Message Boards

Topic : 11/06 The Lie Detector

Number of Replies: 1236
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 03, 2006, 12:57:52 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil vowed to find out the truth behind accusations that Jeremy molested his 3-year-old daughter, Kaylee. Krista and Bonii, Kaylee’s mom and grandmother, brought videos to Dr. Phil to try to back up their charges against Jeremy, yet Jeremy maintained his innocence, insisting that Kaylee was coached to say bad things about him. Now, both sides are back after taking lie detector tests administered by a highly skilled polygrapher. Have Krista and Bonii been honest with Dr. Phil about their feelings and actions? Did Jeremy pass his lie detector test? Plus, did anyone try to use tactics to defeat the test? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 3, 2006, 11:59 pm CST

The Lie Detector Test..

I'm not sure who the bigger liair is here...I think all parties involved here have something to hide, as to what that "something" is I am not quite sure but I hope for the sake of that beautiful little girl that her father has not been molesting her.

November 4, 2006, 1:38 am CST

No way, No how....

Dr. Phil,

My name is Julania and I was watching your show Friday and could not believe my eyes... For one, I, as a mother, would never let my child go anywhere I thought she was being molested, even if it were her father... Not till the situation was settled.. he could visit with her supervised... Sorry Dr. Phil, I don't believe this guy... Don't mean to be judgemental but there was just something about him... maybe it was the long answers, having to think about his answer... The fathers of my children would have knocked anyone in the chops for such a suggestion and this guy has to "think about it".... 

And for two, what these parents are doing to their child with the visitation pickup in my opinion is torture... Can't they see that the way they are handling it is obviously not working.... She needs to visit with daddy in a more comfortable environment until the feels safe in going with him... Maybe mommy need not be there when daddy picks her up... let someone she's not so attached to give her to daddy....  (I know your the doctor... just giving my opinion)

November 4, 2006, 2:25 am CST

dealing with the system

I am glad that somebody is trying to help this little girl, but I have to disagree with Dr. Phil on one aspect.  CPS does not always do what they are supposed to...they don't necessarily jump to the aid of a child that may need help.  I live in Indiana and know personally of an instance where my mother-in-law called CPS on my sister-in-law on two seperate occasions for leaving her kids unattended while she and her husband ran around for hours on end.  On both occasions, they said they would investigate, but they never even contacted anyone in the family.  Also, my mom once worked in our local school system with mentally handicapped children.  As is true with any child, if one of the kids said they were being touched inappropriately at home, they contacted the proper authorities.  Most generally the response from CPS was that if they took the kids away from their family and put them in foster care, they would probably be molested there too, and it was better to just leave them where they were at.  I know it probably sounds like I live in a bad area where we might have a high crime rate, but it might interest you to know that the city I am referring to was just ranked the 11th safest city to live in here in the United States! 

November 4, 2006, 4:50 am CST

Don't be fooled by CPS

Dr. Phil has a lot of trust in CPS,I have none.My child was 7 years old when he was raped by a cousin,who was 18 years old.My son went to the school and told a counselor,she believed him.She called the state police,they believed him.They called the CPS.But CPS talked to the man who raped my son.Then they told us they did not believe it happened because the man said he didn't do it.I could not believe what they were telling me.I said "of course he is going to say he didn't do it,they always say that."But CPS said they usually admit it.IF it happened after they think they are caught.I called my state rep.Thank God he wasen't stupid.To make a long story short,after the investigation,this man had not just raped my child,he had raped two others.He was sent to prison for 10 years,not long enough,but it beat the hell out of NOTHING.Don't have so much trust in CPS,they are just people too.Some are just drawing the pay for as little work as they can.But I do think there are some who really try to make a difference,wish there were more.

November 4, 2006, 5:52 am CST

Lie Detector

I believe that the Dad is lying.  He took too long in answering Dr. Phil's questions.  If you are being honest you don't hesitate in your response. 

I believe the Mom & Grandma have been prompting the little girl in her responses, stirring up more trouble which is why the child protection services have somewhat dismissed their complaints.  Had they been more reserved in their complaints and not blown everything up (like the visistation exchanges, etc) the authorities might have listened more intently.  The authorities deal with parents constantly who make things worse where the children are concerned.  They (the ex's) try to make it to where the children don't want to go with the other just because they don't like the ex.  That's not fair to the children.  It's still their parent.  Don't use the children as pawns to get back at your ex.

On the other hand, it looks like there is valid reason the girl should not be going with the Dad.  He has a lot to hide, and I suspect that he was also molested when he was younger judging from his responses.

Dr. Phil WILL get to the bottom of this, and get help to all of the parties involved!!!

November 4, 2006, 6:19 am CST

Very upsetting

Dr Phils show with this little 3 yr old possible melister is just a nightmare for me... I can relate so much to this... What upsets  me some is Dr Phils trust in the system. Yet I know the system is set up to work. But believe me it dosn't always. My two kids fell through the crack in the system when they were 10 & 12 ...(1999)  they are now 19 & 21 and I see through this show that the system has not changed much. Any inteligent person with eyes to see and hears to hear and a heart willing to look into it as far as it needs to go. (As I know Dr Phil is willing to do) can tell what is truely happening. With this being a election year I only pray that the crack can be repaired.

The system doesn't have the skills or training all together to deal with these situation properly. I know with my case the police questioned my son about what was being reported in the house there along with his Father... While I was in the hospital at the time. They trusted that my son would be able to over come the fear or the unknown and tell them something  they wanted to know. I know from personal experience that doesn't work. The fear/Love  relationship that a child has for their parent is a very strong influence in a young child's life.  (Especially when the abuse has been going on since a small child) They let my son remain in a dangerous inviroment because they couldn't find enough substantial evidence.  And my sons father was in the process of brainwashing and  making sure that the kids would remain with him and reject me as their Mother. (So he wouldn't have to pay child support) As Oprah would say ... "the Melster is very good at what he does and very convincing and well thought out. Major Con artist and munipulator"

This is not right... the proof is in the fruits ... My son is now 19 and so messed up... drugs, highschool drop out.. fathered a son of his own.. (now 7 months old) who may fall through the even larger crack now. Both my kids havn't had proper contact with me their Mother since, I feel partly it's because of the brain washing but also that I didn't protect them better from their father and this damaging situation.

Dr Phil I can't beleive you can't see this for what it is??? Yet I know this is a taped "show "and the end is already there. Watching it in this manner is just very hard to do. When there is a inocent child involved. Praise God you put a 3rd party observer in there to help some.  I see this guy as a real peice of work. When he couldn't even answer a simple question about the cake... and yes he had a diaper in the Locked bathroom ... in his mind he had the diaper that the little one was already in. He just made me sick watching him... Because he is a sick person who can't differnceate truth from a lie. After so many years of lieing to himself and others. 

As far as the Mother's coaching is concerned ... well it does happen and some times needs to happen to allow the child to be able to say what they don't know how to put into words... I know I would have needed the words at 3 yrs old to say what was happening to me as a child... In my mind I thought it was just Fatherly affection that was normal and natural. That's why I felt it was ok when my Father did the same to the other girls in the neighborhood. Since their Fathers didn't love them the same as my father loved me. This is how a small child can think when dealing with the unthinkable.

I just wanted to vent some emotions & feelings that I found while viewing this "show"...(hate that word when dealing with such a serious subject as this)

I do thank Dr Phil for his heart for the Children. Yet there are so many adult children of this kind of  pain... I'm afraid Dr Phil can't help us all. (Thank God for Jesus who can & does)

November 4, 2006, 6:23 am CST

So true

Quote From: swampwitch

Dr. Phil has a lot of trust in CPS,I have none.My child was 7 years old when he was raped by a cousin,who was 18 years old.My son went to the school and told a counselor,she believed him.She called the state police,they believed him.They called the CPS.But CPS talked to the man who raped my son.Then they told us they did not believe it happened because the man said he didn't do it.I could not believe what they were telling me.I said "of course he is going to say he didn't do it,they always say that."But CPS said they usually admit it.IF it happened after they think they are caught.I called my state rep.Thank God he wasen't stupid.To make a long story short,after the investigation,this man had not just raped my child,he had raped two others.He was sent to prison for 10 years,not long enough,but it beat the hell out of NOTHING.Don't have so much trust in CPS,they are just people too.Some are just drawing the pay for as little work as they can.But I do think there are some who really try to make a difference,wish there were more.
Thanks for sharing ... I too know that the system has major cracks and flaws. True many are there for the paycheck only and no more and aren't properly trained to see things clearly and don't want to really deal with the truth either.

November 4, 2006, 7:28 am CST

I feel sorry for that child

Quote From: sandyc1960

Thanks for sharing ... I too know that the system has major cracks and flaws. True many are there for the paycheck only and no more and aren't properly trained to see things clearly and don't want to really deal with the truth either.

I am a Mother and if I KNEW my daughter was being molested by this man who is trying to get custody, I would leave the country if I had to, just to keep her safe. This child IS being abused....hospital report...and THAT I can clearly see from the mention of the tear to her private area.

As for CPS..oh Dr. Phil, Dr. Phil, your heart is in the right place but hon, you may want to conduct an investigation on that because no one wants to talk about it...it is too scary....but I have worked with and for the system and the flaws are countless...too many for one person to do anything about...and I promise you for those that honestly try...they lose their job....but don't take my word for it...conduct one of your own private investigatiions and see for yourself.

I hope someone helps this poor child...it makes me sick to think about it

November 4, 2006, 7:47 am CST

Dumbfounded!!!

i watch Dr. Phil show daily, never miss a show, and I have high respects for the man, but he totally shocked me today. I cannot believe that as smart as Dr. Phil is, that he believes so strongly that what CPS says is is the the absolute truth all of the time. This is so not the case. As a past Rape Crisis Director who worked with not only rape victims, but victims of child sexual and physical abuse and neglegt, and a Grandmother who has fought over and over with the system to get my own grandchildren help....I know for a fact that CPS turns their back on many, many cases of child neglect, abuse, sexual/physical, and emotional. Not all of the time of course, but sadly way too many. In my past professional expierences with them in several states, I have found that a lot depends on the worker who does the initial investigation. If it is a gung ho worker who is smart as a whip...street smart, not so necessary book smart, then you have a fighting chance of getting good help. I have also have in the past dealt with workers that for many different reasons in their own life, let their own personal opinions interfere with their so-called professional opinion, therefore blocking their judgement in making good sound decisions and investigations. Then there is the workers that are just plain (and this goes to either being street smart vs. book smart) not smart enough to look beyond the first impressions, in other words the offenders can outwit the workers very easily, ex: worker calls to set up an interview (stupid in my opinion) offenders have plenty of time to clean up the house, get food in the house, warn children of what to say or not say, and put on the "happy Beaver Family" act. I have seen this over and over and no further visits resulted. End of case, until sadly down the road when something horribly wrong happens to the child. Then  they get involved full speed, but that is too late in my opinion. Not when that could have been derailed if initial reports were taken seriously. Happens all too often sadly.

Secondly, anyone in their right mind can see through the terror in this child that SOMETHING is going on. And for Dr. Phil to say the mother and grandmother is egging on the historonics in the child is really upsetting. What mother would not take that child in her arms and hold her tight, comfort her if the child was that upset, that determined that she did not want to go and making statements that they were hurting her??? My God, read more into what the child is saying, how she is acting and reacting to the situation and less time in making excuses as to why she is doing it. There is something wrong, very wrong when a child is acting that upset like that especially one that young. Those emotions and fears can not be coached into a child that young, not like that. Please help that little baby. Please before it really is too late, and then everyone has to say "If we had only....."

November 4, 2006, 7:54 am CST

The Lie Detector Test.

This is one of your most empathatic shows and like you I can't decipher the guilty person , or persons, but it is obvious that the little girl in question is in danger of being scarred for life if corrective action isn't taken, and sooner rather than later.  The sense of guilt hangs over the head of the father, but then the mother and grandmother both have perceived guilt hanging over them.   As stated a lie detector test is I understand, inadmissible in law, but can be a valuable tool in assessing innocence or guilt..

My main question Dr Phil is , why weren't all the parties concerned not offered the lie detector tests?   Surely there is enough evidence of possible collusion in the mother, grandmother, and also the new wife.  I believe in only requesting the LDT from the husband alone has already tainted his results, as we both know, the LDT isn't infalible, but if all parties took the same test, the results may be more revealing.

Thanks for this opportunity to speak my thoughts.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last