Message Boards

Topic : 11/20 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins, The Intervention

Number of Replies: 282
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 17, 2006, 12:50:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Sarah and Tecoa are 25-year-old twin sisters who had a normal childhood until their mom and stepfather divorced, and their world changed forever. Sarah and Tecoa say to fill the void, they turned to drugs and sex. Now, Sarah lives minute to minute on the streets, consumed with her quest for heroin and crack cocaine, and selling her body to pay for her drugs. Tecoa is currently clean, but not by choice. She’s been in jail, unable to do anything but think about drugs. She’s also six months pregnant. Joani, a former Dr. Phil guest and recovering addict herself, found Sarah on the streets and documented her days and nights for a month. Dr. Phil shows video footage to the twins’ mother, Cindy. How did she let her daughters’ lives get so out of control? Dr. Phil gets the twins off the street and into The Dr. Phil House to detox, and to get their lives back. With surprise visits from their past, a terrifying look into their future, and Dr. Phil helping them through it all, will Sarah and Tecoa commit to rehab and stay clean? Talk about the show here.

Please note: The on-the-street footage in this series was filmed by a concerned outside party and sent to the Dr. Phil show.  Upon receipt of this compelling video, the Dr. Phil show began immediate efforts to plan and arrange necessary interventions and inspire these young adults to get out of harm’s way.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 17, 2006, 2:27 pm CST

11/20 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins, The Intervention

its so sad to see people on drugs!  drugs will  mess a persons life up!  it not only hurts them but the ones that love them too.  they really need help before it kills them.  i will be praying for them!!!!  its so sad, my heart goes out to them!!  drugs are killing people and   i wish  that  we can keep more drug dealers off the streets.    they only care for the money and not who they hurt.   doing drugs is a sin!   people should think before they even try drugs.  but most people don't think about the harm it can cause them. only  how it makes them feel at the time.   drugs can mess up your whole life,it can make you steal,lie,loose things, like your house,friends,it will  end up killing you!    drugs are nothing to play around with.   people that are on drugs  can only get help if they want it and with the help from Jesus.  Jesus can  save you from the drugs!  wish the best for them!

November 17, 2006, 3:21 pm CST

OFFERING MY SERVICES TO ANOTHER STRUGGLING RECOVING ADDICTION

upset because your forcing then to get clean when they have not surrender with the disease of addiction. they have to do it on there own and for them i was clean for 7 years because i was sick and tired of the addiction so i surrender and and relaps3e because of complencey so please call me or invite to ur show cause i have some nowledge about the disease of addiction. hope to here from u Dr.Phil. i'll be waiting. they can't not get clean until they surrender from the disease of addiction  thnk you eddie 69 ed

. WRITE BACK PLEASE......................................................................................

November 18, 2006, 4:05 am CST

genetic addiction

Isn't It ironic that both ( the twins) are addicts...............or not.  Genetic disposition to addiction is real, I see it in my own family.

November 18, 2006, 6:35 am CST

Action, now!

Drugs are such evil.

I think all governments of the world should unite and make an serious action-plan for destroying all of those plantages in the east, where the drugs are mainly and actually produced, and it should not be a question of will - all drugaddicts MUST be put in hospitals and MADE clean!!!!

November 18, 2006, 7:27 am CST

Know the Signs...

How can you tell if a friend is using heroin? Signs and symptoms of heroin use are:

• Euphoria
  • Drowsiness
  • Impaired mental functioning
  • Slowed down respiration
  • Constricted pupils
  • Nausea

Signs of a heroin overdose include:

• Shallow breathing
  • Pinpoint pupils
  • Clammy skin
  • Convulsions
  • Coma

What can you do to help someone who is using heroin? Be a real friend. Save a life. Encourage your friend to stop or seek professional help. For information and referrals, call the National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information at 800-729-6686.

The bottom line:  If you know someone who uses heroin, urge him or her to get help. If you're using it -- stop! The longer you ignore the real facts, the more chances you take with your life.

It's never too late. Talk to your parents, a doctor, a counselor, a teacher, or another adult you trust.

Do it today!

November 18, 2006, 9:54 am CST

well dr phil maybe some parents will see just how easy it is for our children to obtain these killer drugs

as to what they will do to a person i pray no one will ever have to go through the pain of finding out

November 18, 2006, 9:56 am CST

Quote From: bosnian_girl

Drugs are such evil.

I think all governments of the world should unite and make an serious action-plan for destroying all of those plantages in the east, where the drugs are mainly and actually produced, and it should not be a question of will - all drugaddicts MUST be put in hospitals and MADE clean!!!!

i'm not quite sure you have ever dealt with too many people that are seriously addicted, because if you had you would know that you can not force an addict to be "made clean".  i just watched my son go back into court yesterday, fail yet another u.a., and go off once again in handcuffs.  this judge says "go to rehab".  he's been to rehab on three other occasions.  will this time work?  probably not.  why?  because he is not ready.  i know this because he has been using and in the court system and in jails for now 8 years.  he's almost 21.  i agree with you that all drugs should be destroyed, but that is not the answer either.  most of what is in the drugs my son is using are household items.  this is not intended to make you angry at me for what i have to say, but i know quite alot about this epidemic.  courts ordering  people into rehabs is a complete waste of time, all it is doing is generating revenue to those rehabs.  you have to want to quit.  right now, like so many, he is not ready.  he may never be ready.  i have resigned myself to the possibility that i may have to bury my son. 
again, this is not intended to upset anyone, but you cannot make a person clean.

November 18, 2006, 10:04 am CST

heroin twins COMMENT

this is there cry for help and for them to travel all the way to LA, and move into the  DR PHIL HOUSE..
Good for them, I really hope they listen and learn, i didnt see the show yet but, i really hope they both recover, i believe in them!!!! =)

Thank You!
~John

November 18, 2006, 10:47 am CST

for any one not able to be lucky enough to get dr phils help personaly maybe this will be of some assistance<>

We Help You Find Your Way! Call 1-800-NoDrugs Now!

Heroin Addiction

Heroin
There has been a radical shift in the statistics of drug use, particularly when it comes to heroin drug abuse and heroin addiction. While the abuse of such gateway drugs as marijuana seem to be leveling out, heroin abuse, heroine addiction, and the use and abuse of other permanently debilitating drugs is on the rise. This is an alarming trend.

So called 'casual' use of heroin has become so common place in the United States that there are now estimated to be some 600,000 people suffering the ills of heroin addiction and in need of treatment. While the percentage of intravenous heroin abuse has changed little, there is a frightening increase in other forms of heroin drug abuse such as smoking or sniffing the drug.
 Get The Facts 

Below find links to the statistics for some of the major drug and/or alcohol problem areas In the Midwest of the United States.

• Illinois
• Indiana
• Iowa
• Kansas
• Michigan
• Nebraska
• Ohio
• Wisconsin

It seems America's youth appear to be buying into the very dangerous misconception that as long as they do not use or abuse heroin intravenously, they will not become a heroin addict. Nothing more could be further from the truthIf you or a love one suffers from the ills of heroin drug abuse or heroin addiction and is in need of heroine addiction treatment… please, please let Midwestdrugrehab.com help today!
We Help You Find Your Way! Call 1-800-NoDrugs Now!

November 18, 2006, 11:11 am CST

the twins are in for a bad ride

when they have to go through withdrawles my heart feels for them i saw first hand what a person coming off of heroin gose through and it wasnt plesant by no means,,you know i think if people would see before they use they might not ever even try drugs out,all it takes to hook you is that 1 little test drive,dr phil i hope this show will make alot of people stop and think, and i hope every thing works out for the twins, i know there in good hands with you, thank you for careing, [not many do,] your a special person god has placed here to help,

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last