Message Boards

Topic : True Love

Number of Replies: 1117
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:04:36 pm
Author : dataimport
Do you believe in true love? How about love at first sight? Is it possible to cheat on someone you love? Can true love die? Tell us what you think!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 23, 2005, 4:28 am CDT

There is true love!

Hi, I just wanted to say that love is GRAND and it has changed my life tremendously.  The internet is a wonderful tool to find a mate and I didn't join any dating service.  After my divorce in 2000, I was sad and lonely.  But, thanks to the internet, I am happily married to a wonderful man.  He is not perfect and I do not expect that to happen as I have flaws of my own as well.  But together we fit as in emotion, mood and life values.  He lived in Indiana and did move up to Wisconsin, where I live, and together we live in bliss.  Although.  my youngest daughter is not at happy with my man, she does accept the fact that we are happy and her dad is her dad.  My husband does not try or claim to be anything but fair with her such as any situation to do with myself, otherwise is directed to her dad for guidance.  This does create tension at times, but overall things around our new home is happy and healthy.

July 23, 2005, 5:11 am CDT

In love ......true lover

Hello, I am a 22 year old female that didn't believe in love until I found my husband about a year and a half ago.  Before, I meant my husband I was in a abusive relationship and when I finally got the nerve to live and was alone for awhile I never thought I would be with anyone else.  I chatted in online chat rooms for awhile and than came across this wonderful man I talked to for awhile then we meant and the next day I went to his house and basically never left until this day I have not stayed without him I don't want to be without him.  I never thought I would feel this way about anyone.  I am blessed to have found such a wonderful man so for anyone out there don't give up its there.

July 23, 2005, 5:47 am CDT

I do believe in true love, I do believe in love at first site - however I also know that it is possible to love someone so completely, and have nothing returned. Especially when its someone you have to see and speak to every day.

July 23, 2005, 6:16 am CDT

True Love

Hello, I am a 22 year old female that didn't believe in love until I found my husband about a year and a half ago. Before, I meant my husband I was in a abusive relationship and when I finally got the nerve to live and was alone for awhile I never thought I would be with anyone else. I chatted in online chat rooms for awhile and than came across this wonderful man I talked to for awhile then we meant and the next day I went to his house and basically never left until this day I have not stayed without him I don't want to be without him. I never thought I would feel this way about anyone. I am blessed to have found such a wonderful man so for anyone out there don't give up its there.

Hello, i have just recently broke up with my boyfriend who was abusive to me also. I am happy to be out of the relationship but at the same time i still love him and want to be with him. he now has his whole family ( who i got along with well before) hating me. i want very much for us all to just get along but im not sure how to approach them or if i should even try.

July 23, 2005, 8:48 am CDT

True Love

Hello, i have just recently broke up with my boyfriend who was abusive to me also. I am happy to be out of the relationship but at the same time i still love him and want to be with him. he now has his whole family ( who i got along with well before) hating me. i want very much for us all to just get along but im not sure how to approach them or if i should even try.

If I were you I'd leave the situation alone on the family, I wouldn't ponder on emotion too much, it has a tendancy to change like the wind. If you love him take your time and explain to him that things have to change in order for it to continue. He has to prove that to you!!! You deserve to be loved and cherished. Don't sell yourself short, and don't waste your time waiting for that change. Live your life, and if it happens that you two can get back together, then Great!!!, but don't waste your life, you deserve better than being treated wrongly! No man is worth your tears, and the one that is won't make you cry!!!

July 23, 2005, 1:27 pm CDT

Lookin for love

I am one that believes in true love however I just haven't had the chance to test it out for myself.  I'm 23 years old and soon to be 24 and have yet to date once and believe it or not, I'm a member of the small unknown group call the VLC  (Virgin Lips Club)  I don't feel bad about it. In fact I am totally enjoying the freedom I have.  My biggest fear is ..well.. fear.  B/c I am getting older I am also getting more and more anxious of how to react if a guy eventually shows interest in me.  I know some day it will happen, but until then I am just going to live out my life and enjoy every moment until I have the chance to prove that true love does exsist.

July 23, 2005, 1:30 pm CDT

True Love

I was married for 25 years to a true love.  Unfortunately, over that time we both changed so much and didn't "grow together" that we are now divorced.  I have remarried, to my soul mate, but even this marriage is not perfect.  The thing I've learned is that marriage is hard.  If you have a good one, or at least one that is working and functional, hang in there.  There are no guarantees that there is something better out there.  (This is assuming your relationship is not an abusive one or emotionally unhealthy in some way.)  Reminds  me of the song.........."If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with!"  *hehehehe*  Don't mean to be flip, just trying to keep things on a lighter note.  Take care!

July 23, 2005, 2:14 pm CDT

NO MORE STABBING'S

Michael and I are still together I love him more each day I let go of some of the past issues and Dr. Phils "relationship rescue has done just that " don't get me wrong we still have argument and I still feel helpless but I don't try to get him to leave me any more Thanks Dr. Phill with out you I would be with out My St. Michael  JB

July 23, 2005, 2:55 pm CDT

True Love

I do believe in true love ,but I think you have to be very careful. I think girls especially are quick to fall in love as we are emotional creatures. I think for it to be love at first site is possible It happened to both me and my husband . He saw me dancing and told his friends he was going to marry that girl . We lived in a small town so I went to school with some of his friends . The next weekend was my 16th birthday party and he and those same friends crashed it . Well lets just say I thought he was really something to and spent most of my night with him . That was 30 yrs ago and I love him even more today than I did than . The one thing about love I can say is it will be tested but you talk it out you listen to each other and you don't give up. Your going to have the hard times but if you hang in there they pass . before you know your enjoying the good times it's really simple actually when you look at it that way. When I'm really angry at my husband I ask myself how would I feel if I left him and saw him smiling into some other womans face ??? I'd want to scratch her eyes out so I definately still love him do I want to quit because I'm mad ..Hell No !  True Love is always worth fighting for . I would assume anyone inlove would say they have true love ...

July 23, 2005, 3:10 pm CDT

don't mean to be judgemental

I do believe in true love, I do believe in love at first site - however I also know that it is possible to love someone so completely, and have nothing returned. Especially when its someone you have to see and speak to every day.

I have been in abusive relationships or relationships where I was respected as a person for my own opinions or I felt that I was only liked for the physical. Even from strangers or aquaintances I get hit on for the physical and it is frustrating. I didn't grow up with love and acceptance from either parent and I was also neglected at points and it made me realize that I have been loving guys who don't love me for the right reasons to fill that void my parents left me. I realized at least for myself that I don't know what true love is because like you said 'love someone so completely, and have nothing returned.' How is it possible to love someone that doesn't love us back. I have been showing love or caring I believe (besides the fact that that is the type of person I am-caring/doing the right thing), however I do it to those that don't give back because that is all I know (same as my relationship with my parents) and I am trying to reach out for them to understand me/for them to give back. I have also learned that generally those people that don't give back/don't know how to love were also hurt or neglected as children. It is similar with depression-there are people that turn to food to deal with their depression and there are people that starve themselves. I hope I helped you and others to think about all of this. Hang in there. Life can be good, but it doesn't have to be based on someone accepting us or not. We have to feel good that we are good people and if one person doesn't like us (truly like/love us) there is someone out there that does/will, but in the meantime we like ourselves.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last