Message Boards

Topic : Abuse

Number of Replies: 27088
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 04:59:59 pm
Author : dataimport

Please join us on the new Abuse Support message board: Click Here

If you believe you need immediate assistance, please call your local emergency number or crisis hotline listed in your local phone book's government pages. You can also find more help on our General and Mental Health Resources and Domestic Violence Resources pages.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 22, 2005, 9:56 pm CDT

I've missed this board!!!!

Hi everyone,

We are finally back, I cannot believe how much I relied on this board.  My log-on name is new so nobody is going to know who I am.  Sorry about that, but my old one made it easy to identify me and that's what happened unfortunately.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what is happening with everyone and I hope everyone is doing well. 

Love Sunshine xxx

July 23, 2005, 8:13 am CDT

Hello again everyone!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

We are finally back, I cannot believe how much I relied on this board. My log-on name is new so nobody is going to know who I am. Sorry about that, but my old one made it easy to identify me and that's what happened unfortunately.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what is happening with everyone and I hope everyone is doing well.

Love Sunshine xxx

So nice to be back!  I was gone for a short time & all of a sudden I COULDN'T post any longer for a while! 

Hey Sunshine!  I bet I know who you are!!  I assume we will all have to sign up again.  I have chosen a new name so close to my old user name that I'm sure everyone will know who I am. 

I'm doing wonderful!  Hope you are too!  I've been thinking a lot about you & everyone else here!  Hope we can find Q again!!!  She is the official abuse board angel!!!  I think everyone would agree with me on that one!!! 

I have a job at the Hair Cuttery nearby & I'm doing hair in my new, just finished mini-salon too!!!  It feels SO good to have money coming in once again & not feel like I'm drowning financially!  Waiting to take my last State Board Test on August 9 & then all the plans I laid out for myself last year will be completed!!!  

Hard to believe that my life has changed so much since that day I declared myself a survivor of abuse!  I think I knew it all along but was in denial.  I didn't want to admit it - didn't want to bring it out in the open - because I knew what I would have to do if I did!!!  Now I'm glad I decided to go through with everything - have a much more peaceful & free life now!  It took a year & a half of having my life upside down to finally be where I am!  It wasn't easy but it was worth it!  We only live once!!!  God Bless - LS  >^.^< 

July 23, 2005, 2:31 pm CDT

Hi LS

So nice to be back! I was gone for a short time & all of a sudden I COULDN'T post any longer for a while!

Hey Sunshine! I bet I know who you are!! I assume we will all have to sign up again. I have chosen a new name so close to my old user name that I'm sure everyone will know who I am.

I'm doing wonderful! Hope you are too! I've been thinking a lot about you & everyone else here! Hope we can find Q again!!! She is the official abuse board angel!!! I think everyone would agree with me on that one!!!

I have a job at the Hair Cuttery nearby & I'm doing hair in my new, just finished mini-salon too!!! It feels SO good to have money coming in once again & not feel like I'm drowning financially! Waiting to take my last State Board Test on August 9 & then all the plans I laid out for myself last year will be completed!!!

Hard to believe that my life has changed so much since that day I declared myself a survivorof abuse! I think I knew it all alongbut was in denial. I didn't want to admit it - didn't want to bring it out in the open - because I knew what I would have to do if I did!!! Now I'm glad I decided to go through with everything - have a much more peaceful& free life now! It took a year & a half of having my life upside down to finally be where I am! It wasn't easy but it was worth it! We only live once!!! God Bless - LS >.

July 23, 2005, 2:40 pm CDT

Hi LS

So nice to be back! I was gone for a short time & all of a sudden I COULDN'T post any longer for a while!

Hey Sunshine! I bet I know who you are!! I assume we will all have to sign up again. I have chosen a new name so close to my old user name that I'm sure everyone will know who I am.

I'm doing wonderful! Hope you are too! I've been thinking a lot about you & everyone else here! Hope we can find Q again!!! She is the official abuse board angel!!! I think everyone would agree with me on that one!!!

I have a job at the Hair Cuttery nearby & I'm doing hair in my new, just finished mini-salon too!!! It feels SO good to have money coming in once again & not feel like I'm drowning financially! Waiting to take my last State Board Test on August 9 & then all the plans I laid out for myself last year will be completed!!!

Hard to believe that my life has changed so much since that day I declared myself a survivorof abuse! I think I knew it all alongbut was in denial. I didn't want to admit it - didn't want to bring it out in the open - because I knew what I would have to do if I did!!! Now I'm glad I decided to go through with everything - have a much more peaceful& free life now! It took a year & a half of having my life upside down to finally be where I am! It wasn't easy but it was worth it! We only live once!!! God Bless - LS >.

July 23, 2005, 3:15 pm CDT

Sorry for clogging the board

Hi there, I have been trying to reply with quote to LS but for some reason it is only leaving the quote and not my response.  Which is really frustrating cos I wrote about what is happening in my life and I really didn't want to have to post it all again.  But oh-well, these things happen.  Please let me know if anyone else has trouble with the reply with quote section.  I will let the moderator know also.

This time I am just posting a message and seeing if it works.  Thanks for your response LS, I will post again soon, once I figure out what I'm doing.  xxx  Sunshine

July 23, 2005, 3:17 pm CDT

Just testing - last time - I promise

Hi there, I have been trying to reply with quote to LS but for some reason it is only leaving the quote and not my response. Which is really frustrating cos I wrote about what is happening in my life and I really didn't want to have to post it all again. But oh-well, these things happen. Please let me know if anyone else has trouble with the reply with quote section. I will let the moderator know also.

This time I am just posting a message and seeing if it works. Thanks for your response LS, I will post again soon, once I figure out what I'm doing. xxx Sunshine

Just seeing if it works this time, hope everyone is doing well.  xxx

July 24, 2005, 1:33 am CDT

Hi Everyone

Had a hard time finding this -- with all the changes. Now if I can just get use to the new look on here. LOL

Want to give my best to QQ and everyone.

Have missed you all so much.

I have been away from the board for quite a while -- So am looking forward to finding out how everyone is doing now.

Huggs, Purrs, Barks God Bless Cybil

July 24, 2005, 7:50 am CDT

Where did I go

Hi everyone. this is my first time here and I am very glad that I have found this message board. I have never said this to anyone or out-loud or even wrote it on paper but I am abused..I guess it falls under emotional or mental.. I don't even know. what I do know is that it is destroying me as a person. I have seen myself change so much, I am not who I used to be. I am not who I want to be. I just am now, Like a shell of a person, with not much feeling b/c I have turned myself off to others and even myself. i have been with this person for 11 years and married for 3 we have 2 children, and a nice home. I have found over the years that we argue about the same things over and over, He always brings up the past, I am the one who is always wrong, and he wont stop till I admit that.. the last argument we had left me feeling empty. very empty, and I don't know who to turn to, I don't want to involve my family , most of my friends are to judgmental, I want to start therapy, and I am scared that he wont go b/c he doesn't think he has a problem... so sry for rambling, but I just have to get this all out. It eating me alive inside. I hate how I feel, I have trouble functioning some days, b/c I'm consumed with disappointment and fear and worry, how do I make this work and get our life's back on track. How do I find me????

July 24, 2005, 1:37 pm CDT

Need some advice

I have been married for 6 years to my wonderful and beutiful wife we have 10 mos old daughter and i seem to be a controlling husband and  I dont want to be but all growing up this is what i saw in my life with my own father and mother needs some help what i should be doing. I going to see a counselor in my area as well for some help. Buy any suggestions would be great

July 24, 2005, 2:31 pm CDT

Do it for you

Hi everyone. this is my first time here and I am very glad that I have found this message board. I have never said this to anyone or out-loud or even wrote it on paper but I am abused..I guess it falls under emotional or mental.. I don't even know. what I do know is that it is destroying me as a person. I have seen myself change so much, I am not who I used to be. I am not who I want to be. I just am now, Like a shell of a person, with not much feeling b/c I have turned myself off to others and even myself. i have been with this person for 11 years and married for 3 we have 2 children, and a nice home. I have found over the years that we argue about the same things over and over, He always brings up the past, I am the one who is always wrong, and he wont stop till I admit that.. the last argument we had left me feeling empty. very empty, and I don't know who to turn to, I don't want to involve my family , most of my friends are to judgmental, I want to start therapy, and I am scared that he wont go b/c he doesn't think he has a problem... so sry for rambling, but I just have to get this all out. It eating me alive inside. I hate how I feel, I have trouble functioning some days, b/c I'm consumed with disappointment and fear and worry, how do I make this work and get our life's back on track. How do I find me????

Hi there

Well done for opening up and getting it out, are you feeling better for moving forward.

My best advise is for you to start with you, start loving and respecting yourself. Its like Dr Phil says we teach people how to treat us, if we don't treat ourselves with love and respect then noone else with Go for therapy for you, get strong then you can deal with this bully start today and Stop him destroying you. You are in control, I know it does not seem like it yet but only you can control your thoughts. You know that arguing over the same things does not work - so stop that pattern of behaviour,  change it , refuse to engage walk away and do something else. Let him know that whilst he shouts etc you will not discuss it you are in a habit which you can break - therapy will help so take the next step forward and arrange it and go for you. Do it for you and your children .

You can get out of theis trap

Big Hug

Bev x

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last