a little fat injections to my belhind.  

Here are my pics: http://www.plasticsurgeryjourneys.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10006/1yearcomp_copy.jpg 

See why Im so happy?  

Plastic surgery outside the US is not for everyone.  For me it was a safe, and cost-saving alternative to PS in the US.   

If anyone wants to look into this, I did most of my research on www.plasticsurgeryjourneys.com 

If you want to have PS, don't get discouraged because of money, where there is a will there is a way! 

October 10, 2005, 11:39 am CDT

Surgery for Tummy Tuck Set for 11/11

Looking forward to my upcoming surgery......not expecting a miracle......just want my pants to fit around the waist without the "muffin roll".......!!!! 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last