Message Boards

Topic : Tired of Being Single

Number of Replies: 3875
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:12:41 pm
Author : dataimport

Have you had enough of the single life? What are you doing to find happiness? Share your story. For your safety and privacy, please do not post personal information such as phone numbers, addresses, social security numbers or any other private information. Please use common sense when using this message board and never give out your personal information online.

You participate on the Message Boards at your own risk. Responsibility for postings under your identification and disclosing personal information about yourself is done at your own risk. DrPhil.com takes no responsibility for such postings.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 11, 2009, 8:07 am CDT

Please don't take everything Kimi says to be...right

Quote From: kimikomine

It is very possible that the guys your age do not want someone with a child already so you are going to attract a more sophisticated bunch. Not everyone wants to be around a young person especially when they are in the throes of their young life at age 30. You made a decision to be a parent, so now you are living the life of a mom, only without a dad. Making the decision to have a child is big and with it comes ups and downs. Ups being all the love and needing and friendship and responsibility to be a good parent and then successfully being one. The downs, all the love and needing and friendship and responsibilty leaves only a little time for anything else. This is why people get married and have children so that they don't have to do it alone.

I had many opportunity to have children, but didn't because I didn't want to face being a single mom. It is a choice I do not regret but with it comes the emptiness of not having roots of my own. I haven't resorted to dating online because I met my ex through a similar method, only to find out he was not a very nice person. It is better to know the person the best you can so that you don't have any sudden surprises that can throw you out of the water. At your age, you should be thinking about your career, raising your child and being a role model for them, love will come.

Another thing you will want to look into would be single dads with kids. There are more out there then you can imagine. Some men that have custody tend to be unable to give time to their women because they have careers, then homelife, but somehow you can fit nicely into a groove that already has a made family as well. Don't be kidding yourself to think that only 15 lbs is no big deal. In the dating world, you must remain slim at all times. Men do not like chubbies. They want model types so don't kid yourself. Get to a gym or start a diet your choices will much more if you shake those few lbs. Men are still very shallow and want a women that will make them look good.

I am 48 and single; probably will be for the rest of my life. But I had enough relationships in the past to hold me over for 10 lifetimes. Learn about yourself and delve into something that excites you. You may also be single the rest of your life. You will need something that makes you feel good about yourself. This is more important than some fleeting love affair. Good luck and if you do go on line for dates, expect to spend a lot of money traveling, and meeting a lot of lonely losers. Find your passion and  you will find your love.

"You will spend a lot of money traveling, and meeting a lot of lonely losers". 

What if your passion is meeting new people or traveling?

"I had many opportunity to have children, but didn't because I didn't want to face being a single mom".

This statement sounds like you either had a negative outlook in the relationship you was in or you knowingly settled down with the wrong person.

" Some men that have custody tend to be unable to give time to their women because they have careers, then homelife".

Again... not completely true. It has a lot to do with the age of the children.

I have been a single Dad for 5 years now and by law I am the primary care provider of my two older daughters, now 19 and 23. I have met some very good and not so very good women on line. Just like anywhere else. I also have plenty of time to spend with a partner now because they are older and hardly ever home. Kimi does make some good points here but she has never had to learn to compromise like a Mother or Father has had to. And when you find a man that loves you... a "good one" will love ALL OF YOU.

Patience will be the gift of finding the right one...       

August 11, 2009, 9:18 am CDT

Hey !

Quote From: manoman

"You will spend a lot of money traveling, and meeting a lot of lonely losers". 

What if your passion is meeting new people or traveling?

"I had many opportunity to have children, but didn't because I didn't want to face being a single mom".

This statement sounds like you either had a negative outlook in the relationship you was in or you knowingly settled down with the wrong person.

" Some men that have custody tend to be unable to give time to their women because they have careers, then homelife".

Again... not completely true. It has a lot to do with the age of the children.

I have been a single Dad for 5 years now and by law I am the primary care provider of my two older daughters, now 19 and 23. I have met some very good and not so very good women on line. Just like anywhere else. I also have plenty of time to spend with a partner now because they are older and hardly ever home. Kimi does make some good points here but she has never had to learn to compromise like a Mother or Father has had to. And when you find a man that loves you... a "good one" will love ALL OF YOU.

Patience will be the gift of finding the right one...       

How are you? I re read my post and can see how it "might"come across as if I am implying something about losers, traveling and kids. Please don't read my post as a personal message. It totally has nothing to do with anything, ok? I have met some really nice, wonderful, loving men online. I met a schmuk through a radio station, not online. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :()

August 11, 2009, 1:14 pm CDT

Was I talking to you? :-)

Quote From: kimikomine

How are you? I re read my post and can see how it "might"come across as if I am implying something about losers, traveling and kids. Please don't read my post as a personal message. It totally has nothing to do with anything, ok? I have met some really nice, wonderful, loving men online. I met a schmuk through a radio station, not online. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :()

I am still alive and kicking it...

Hey, it is what it is... you were just sharing your own personal opinion and experiences and I can respect that.  I was just giving mine.

I do appreciate responding back... and take care. 

August 25, 2009, 6:13 am CDT

What???

I am still alive and kicking it...

Hey, it is what it is... you were just sharing your own personal opinion and experiences and I can respect that.  I was just giving mine.

I do appreciate responding back... and take care. 

No reply back... Sheesh  :-)

August 26, 2009, 8:50 am CDT

Hi. How are you????

No reply back... Sheesh  :-)
I don't see you on here much so I just didnt think to write. Do you go on the new board?  I hear you got some heavy duty floods by you. Is everything ok now? Lots of rain this summer..bad for the tomatoes...it seems...good for peppers....:)

First | Prev | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | Next Page | Last Page