Message Boards

Topic : 06/01 Home Wreckers

Number of Replies: 380
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 20, 2006, 01:50:58 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 10/25/06) Dr. Phil's guests say they have a home wrecker in their life who has destroyed their marriage. Lisa says her five-month marriage to Sean is already in shambles because of his ex-wife, Kristy. Lisa says Kristy makes hateful phone calls, physical threats and frequent attempts to steal Sean away from her. Kristy says she doesn't want Sean back; she just wants him to be a good father to their kids. Then, Sherry says her daughter, Tammy, talked her into divorcing her husband, J.R. Now, Sherry wants to re-marry J.R., but both her daughters are making her choose between them or him. Tammy and her sister say that J.R. controls their mother and they won't support this reunion. Is Sherry making a big mistake, or are her daughters manipulating her? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 23, 2006, 4:30 am CDT

Home Wreckers

Correct me if I am wrong.........

if a marriage is 100% between two people, how can any one wreck it? Seems to me if there is a problem before someone from the outside gets involved, then it would be easy for others on the outside to cause further damage. To blame others for what you have neglected to correct with in your own marriage is just a poor excuse...........just my two cents.

October 23, 2006, 9:14 am CDT

10/25 Home Wreckers

Quote From: noraann

if a marriage is 100% between two people, how can any one wreck it? Seems to me if there is a problem before someone from the outside gets involved, then it would be easy for others on the outside to cause further damage. To blame others for what you have neglected to correct with in your own marriage is just a poor excuse...........just my two cents.

YOu are sooo right! usually if a person is looking for something outside of the marriage it usually means that something is lacking

October 23, 2006, 11:07 am CDT

It simply amazes me

I am so confused.....How can you come to these conclusions when the show has not even aired yet?  As far as looking for something outside of the marriage,  you flat out made that up.  Not once was that mentioned in the entire show.  Oh, you would have known that had you waited for the show to air.  Get back with me after you see the show

October 23, 2006, 11:52 am CDT

10/25 Home Wreckers

Wow, Lisa should have thought about this. If she wonders that Kristy might "steal" Sean, then why would she marry him? Threats of physical violence should not be ignored, if they are true. It sounds to me like Lisa wanted drama in her life, and I don't know if I can believe her allegations. This is not good for the child, Lisa should have left Sean alone.

October 23, 2006, 11:53 am CDT

Outsider???

Where do you get this "others from the outside".  There are no outsiders.  They are talking about someone's ex's tearing apart their relationship/marriage.  Did you really not get that from the preview... hello.

I have seen plenty of marriages sabotaged by ex's.  They make life a living hell because they don't realize that they are not married to that person anymore and they still try to run that person's life.  That is a hard thing for their partner to deal with and if makes it ten times more difficult when there are kids involved.

October 23, 2006, 12:01 pm CDT

Right On!

Quote From: sas105

I am so confused.....How can you come to these conclusions when the show has not even aired yet?  As far as looking for something outside of the marriage,  you flat out made that up.  Not once was that mentioned in the entire show.  Oh, you would have known that had you waited for the show to air.  Get back with me after you see the show
Thats what I was saying, but at the same time how the heck did she draw that conclusion from the preview?  That confused the heck out of me.

October 23, 2006, 12:08 pm CDT

Who's looking

Quote From: dustymarie

YOu are sooo right! usually if a person is looking for something outside of the marriage it usually means that something is lacking

Granted your statement alone is true but in regards this show... who said anyone was looking for something outside of the marriage?

October 23, 2006, 1:02 pm CDT

Are you bored?

Quote From: lboquet

Wow, Lisa should have thought about this. If she wonders that Kristy might "steal" Sean, then why would she marry him? Threats of physical violence should not be ignored, if they are true. It sounds to me like Lisa wanted drama in her life, and I don't know if I can believe her allegations. This is not good for the child, Lisa should have left Sean alone.

Do me a favor and just wait till the air shows before you make any assumptions. 

October 23, 2006, 1:15 pm CDT

One with experience...

Let me begin by letting everyone know that no, I have not seen the show as it has not aired but am speaking from real life experience. I am quite angry at the comment about "100% between the couple" and blaming the current wife/husband for the problems regarding the 'outside' person.

First of all my husband of 3 years cheated on me in my OWN home in my OWN bed in front our OUR child. I literally found them in the shower together in MY home! I had NO idea this was going on and was devastated to find such a thing. Sure, I knew there were problems but he was telling me I was who he wanted and things would be okay - we were even in marriage counseling for goodness sake! After I caught them he still played games and I was a fool to believe him. I stayed for another 2 months having very much a martial relationship (with all the trimmings) until I walked in on him AGAIN. Needless to say, they are now married and expecting (We haven't even been divorced a year)!

My current situation with my boyfriend involves his ex-wife and her constantly butting into our relationship. She is extremely upset that he has moved on and has talked 'future' with me. She has a boyfriend, one who she was moving to Virginia with - now since I am in the picture she let him moved and stayed here! She has made physical threats, emails, calls constantly, begs for him to go back to her, and has even gone as far as accusing me of pushing her 5 year old daughter around. Since none of that got me out of the picture she began telling 'stories' of her past with my boyfriend (her ex-husband) to her parents (our fathers work together, small world). The info got to my father and they are now warning me of him and want me out of the relationship.

In no way shape or form has what she spread have anything to do with OUR current relationship and he has given me no reason to believe them (she said he is abusive and does drugs). He has NEVER hit me nor has the money or items to even consider drug dealing! She just wants me out and will do all she can until I am gone. Well....I am moving out now. I can't take it.

He in no way turned to her for any kind of support. She found out about us and went unglued. I understand they must talk (they share a daughter) but she is forcing me out and not getting her way back in. This is in NO way MY fault and our relationship is very much between he and I and he and I alone!

Please, unless you have experienced a similar situation (or even heard the story in it's entirety) don't place judgement or make comments that are so silly. How can it be the wife's or husband's fault. The ex needs to butt out and move on....the marriage didn't work for a reason!

October 23, 2006, 1:30 pm CDT

10/25 Home Wreckers

Marriages don't exist in a vacuum. The members of a marriage are vulnerable to stress. Even the best of marriages have limits to the stress they can take.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last