Message Boards

Topic : Online Dating

Number of Replies: 1529
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:08:34 pm
Author : dataimport
Looking to meet someone online? Or have you met the love of your life on the net already? Share the good, the bad and the ugly of online dating.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 8, 2009, 2:57 pm CST

looking for a woman

The love is hard to find him because your heart who choose not your mind  maybe you will  meet  1000000000000000000000 girls  I am sure you  will never  love any one of  them  and maye you will love a girl lives too far , bnecuase that I am looking for a woman  anywhere she is I dont think culture is problem because love it more stonger than everything please anyone intesrting contact me please in my adress rachid.ayad@yahoo.com thanks

Sofiane

February 20, 2009, 4:31 pm CST

beautiful scammers

I would not have thought that people could really do this. I am divorced, 40, attractive and available. After a nice three year relationship ended amicably, I decided to check out the dating scene online. I like to travel so I expanded my search to anywhere. Within 2 days I had three widowers flattering me online and a few days into chatting chose to continue getting to know only one further. His words would make me melt and reminded me of how my previous husband had courted me. So genuine and expressive. He told me his daughter had encouraged him to look online after waiting five years as a widower. He was sweet, handsome and told me that the decent look about me and my smile made him believe I could be someone to fill his void as well as his daughter's. Weeks into chatting and phone calls, all which were at the correct time of day for UK which was where he was from, he told me not much longer and he wanted to fly to meet me. He went to one business meeting in London, then scandinavia one week later. From there, I got a message that he had been sent for one last piece of business to West Africa. A friend warned me what to expect next and he changed drastically, even in his tone of voice to letting me know it would be a bit longer then he would make arrangements. Sure enough, as my friend warned he asked for money to get to see me which I refused. I was so hurt and sorry to see the fantasy disappear. What I thought was beautiful and a fortunate event for me brought me to tears to let it all go. I pray no one else needs to go through this and I would love the opportunity for the person who's photos were used and the one used to represent his daughter could know how they have been victimized too.

March 16, 2009, 3:05 am CDT

I've gotten tons of these emails

Quote From: lanafive

I would not have thought that people could really do this. I am divorced, 40, attractive and available. After a nice three year relationship ended amicably, I decided to check out the dating scene online. I like to travel so I expanded my search to anywhere. Within 2 days I had three widowers flattering me online and a few days into chatting chose to continue getting to know only one further. His words would make me melt and reminded me of how my previous husband had courted me. So genuine and expressive. He told me his daughter had encouraged him to look online after waiting five years as a widower. He was sweet, handsome and told me that the decent look about me and my smile made him believe I could be someone to fill his void as well as his daughter's. Weeks into chatting and phone calls, all which were at the correct time of day for UK which was where he was from, he told me not much longer and he wanted to fly to meet me. He went to one business meeting in London, then scandinavia one week later. From there, I got a message that he had been sent for one last piece of business to West Africa. A friend warned me what to expect next and he changed drastically, even in his tone of voice to letting me know it would be a bit longer then he would make arrangements. Sure enough, as my friend warned he asked for money to get to see me which I refused. I was so hurt and sorry to see the fantasy disappear. What I thought was beautiful and a fortunate event for me brought me to tears to let it all go. I pray no one else needs to go through this and I would love the opportunity for the person who's photos were used and the one used to represent his daughter could know how they have been victimized too.
"I would not have thought that people could really do this."

I can't tell you how many of these emails I get! They're all the same too. My wife died, I have a son/daughter, I live in whatever state but working in Africa, UK, etc.. on a bridge, etc.  About a year ago, I got an email from someone who said they lived in NY state. We talked on the phone, made plans to meet, etc. Then he was so upset that I was struggling financially and wanted to help me get a car and would send me $500. But he wanted my account # for one thing, then it was that he'd put it on a prepaid card for me when he realized I would not give out my account #. All was fine, but then I had to do HIM a favor! He wanted me to receive a laptop, then reship it to Vietnam because he couldn't do it, blah blah blah. I never spoke to him again. THEN just a couple weeks ago, I got an email from someone from overseas again. Well, the pic was him! But not the same name! I emailed him back saying if he was going to do something like that, make sure it's not the same picture of the guy who tried the year before! I never heard from him again either! LOL  As soon as you read, "I am ___ by name", DELETE!! They're from the UK, Africa, etc. Nothing but scam artists! I had another email me to be put on my buddy list. He was working overseas, but his picture was that guy on SciFi who's on that Ghost Hunters! He even used a pic with a wall behind him with SciFi written all over it! I emailed HIM back saying not to use someone famous for a picture. I got an email just saying, "it's not me". Never heard from him again either. HAHA You really need to be careful about who you are talking to. After awhile, you kind of get  a feeling about who they are and all. You still get duped once in a blue moon, but I would NEVER send a guy money! If he's in construction, and electrician, whatever, he should have money. I'm glad to see you didn't send him money. But it's so sad that so many women fall for this scam. Keep checking Dateline, etc for when they run stories about women getting scammed. You'd be surprised at the types of women who do fall for this scam. Especially when there's so many stories done on it. I hope a lot of people read this so it doesn't happen to them.

March 18, 2009, 8:44 pm CDT

where are the "real" women?

I have had profiles on match.com and other online dating sites.  I have met very few real women.  The ones I meet are either really a nutcase with a lot of baggage that isnt mentioned in the profile, or they are a lot fatter than they portray.  I understand that looks and weight are not everything.  Why do girls worry about it though?  Do they think that if they "trick" guys into meeting them, then we can be guilted into staying with them? 

April 3, 2009, 2:51 am CDT

I need help

Hi All,

I am new to this forum so be nice to me :)

I recently moved to Charlotte, I am Single and struggling to find where people hang out, how do people make connections.
I am in my 30s, so not really looking for anything crazy, just regular, fun, normal people to connect with.
Also, does anyone here have any experience with The Relationship Company Dating Service?
I saw their ad on the TV and just curious if people have had success?
Anyway, hope to make some new friends here.

Delisha

May 7, 2009, 8:42 pm CDT

I am new to this city can you help me

Hi  

I am Delisha from Charlotte. I am new to the city as I have moved from Boston recently. Can you please suggest me some good places to hang out and kill my time.  Any place worth watching, places of tourist interest are also welcome.  

Also looking out to make new friends and searching for a steady releationship. Recently saw an ad on TV about The Relationship Company. Anybody aware of their services. Need a feedback before I decide to join the same.  

Thanks  

Delisha

May 28, 2009, 5:49 am CDT

Some good sites?

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Dr Phil.com (but obviously not to Dr. Phil). I've heard a mention of good dating sites and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions. I've tried a few before but they just stole my money and scammed me.

Thanks in advance,

hwt003

July 11, 2009, 1:28 am CDT

Con men posing as nice guys

Thanks to the Dr Phil show I worked out within a few emails and one MSN conversation that the 'handsome man from Houston' was in fact a con man from Belgium aiming to extract money from lonely women like me.  If I hadn't see the show about the Con men  predators online, it would have taken me much longer to work out what a nasty piece of work he was.

Thanks for Dr Phil and production team.  Good luck to all those genuine online daters for the future but watch out for the nasty con men.

They push all the right buttons!  But we're smarter than they are!

July 11, 2009, 3:37 am CDT

Hi.

Quote From: vickib555

Thanks to the Dr Phil show I worked out within a few emails and one MSN conversation that the 'handsome man from Houston' was in fact a con man from Belgium aiming to extract money from lonely women like me.  If I hadn't see the show about the Con men  predators online, it would have taken me much longer to work out what a nasty piece of work he was.

Thanks for Dr Phil and production team.  Good luck to all those genuine online daters for the future but watch out for the nasty con men.

They push all the right buttons!  But we're smarter than they are!

Unfortunately, we are NOT smarter then the con man because we don't sit around all day plotting and planning like they do, but when we do come across something that "seems too good to be true", or "something for nothing", or "that little button is going off (intuition)" gently letting us know this is not a good situation, and do nothing, then we can be conned and manipulated.  For every 2 people, one person is a con. Would you know him/her ifyou spotted them??????  Probably not unless you are a trained person.

Always weigh on the side of caution its never a foolish thing to be to careful when it comes to our health and putting trust in someone to do what is right for "us". Most people have ulterior motives.  Don't let your compassion and empathy weaken you. Learn to use these in intelligent ways and useful ways, not for selfish, attached and emotional needs.   This is where the problem begins.

Manipulators are good but we don't need to get defensive and reject and abandon anything to keep them away. They are not the enemy unless we make them that. Everything is out there, but areyou going about the right way? are you on a good path? ....the point I am trying to get at is we are going to meet these type of people in our lives, but they do not have to become anything more then a moment in time.  The universe put the Dr. Phil show for you and others to see it, that was the gift and now you are sharing it, good.

I also believe that what we believe, we attract us....so.......why are you being drawn to con men????? Its not, the con men that are being drawn to you....see????  Take care.

First | Prev | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | Next Page | Last Page