Message Boards

Topic : 09/22 Follow-Ups

Number of Replies: 57
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 15, 2006, 12:06:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil checks in on some of his most stubborn guests! Brandon has been battling a drug addiction since his intervention took place on the Dr. Phil stage three years ago. The last time Dr. Phil met with Brandon, he was behind bars after failing multiple drug tests. After 185 days, Brandon is being released from jail. Does he have a support system in place to help turn his life around for good? Then, what’s the latest on teen runaway, Amanda? Dr. Phil’s investigators tracked her down thousands of miles from home and brought her back. But Amanda was less than willing to do what her parents wanted. Where is she now? Plus, a reformed male chauvinist, summer slim success stories and more! Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 23, 2006, 8:39 am CDT

Brandon and Family

To Brandon and his family. 

Keep at it.  No matter what, don't give up.  I'm hoping and praying that he and his family will be strong enough to have continuing success and Brandon will stay sober.  Take full advantage of all that Dr. Phil offers. 

Brandon will never know the extent of his mother's love.  I know his father loves him too, but I could feel through the TV that she never gave up hope for him and every success for him is magnified a thousand times for her.  They have been through hell. I understand a lot of what Brandon's family has been through as my brother put my parents and his sisters through the same thing. He died at 26, 28 years ago.

Please keep us informed on Brandon.  I'm sure that there are others like me who love him and are anxious to keep up with him.

September 23, 2006, 9:48 am CDT

Good Luck Brandon

Brandon,

Good luck Brandon. Being sober is much better than being on drugs.

Always remember this, if a friend is offering drugs again they are not your friends.

We will be prying for you here.

Anna

September 23, 2006, 1:39 pm CDT

Congratulations Brandon

Brandon,

I really hope that you keep up the hard work. I can't tell you anything that Dr. Phil already has. Tell your inner monologue to be quiet and let you be. It seems as if you tell yourself negative things and it's like these things, don't let you be the completely great person that you are? You're the only person who can make good and bad happen to you. Best of luck!

your new fan,

Angie

September 23, 2006, 2:43 pm CDT

run away

Sometimes parents just need to show a little tough love.  I am 27 and never once thought about running away.  I was scared of what my parents would do when they found me but, a love scared not a threatning kind of scare.  Now a days parents want to be their childrens friends and that can only happen after the child knows who is the boss.  I know I have four and they try to be the boss but you let that happen and all kinds of problems start. 

September 23, 2006, 7:06 pm CDT

Once bitten, twice shy

Interesting show topic. Dr. Phil, I'm never getting married again. Period. I've been married, I was a devoted "family man", I worshipped my wife. She decided to trade the insecurity of "for better or worse" for the security of the monthly support check, and the courts were all too eager to help her destroy my family. I want to be a good father and husband, but I'm "allowed" to see my kid 4 afternoons and 4 overnights a month. I won't expose another of my children to the risk of a life with a "visitor" dad, if it means I have no more children, I'm OK with that.

Unlike the guests on your show, my decision to never marry incorporates a decision to never date. It's amazing how peaceful, pleasant and satisfying my life has become since I figured out that I really can live without women.

September 23, 2006, 7:09 pm CDT

oops

My last post (should be right above this) was supposed to go to a thread about a show about men who won't marry. Apparently, logging in to post put me on the wrong thread. sorry

September 23, 2006, 11:21 pm CDT

Todd and Tosha controversy!!!

I am a women and definitely know what it feels like to be deceived by a man. I think it is important to be able to vent to others, especially women in similar situations. Although, I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH TODD about the "dont date him girls website". I think that Tosha's intentions were good in creating the website, but if the purpose of the website is to vent and receive moral support from other women, GREAT! There is no reason that the women should name any names! Why is it fair for the women to post unanonymously, but list names and even pictures of the men? Todd is absolutely in the right, this kind of untrue exposure can be damaging and never ending to him or any man. This info can lose him credibility as an attorney and possible future love interests. I think Tosha was incredibly insensitive and more worried about being right then really thinking about the situation at hand. There is no reason for these women to list names other then to cause real problems. Where will revealing names get them any way? It isn't going to turn back time and erase the deceit and they only come out looking like fools. Tosha is the creater of the site, so why can't she take some responsibility for it and to avoid future issues, make a rule to not list names. Like Dr. Phil says" the best revenge is living well" not playing highschool games.

September 24, 2006, 1:12 am CDT

AA versus NA

Quote From: wchvin

I wonder why Brandon is going to AA instead of NA. Most AAmeetings I have gone to don't like addicts coming to thier meetings and qualifing themselves as addicts. I have been around the program for awile and NA is the only thing that has worked for me.
I am a recovering opiate addict, and I also go to AA. I have been to NA, and did not feel comfortable there at all. I have never been turned away from any AA meetings because I do not have a drinking problem. I think whatever works for you.

September 24, 2006, 2:12 pm CDT

Follow up with Brandon

Dr Phil.  Thank you for keeping us updated on Brandon.  Brandon I am so happy with you and want you to know you are doing a wonderful job!  Keep up the great work! 

I am a parent of a recovering addict to Meth.  He has been 100% clean for close to four years now.  I know from my own experiance how easy it would have been for me to give up on him and 'write him off'  Four years ago he hit the very bottom.  His wife told him to get out of the house and filed for divorce.  They have two small children together.  He decided then to make some changes and found a wonderful sponser with NA and became more active with the program.  He was involved before but didn't follow the steps.  He decided to go back to school and get an education in something he could use and enjoy for the remainder of his working years and graduated with HONORS a year and a half ago.  He got a good paying job after completing school and reconciled on his marriage.  He gives me a medalian every year of sobriety (at Christmas) to share with me his accomplishments.  This last week he got word on employment locally in the small town where they live that they wanted to hire him to work for this. 

Drug addiction is not something easy to overcome and I agree with Dr Phil that this is something you have to work on every day for the rest of your life, but just knowing what I have seen on all the shows that I've watched on the series and followups with Brandon I know that Brandon is a strong willed person and he has all the loving support from his family and friends and DR PHIL!

Keep up the great work Brandon!

Truely yours,

Sara in Nebraska

September 25, 2006, 5:06 am CDT

Good luck to the guests. Thanks for the update

Best of luck to all the guests.

Brandon seems to have matured and will hopefully have the courage, strength and determination to stay clean and sober. I wish him God's speed!

Amanda appears to me to be one tough cookie...one tough shell to crack. As much as I HOPE and PRAY she will succeed in changing both her life and attitude, I am skeptical. Hopefully she truly believes that her past attitude was getting her no where and that her life would have turned out to be a mess unless she cleaned up her act (and her nasty attidude). I wish her much success and happiness and congratulate her for moving forward in her "treatment."

The two fawns are such interesting young women. God bless the Fawn who is already headed on a good, healthy path and will definitely succeed in her life. And God bless the Fawn who has struggled greatly, but who has the strength, desire and smarts to trust those who want to help her so she can one day be happy and healthy. And kudos to all the people who were and are helping both girls! God is smiling down on them!!!

Love update shows, but wish the good doctor would offer more of them. I would LOVE an update on the second Dr. Phil Family that was terribly messed up...whenever kids are involved, let's have an update, please!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last