Message Boards

Topic : 03/30 Nightmare Brides and Grooms

Number of Replies: 435
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 17, 2006, 12:52:01 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/21/06) Contemporary weddings have turned into five-star productions, with couples pulling out all the stops to shine on their special day. But what happens when the bride- or groom-to-be starts making diva-like demands? Mike and Jamie agreed to a small Vegas wedding, but that went out the window when Jamie switched her gown three times, rented a limo to drive her one block and upgraded her engagement ring. Mike says that Jamie also made him un-invite all of his friends and cancel his bachelor party! Are Jamie’s antics a hint of what’s to come in their marriage? Then, Nastassia complains that her husband-to-be, Richard, is cheap. She says he wants her to buy bridal flowers from the grocery store, have her mom sew her gown and even schedule the wedding before year's end so he can get a tax write-off! Will Richard’s tightwad ways force Nastassia to call off the wedding?  Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 17, 2006, 3:25 pm CST

take off the ring, and make a run for it!

These marriages haven't even happened yet and they are already headed for trouble.  Making someone cancel their bachelor party, and uninviting guests is very rude, controlling, and downright stupid.  This woman is manipulative control freak.  This groom should cancel the wedding.  How would she feel if he made her cancel her bachelorette party?  And as far as Natassia goes, leave that bumb, he's a cheapskate.  Any man who wants you to buy flowers at the grocery store and have a dress sewn simply because he's looking for a tax break? isn't someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, things are only going to get worse when you live together.  There's a difference between being a smart shopper, spender and then there's people who are just cheap.  As far as the other woman who's groom told her that if she started taking birth control, the wedding was off I say give him his ring back.  He's very superficial and already shows signs of controlling behavior.

These cast members would save themselves a lot of emotional stress and money if they just cut their losses and move on!!!!!

November 17, 2006, 6:52 pm CST

FOR LOVE???

Are these people truly in love or do they jusy want a big show?

My wedding cost less than $150. My dress was hand -made, my decorations bought as seconds and/or hand- made. The food my bridal party made and I had a very nice little wedding in our small church. We've been married 11 years and renewed our vows last year w/ the same pastor (a family friend)

One of my best-friend's in wedding tomorrow and pulling out her hair, it's also costing her a small fortune she can ill afford. One of my other friends has stated on many occasions that out of all the weddings she's been to, mine was the nicest 'cause it was simple and sincere.

I feel for these people 'cause they're bound to remember the stress more than the celebration

November 17, 2006, 8:21 pm CST

11/21 Nightmare Brides and Grooms

Quote From: faeryedark

Are these people truly in love or do they jusy want a big show?

My wedding cost less than $150. My dress was hand -made, my decorations bought as seconds and/or hand- made. The food my bridal party made and I had a very nice little wedding in our small church. We've been married 11 years and renewed our vows last year w/ the same pastor (a family friend)

One of my best-friend's in wedding tomorrow and pulling out her hair, it's also costing her a small fortune she can ill afford. One of my other friends has stated on many occasions that out of all the weddings she's been to, mine was the nicest 'cause it was simple and sincere.

I feel for these people 'cause they're bound to remember the stress more than the celebration

I agree. I did not have a pricey wedding either but I wouldn't trade that day for any thing, Hubby and I are going on 14 years of marraige and we get along very well, I am so in love with this guy, I cannot imagine being apart from him. marriage is hard enough, certainly doesn't need selfish self centered people involved in them. I say, give the rings back and run. better to be single then to enter a marriage that is only going to end up in divorce which chances are it will because they are getting started off on the wrong foot.

November 18, 2006, 8:27 am CST

11/21 Nightmare Brides and Grooms

I like how the one guy said he didn't want his fiance to go on birth control because she may gain weight......................... because getting her pregnant won't make her gain weight!

Wonder if he thought about that one.

November 18, 2006, 10:19 am CST

Traditionally the Bride's Day

If he is that controlling over the particulars of the wedding, she may want to give back the ring and find another mate. If he is paying for the wedding, he should explain to her the budgeted amounts and ask her if she wants to move some funds from A to B. Perhaps invitations aren't as important to her as flowers. Then, let her pick want she wants from the categories within the budget. I have used our store's floral department for centerpieces, dances, and a wedding reception at my home. It was more cost efficient than a florist shop, and I received just want I wanted.

November 18, 2006, 11:28 am CST

Nastassia and Richard

Nastassia better seriously rethink marrying someone like Richard!  Of course it is only going to get worse!  There is nothing wrong in saving money.  Also I don't believe in putting big money on a wedding, unless you are rich, but please, buying her flowers from a grocery store.  Nastassia better slow down and maybe even consider putting off the wedding for now!  I don't know how long she has known Richard, but he sounds just a little strange.

NCHorseLady

November 18, 2006, 11:39 am CST

Show Her the Door

Mike should show Jamie the door and tell her to be careful to not let it her on the way out.  Really!  Life is too short to marry someone who isn't really your best friend. 

November 18, 2006, 11:59 am CST

Matrimania

These people are kidding themselves if they think that all this bad behavior is not indicitive as to what sort of marriage they will have. A lot of couples don't understand that a piece of paper does not make someone change. If they are a controlling bride/groomzilla now, they will be a controlling wife/husband zilla later. I haven't seen the show yet (obviously) but that Jamie girl sounds like someone right out of that show Bridezillas.

The wedding industry is FULL of sharks peddling stuff to couples (brides in particular) that they make them feel they MUST have. FI and I are in the midst of planning our own wedding and have found the attitudes of some people to be appalling. First of all, we are planning and paying for everything on our own. For some, the idea of a 23 and 24 year old paying for their own wedding is laughable. You would not imagine some of the funny looks we have gotten from some potential vendors. Our budget is 5,000 and with lots of careful research, we are still underbudget and will have a very nice wedding from champagne to a meal.

Where along the lines have we taught people that this type of behavior is acceptable? Why is it that so many people are willing to ruin friendships and other relationships over ONE DAY?? Is a 6 hour party really worth going into debt and losing people close to you? It seems too many people have forgotten that after a WEDDING comes a MARRIAGE.

November 18, 2006, 12:17 pm CST

two sides

Quote From: wiraptfamo

Mike should show Jamie the door and tell her to be careful to not let it her on the way out.  Really!  Life is too short to marry someone who isn't really your best friend. 
There are two sides to every story.  Maybe you should watch the show before you make judgements

November 18, 2006, 12:19 pm CST

Two sides

I feel there are two sides to every story and weddings can be very stressful for both people. Maybe Mike did not want Jamie going to a bachlorette party? Maybe she did not have one? I would say watch the show before you make judgments on people. It amazes me how people can read a little intro and then judge people.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last