Message Boards

Topic : 12/22 Custody Battles Gone Bad

Number of Replies: 373
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 29, 2006, 09:47:40 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/04/06) Jan went on the run with her grandson the day her son-in-law, Chris, was released from jail. Jan believes Chris killed her daughter, and says she now fears for her own life and the life of her 4-year-old grandson. After serving time for involuntary manslaughter in the death of his wife, Chris says he will stop at nothing to regain custody of his son. Jan comes face-to-face with the man she has been in hiding from for a year. Then, see a custody battle that kept a mother fighting for her daughter for nearly a decade. Now reunited, Irene struggles to parent her daughter, Brittany, who was torn from her as a 7-year-old and returned as a teenager. Can these two bridge the gap and learn to be a family again? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 12, 2007, 6:34 am CDT

wanting to start Mother's Against Family Court

Quote From: dbacksfan3

This is at least the second time I have heard Dr. Phil express something to the effect of, "I've been doing this for thirty years and I've never heard of....." and then state something to the effect of child protective services not protecting the child, and actually being "sensitive" to the protection of the children. This time, when I heard him begin to say it, I felt so angry!  Child Protective Services in my state did not protect my child, who is now 18!! I am also sick and tired of hearing this "Parent Alienation Syndrome" label...usually put on mothers trying to protect their children. It's a lose-lose situation. Your child reports what daddy has been doing and you try to protect her and because you are divorced you are automatically trying to alienate daddy from child. Your child reports what daddy has been doing and you don't protect her and you are just as guilty as he is for NOT protecting her. Oh, and let's not forget that whoever has the most money for a lawyer (usually the MAN) usually has the upper hand, as was the case for me and my daughter.

You & I have a lot in common with about a million other women out there & if we got together I'm confident that things would change, maybe not in our life time but our grandchildrens'.  I have read an excellent book by Amy Neustein & Michael Lesher 'From Madness To Mutiny & it discusses how CPS, Court Psychiatrist, Law Guardians, etc. are going beyond their boundaries.  It is a great book to open one's eyes to why the Family Court System is failing the victims.  I recommend this book to any woman who is contemplating separation & divorce.  It should be read first & then & only then a separation with great caution be attempted.  Knowing what you are up against before it hits you in the face or the judge for that matter is preparing yourself tor the ugliest war you will ever go through with your kids.  Everyday you must mentally put on a suit of armor & win each battle as it comes.  And don't forget to save a whole hell of a lot of money for the disgusting attorney which you might just find out is not on your side either. If anyone out there wants to chat with me please feel free to use my email address..kawivn750@aol.com.  Together we can make a difference in the world.

October 26, 2007, 2:55 pm CDT

He is a Bad Father and Melissa is a nut and Should be Disbarred!

Chris is a bad father and should never be given custody of Cameron.  He does not even know how old his son is.  Melissa is not a good attorney.  I think that she should be disbarred.  She needs to think about that little boy's best interests.

December 28, 2008, 4:56 pm CST

Sadly it looks like the Special Interests got to The Good Doctor :(

Ironic isn't is how the minority (10%) of cases are portrayed on this show, when 90% of the country's cases that end up with children suffering fatherectomy, yet this is not shown here. People that remove fit, loving parents from childrens lives are child abusers.

Your answers are here: www.ncfcnh.org, where New Hampshire is leading the way to "Family Demise for Profit" aka Family Court, Reform.

First | Prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | Next Page | Last Page