Message Boards

Topic : True Love

Number of Replies: 1118
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:04:36 pm
Author : dataimport
Do you believe in true love? How about love at first sight? Is it possible to cheat on someone you love? Can true love die? Tell us what you think!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 23, 2005, 4:12 pm CDT

to linda

Hi, I just wanted to say that love is GRAND and it has changed my life tremendously. The internet is a wonderful tool to find a mate and I didn't join any dating service. After my divorce in 2000, I was sad and lonely. But, thanks to the internet, I am happily married to a wonderful man. He is not perfect and I do not expect that to happen as I have flaws of my own as well. But together we fit as in emotion, mood and life values. He lived in Indiana and did move up to Wisconsin, where I live, and together we live in bliss. Although. my youngest daughter is not at happy with my man, she does accept the fact that we are happy and her dad is her dad. My husband does not try or claim to be anything but fair with her such as any situation to do with myself, otherwise is directed to her dad for guidance. This does create tension at times, but overall things around our new home is happy and healthy.
How did you find a guy over the internet WITHOUT having to join anything ?

July 24, 2005, 2:06 pm CDT

How? Chat rooms.

How did you find a guy over the internet WITHOUT having to join anything ?
I met a man that I dated for 5 years while in a chat room.  We are still very good friends but ended it due to reasons not related to the internet.  My current b/f I met through Yahoo personals.  "Blind IM's" are way people meet sometimes as well.

July 24, 2005, 7:29 pm CDT

True Love

I am one that believes in true love however I just haven't had the chance to test it out for myself. I'm 23 years old and soon to be 24 and have yet to dateonce and believe it or not, I'm a member of the small unknown group call the VLC (Virgin Lips Club) I don't feel bad about it. In fact I am totally enjoying the freedom I have. My biggest fear is ..well.. fear. B/cI am getting older I am also getting more and more anxious of how to react if a guy eventually shows interest in me. I know some day it will happen, but until then I am just going to live out my life and enjoy every moment until I have the chance to prove that true love does exsist.

You have a great attitude. Enjoy your life and be all that you can be, work on your goals and be happy with your self, we only live one life down here on earth and I believe we are all born with a purpose and I like the saying, "....God ain't finished with me yet". Though I did start dating at a young age, I went several years with out dating and met my now husband at the age of 28 and married when I was 29. He was very much worth the wait. Being the positive and sincere person that you seem to be, I do believe that your true love will come, take your time. I know several women who only dwell on wishing that they were married and thinks about the fear of growing old alone, but to me that is a waste of time, it is one thing to hope and dream and pray that you will meet the one for you but another when it is all you think about. Life is precious and you seem very smart and definetly have respect for your self, I think liking who we are and striving for goals is very imporant. I actually loved being single and had no regrets that I wasn't married, life was good and I accomplished a lot and when I met my now husabnd, it just added more spark to my life. Be yourself and respect life, live life the very best that you can and believe in your self and find that purpose in life, I believe you will certainly go far with the attitude that you have and please know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a virgin, I think the best thing a person can do, is wait and give your self to your one and only, certainly does work.

July 24, 2005, 7:38 pm CDT

Love can last a life time

I believe in True Love and believe it can last a life time. it takes work, respect, patience, determination, committment and communication and even compromises at times on both people's part, working together is a very imporant key to keep the fire burning. Love isn't always easy but certainly worth the effort. ANd though sometimes it seems like one or the other doesn't want the love to last, I believe that though it takes two to make a marriage, sometimes it only takes one to get the ball rolling meaning sometimes, it may take one putting in most of the effort but I have seen fallen marriages come back together because of the prayers and committment of one person, it is possible to keep true love and it is definetly real.

July 24, 2005, 7:46 pm CDT

True Love

Hello, i have just recently broke up with my boyfriend who was abusive to me also. I am happy to be out of the relationship but at the same time i still love him and want to be with him. he now has his whole family ( who i got along with well before) hating me. i want very much for us all to just get along but im not sure how to approach them or if i should even try.
I say if this guy was abusive to you then you need to stay away from him, don't even try to make it work. You deserve better. no guy or woman for that matter is worth staying with when they are abusive and disrespectful. If this family wants to hate then let em, but you do not have to be a part of it. Life is meant to be lived happily and productive, not to have your self esteem and self worth kicked around. Respect your self, and love your self and don't stoop to these peoples levels, go live life and be happy and count your blessings with the number one being, you are not with this no good guy who is only out to ruin your life.

July 24, 2005, 8:38 pm CDT

I have my true loves heart...

Hi,  I am one of the lucky ones out there.  I am married to my true love.  We have our ups and downs but I always end up seeing the funny side to the downs.  My darling Husband help nurse me through what was a difficlt pregnancy.  He went 9 months and then more without any sexual contact so I didn't get to many happy hormones bring me on.  He enjoys spending quality time with me and my daughter.  I just know he'll be around forever.  I know it sounds mushy but I really feel like we will grow old together.  petangel23

July 25, 2005, 10:44 am CDT

is it really true love?

Love is only what you make of it.  Well that is my own strategy.  I just recently got married in April, and well lets just say I thought/think/know/hope that he is my soul mate.  At this time in my life I am struggling to find myself and am having a hard time dealing with "true love"  I think I have found every possible thing wrong with him.  Its funny the way love works.  I can't imagine myself without him, yet it is killing me to try and keep all of this inside. 

July 25, 2005, 11:51 am CDT

True Love

Quote From: sweets537

Love is only what you make of it. Well that is my own strategy. I just recently got married in April, and well lets just say I thought/think/know/hope that he is my soul mate. At this time in my life I am struggling to find myself and am having a hard time dealing with "true love" I think I have found every possible thing wrong with him. Its funny the way love works. I can't imagine myself without him, yet it is killing me to try and keep all of this inside.
Maybe instead of focusing on all the negative, maybe start focusing on the positive things about your husband. True love can be "real" and for "sure" if you allow it to. Life itself is whatever you make of it. No one is perfect and we all have our flaws but to dwell on the negative is nothing but a waste of time in my opinion, I would much whether dwell on the positive and be happy and do everything in my power to make my marriage and love stronger. It certainly takes the effort to to be happy and to stay in love with your spouse but to me it is well worth my time and energy. And really, if two people are really in love, it really doesn't take hard/depresssing effort, just enough to keep the fire burning. :) After 12 years of marriage, I can honestly say that I am still in love with my husband and even though we have our off moments there is never a doubt in my mind that he is my true and only love. We are happy and have benefitted each other in so many ways. True love is real and can last a life time and it doesn't have to be a "chore" but could be an adventure. I think when it comes to my hubby, he actually has more positive about him then he does negatives and when things doesn't feel like they should and the negative aspect of our relationship does creep up, I replace those thought with happy/positive thoughts and the whole attitude changes, not always easy but it does work and we have a great relationship.

July 25, 2005, 3:57 pm CDT

totally confused!

I need a little advice...19 years ago, I met a guy who was "perfect" in my eyes. We started dating a year later and everything was great, then 8 months later, him and his family moved out of state. Still being a teenager, it affected me a little but I moved on. Although I thought about him often, he was my first love.  Well about 4 years ago, we crossed paths again and it was like we had been together the whole time. ( although we had both been married and divorced by that time.) I was more in love with him now than ever. And again he moved out of state, (this time it was because of a job transfer) he called me several times for the first year and wanted me to move with him. Well not being one to act on the spur of the moment, I never moved. We have since lost contact and I am engaged to be married in May. My problem is that I can't get my first love out of my mind. I do love my fiance with all of my heart and I do want to spend my life with him. What should I do? Is this normal?

July 27, 2005, 10:53 am CDT

Older???

Quote From: mishmember

I am one that believes in true love however I just haven't had the chance to test it out for myself.  I'm 23 years old and soon to be 24 and have yet to date once and believe it or not, I'm a member of the small unknown group call the VLC  (Virgin Lips Club)  I don't feel bad about it. In fact I am totally enjoying the freedom I have.  My biggest fear is ..well.. fear.  B/c I am getting older I am also getting more and more anxious of how to react if a guy eventually shows interest in me.  I know some day it will happen, but until then I am just going to live out my life and enjoy every moment until I have the chance to prove that true love does exsist.

Oh honey bunny... 23 or 24 is NOT old.

If you really think about it... age is a state of mind anyway.

Personally I think that young folks rush relationships.  I know I sure did. 

How about this? 

Instead of getting so anxious about meeting someone new, how about just concentrating on being yourself?

If you really want to find true love, being yourself and enjoying every minute of your life is EXACTLY the right thing to do!

BRAVO!  Q

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last