Message Boards

Topic : Abuse

Number of Replies: 27088
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 04:59:59 pm
Author : dataimport

Please join us on the new Abuse Support message board: Click Here

If you believe you need immediate assistance, please call your local emergency number or crisis hotline listed in your local phone book's government pages. You can also find more help on our General and Mental Health Resources and Domestic Violence Resources pages.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 30, 2009, 11:22 am CDT

You gals are amazing ...

You gals are amazing.

Checking in for now, I am. 

Miss all of you, and wish I could resume posting.

It's not meant to be for a while.

Please know I care.

Continue on, together, keep the board  "a buzz."

Remain safe.

I care, so very much.

Take care.

Love,

"P"

August 30, 2009, 12:26 pm CDT

Thanks

Quote From: 4bacon

You did the best possible thing for yourself...come here to the board where you can be validated and be safe.  Vent away here.....not in public with someone who does not have your best interest.  We will support you and help you to grow beyond this situation.   

Of course your co-worker is mean spirited and most unkind.  You are better than that and now you need to get some restraint in this area.  Consider the source!!!!!  This women knows your H was unfaithful to you for (5) years and she was the cause!!!  Come On!  By allowing her to get under your skin sends a message that you care what she thinks.  NOT!!!  Good girl has the right idea....I would take it a step further....I would not even acknowledge she existed.  I would not give one minute of my time to her.  You need to ask yourself some very insightful questions.  Why do you care what she thinks????   What bearing does she have on your serenity?  How can she help you to be the best person you are intended to be?  Or, will you allow her to drag you down to her level.  Think about it.

Learning to hang on to your power within any relationship is difficult when you have a pattern of giving it away.  She is a very small part of your world and if you don't allow her into your world than you can remain in control of you.  Just as abuse is a learned behavior, so is staying in control of your own space and boundaries.  You can do this....you can get past this....you are sooooooo much better than she could ever be.  See it for what it is....she is just another notch on H belt...nothing more, nothing less.  And, never will be until she gets some insight as to why she settles for so little.  Set your sights high - aim for the stars, you deserve it.

I Really Care

Very Irish

Thanks for the support Irish and Goodgrl.  It did feel good to be able to come here and vent about it.

The whole thing blindsided me but after a couple of hours I was able to shrug it off and consider the source.  The hardest part was hearing my dear coworker friend describe her in such positive terms.  I did stoop low enough to set that straight, but I didn't even tell H about the incident because a: that is what she wanted afterall, isn't it, and b) he would've probably just defended her by saying maybe she was feeling guilty and trying to be nice, and that would have just ticked me off further.   So, I am letting it go and know that some day she will get hers, not from me but from the powers that be!

In the meantime, I press on taking one day at a time.

Hope everyone else is doing well. 

August 31, 2009, 3:22 am CDT

HI PLEASANCE

Quote From: Pleasance

You gals are amazing.

Checking in for now, I am. 

Miss all of you, and wish I could resume posting.

It's not meant to be for a while.

Please know I care.

Continue on, together, keep the board  "a buzz."

Remain safe.

I care, so very much.

Take care.

Love,

"P"

MISSING YOU and Hope you will be back soon!

I will Keep you in MY THOUGHTS and PRAYERS!

Bella Angel (((HUGS)))

August 31, 2009, 8:20 am CDT

Thank you very much to ALL

Quote From: angel111999

MISSING YOU and Hope you will be back soon!

I will Keep you in MY THOUGHTS and PRAYERS!

Bella Angel (((HUGS)))

Thanking you so very much.

Good thoughts and PRAYERS are especially needed.

I am indebted and will eventually pass it forward.

For right now, I am in need and beholden.

I care.

Take care,

Pleasance 

August 31, 2009, 2:36 pm CDT

I AM HERE FOR YOU PLEASANCE

Quote From: Pleasance

Thanking you so very much.

Good thoughts and PRAYERS are especially needed.

I am indebted and will eventually pass it forward.

For right now, I am in need and beholden.

I care.

Take care,

Pleasance 

I am Hopeful that There will be Better Days Ahead For You!

I am a message away if you need Moral Support!

Bella Angel (((HUGS)))

September 2, 2009, 4:57 pm CDT

Abuse

Quote From: angel111999

I am Hopeful that There will be Better Days Ahead For You!

I am a message away if you need Moral Support!

Bella Angel (((HUGS)))

Testing to see if we can still post here....LOL

Looks like it..............

September 3, 2009, 6:50 am CDT

Good grief Dr. Phil, Moderators and Tech Help !!!!!

Good grief Dr. Phil, Moderators, and Tech Help !!!!!

I can't seem to get here from there!  I have no idea what the formula is for getting here to these most valuable OLD message boards.  ?  However, I am here , but I came in around robin's barn !  (lol)

Please tell us what the direct route is?

We need to keep these boards active and operational.

The new boards are not really successful for the ongoing dialog that is necessary and that which will keep the community of posters engaged.

YOU will note that the new boards have not been very active over the last year and the community at large, the on- going posters and community members have posed opposition in the past. Thusly the activity has dropped off over time substantially.....note activity levels, even on the  message boards for the shows.

The new boards are NOT what YOUR COMMUNITY OF FAITHFUL POSTERS WANT.

Just some comments from a longtime faithful poster of many, many years.

:Looking forward to your new season of shows, resources, and of course your great staff 's work, diligence and support.

YOU HAVE MANY GOOD, GREAT THINGS GOING ON !

Thank you yet again for your support..... and lending an ear.

Pleasance

September 3, 2009, 7:01 am CDT

When Dad Hurts Mom --- Lundy Bancroft

• When Dad Hurts Mom --- Lundy Bancroft

KEY ELEMENTS OF CHILDREN'S HEALING

• A close relationship with their mother (regardless of the child's age or sex)
  • Safety
  • Good relationships with siblings
  • Connection to other loved ones, to peers, to self, and to creation
  • Opportunities to talk about events and express feelings
  • Opportunities to release distressing feelings
  • Good information about Abuse

First | Prev | 2704 | 2705 | 2706 | 2707 | 2708 | 2709 | Next Page | Last Page