Message Boards

Topic : 01/01 Revenge of the Exes

Number of Replies: 3696
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 15, 2006, 12:01:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/20/06) Have you ever wanted revenge on an ex-lover? How far would you go? First, look inside a legal battle that has been brewing all summer. Tasha, creator of the Web site DontDateHimGirl.com, says her site is a public forum for women to share their dating experiences and tell the "truth" about their exes. Todd says false information about him was posted on Tasha's site, and he thinks she should be liable for the negative posts. He has filed a lawsuit against her and two of the women who posted. When they face off for the first time, who does Dr. Phil think is right? Then, Ashley found out her boyfriend, Corey, had cheated on her three times during their 10-month relationship. Now, she says she wants to get revenge by exposing him to the world. So why did she recently call Corey and beg for sex? And, Corey comes clean with Ashley and tells her how he really feels. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 16, 2006, 3:12 pm CDT

great example they are setting

OMG are you kidding me! Regardless of whatever this guy has or has not done, what these women are doing is no different that what youth are doing online - only we call it CYBER BULLYING! This is the excatly one of the points I make in my thesis which is on the topic of cyber bullying. If a youth says something negative, hurtful or hateful against a peer it is labled as bullying, but yet were does this behaviour become acceptable ? Is it just because they are adults that they seem to think it is ok? I know Dr. Phil will set them straight on this. If we want our young people to treat others with respect online than we as adults need to set that example and not engage in and model the same behaviour we are telling them is not ok!

Dr. Phil I know you have my back on this don't you!

September 16, 2006, 7:31 pm CDT

Everyone wants to but nobody should

I have been with what in my life I consider the worst ex in the world but I know I am far from alone.

I think everyone who has been in especially bad relationships with an ex would love to get even but I have learned in my life that Happiness IS the Best Revenge.

If you spend all your time figuring out how miserable you would like to make an ex, I believe you haven't let go yet and anger even fades to the question of Why was I even with this Jerk?

I had every right to want to get even but if you DO get any revenge, you have also chose to show that person that he/she is still a factor in your life.

Unfortunately this took me many years to learn that an Ex is and Ex for a reason and they just need to be left alone. Kharma from above does exist. Wait long enough and that will be obvious and if not, who cares and live your own life again.

September 16, 2006, 7:47 pm CDT

Grow Up

I think that it is time that these two and many others just grow up already.   Life is far to short to spend it being angry about something that you can not change.

My husband and I have recently seperated after 17 years of marriage.  He had an affair and decided that he needed to move on.  We have two small children and we (especially me) had a choice to make.  We could be spiteful and hateful and destroy our children and ourselves in the process or we could act like adults and make the most of the situation.  We decided to get along.  He ramained living in the family home for a year after telling me about the new girlfriend and then moved out to a new home that they purchased that took the childrens needs into account.  I remain in the family home as that is the home of our children.  She is very good to our children and they love her.  There is no visitation agreement as he may have our children as much as he wishes.  She has even taken them out on her own.  I am glad for that because they need to growup to be strong and grounded and it is our responsibility to do so.   The children should be happy and content and they are not responsible for this their parents are!

So get on with your lives put an end to this chapter of your life.  Take the lessons that you can learn and be happy.  You only get to go around once and it is a shame to spend the time that you are given being angry and bitter and looking for revenge.

September 16, 2006, 8:08 pm CDT

REVENGE OF THE EXES

i JUST READ ABOUT THE COUPLE THAT WANTS REGENGE FROM ONE ANOTHER. i JUST WANT TO SAY THAT i HAVE BEEN MARRIED TWICE, THE FIRST MARRIAGE LASTED 13 YEARS AND WE HAD 4 CHILDREN TOGETHER. THE SECOND MARRIAGE LASTED 4 YEARS AND  THERE WE NO CHILDREN FROM THAT MARRIAGE.

ALL i HAVE TO SAY IS FORGET REVENGE, IT ISN'T WORTH IT!  YOU WILL RUEN YOUR HEALTH AND DAMAGE HOW YOUR CHILDREN THINK OF YOU. I CAN TELL YOU AFTER MY FIRST MARRIAGE THERE WERE MANY TIMES THAT MY EX AND HIS WIFE TORE ME APART TO MY CHILDREN BUT I WAS DETERMINED 1) THAT I WAS NOT GOING TO TALK THEIR FATHER DOWN TO MY CHILDREN AND 2) TO KEEP ANY IDEAS OF REVENGE TUCKED AWAY IN A PRIVATE PLACE IN MY BRAIN AND THEN WHEN I WAS LAYING IN BED I WOULD THINK OF THINGS I WOULD OR COULD DO TO GET REVENGE. HOWEVER, I DID NOT TAKE REVENGE, IT MADE ME FEEL BETTER JUST TO THINK ABOUT WHAT I COULD DO.  BESIDES THAT I HAVE HEARD THE BEST REVENGE IS LIVING WELL. NO MATTER WHO DOES OR SAYS WHAT ABOUT YOU.

IT'S NOT WORTH MINE/YOUR TIME TO ACTUALLY DO THINGS TO GET REVENGE ON YOUR SPOUSE, WHETHER YOU ARE MARRIED TO HIM, SEPERATED FROM HIM OR DIVORCED. WE ARE ADULTS AND REVENGE SHOULD NOT EVEN ENTER OUR MINDS!!

September 16, 2006, 8:23 pm CDT

Don't waste your time with Ex's

I once was engaged to someone, and he was cheating on me, and wanted to kick me out of our appartment and have her move in.  I was angry at first, but I have realized that it was not meant to be, apparently he could not be trusted if he was seeing someone else.  I was only eighteen, and I knew that the right person will come along one day.  And that day did happen, and I was married and pregnant with our first child, and I ended up running into this ex.  It was kind of funny, because he had gained weight, and did not look like he was happy.  There is no sense in causing trouble, and getting yourself into a waste of time with lawsuits.  Go out there and find the right person or consentrate on your career for awhile. Goodluck on happiness

September 16, 2006, 8:32 pm CDT

Entertaining to say the least

Went to the dont date him cheaters site.  Too much entertainment reading the cheater stories.  Really some of those guys are losers but didn't these women have any kind of clue at all of what they were getting into.  They should have ran in the opposite direction at the first sign.  I can understand how they would want to vent their frustrations.  I just hope that their experience has taught them a lesson and don't fall for the same kind of jerk.

September 16, 2006, 8:51 pm CDT

Passive Agressive Behaviors

I've heard of people who have made themselves feel better after being in an abusive relationship by doing mildly passive agressive behaviors that make you just want to laugh: tooth brush of ex around the inside rim of the toilet (before you leave and deffinently after your LAST kiss,) letting their dog lick the much loved banana split then smoothing it before delivering it to the soon to be ex, dog food to replace "chili" for dinner, adding a thin layer of heat, icy hot, or ben-gay on the toilet seat, wrapping ex-lax in a hershey bar wrapper....and the list goes on. I know I prefer the thought of these to overt reactions.

September 17, 2006, 11:44 am CDT

09/20 Revenge of the Exes

I think wanting to take revenge on some one, just proves that you didn't really feel that much for them. 'Tis far better to pity them. The fact they have to hop from one relationship to another, without being honest and direct, sort of says it all, as far as i can see.

Move on! It is their loss after-all and life really is too short to spend it in a relationship where just one of you is fulfilled. There are plenty of others who want to love and be loved by you. Just go out and find them

September 17, 2006, 12:23 pm CDT

09/20 Revenge of the Exes

Quote From: dchandler

I've heard of people who have made themselves feel better after being in an abusive relationship by doing mildly passive agressive behaviors that make you just want to laugh: tooth brush of ex around the inside rim of the toilet (before you leave and deffinently after your LAST kiss,) letting their dog lick the much loved banana split then smoothing it before delivering it to the soon to be ex, dog food to replace "chili" for dinner, adding a thin layer of heat, icy hot, or ben-gay on the toilet seat, wrapping ex-lax in a hershey bar wrapper....and the list goes on. I know I prefer the thought of these to overt reactions.
OMG, LMAO those are great!! I must remember them! 

September 17, 2006, 3:34 pm CDT

Be the Kind One

Revenge does not win!!!!What goes around comes around......It takes more guts to think good thoughts instead of trying to hurt someone....I have been divorced for 26 years and to this date- my ex-husband has not spoken to me ////.He has been remarried several times and hopefully his present wife can help him.  I have closed the door for several years but what really continues to hurt the does not respect me enough to acknowledge that we did raise two children that are adults now and the grandchildren are a little bit confused on the reactions of his bitterness toward me.  I think he is so bitter toward me that he does not see what he is doing to the family.   I honestly feel sorry for him but since he continually ignores me at at birthday parties- sport activities- etc...I speak but he walks off.....I refuse to be that ugly to anyone....God loves me and I still pray for me enemies...I only hope my grandchildren understand......Joyce from Lil Ranch in Texas

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last