Message Boards

Topic : 01/02 Wacky Resolutions

Number of Replies: 53
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 28, 2006, 04:49:21 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
When the New Year comes around, most people resolve to lose weight and stop smoking, but Dr. Phil’s guests have odd New Year’s resolutions, and they need help making them stick. Laura is afraid of bulging eyes and big teeth -- not on people, but on costumed characters and clowns! She won't even take her son to an amusement park because she's too scared she might see a fuzzy creature. Laura goes backstage with Dr. Lawlis, chairman of the Dr. Phil advisory board, to learn how to overcome her fear. See what happens when she's put to the test at the end of the show. Then, Cindy says computers will take over the world and suck people's brains out. She has even lost jobs because she believes the mouse could shock her to death. Despite her concerns, she still wants to become computer savvy. Will Dr. Phil's plan get Cindy to overcome her fear of technology? And, Greta, 22, is so attached to an old blanket she calls her "Tee Tee" that she fears it may come between her and her fiancé in bed. How can she learn to let go of the tattered object? Plus, Lisa lectures people everyday at work about keeping up a habit that’s good for their health, yet she is too lazy to do it herself. What's the dirty secret she wants to resolve for 2007, and why is it such a big deal? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 2, 2007, 4:28 pm CST

Resolutions

I have several resolutions for 2007.  First and first most like many people...I want to loose at least 80 pounds, I gained over 30 pounds since I had my daughter from breastfeeding.  Second my partner and I want to stop agruing ALL the time, and find a solution to this, so we don't cause anything negative to our daughter, one of our BIG concerns.  Third and last I want to get out of debt.  No more debt for 2007.  I don't know if these are realistic or not.  But I do want them to be accomplish and see them accomplish.  

January 2, 2007, 4:39 pm CST

Alternate

Quote From: kemwhav

Ok my resolution is to stop drinking so much soda.  I use to drink a great deal of Coca-cola and then started to suffer from panic attacks.  I tried to stop cold turkey and then i suffered from migraines.  I know drink decaffinated sodas (7-up, rootbeer, decaffinated coke.)  If anyone has any suggestions as to what to do.  I would appreciate them.  Thank you.

I had to get off sodas too (still drink them now and then) because i kept getting UTI's and needed to drink water.  My suggestion is to alternate soda drinking with drinking water, then slowly wean off it.  Like, drink  soda every other drink, then every 2 drinks, every 3 drinks...finally down to 1 a day (but over time like a couple of months?).  It might cut down on the migraines. 

BTW, it's a good tip to alternate with alcohol to cut down on hangovers the next day (hangovers often occur because of dehydration).

January 2, 2007, 4:42 pm CST

Stage Fright

Hi, This show was great! I wish Dr. Phil would do a show on how to get over Stage Fright. Ever since I can remember I have had the fear of singing in front of people. In high school I thought I'd take some choir classes but on the first day when we were supposed to sing as a group, I couldn't open my mouth. Right after that class I dropped out of the class. I never took another choir class until college in 1998 and 1999. I was determined to sing. I finally started singing with a group but find it very difficult to sing as a soloist in front of people. And then, in 2002 and 2003 I attended a University and again took choir and private lessons but again, I continued to get very anxious when it was time to sing in front of people, even when I was very well prepared. Please help. It is one of my life long aspirations to not only conqure this fear but to also become a happy and professional singer. Thank you!

January 2, 2007, 4:49 pm CST

greta dilemma

I think it would be sweet to see Greta take the remnants of her blankie and stuff it in a cute little pony and just trail a bit of the strongest web and leave it out for part of the tail!.  she will have it forever!...however, if she'd like to see it always I like the shadowbox idea with pics through the years of the stages of wear it went through!!  :-)   It is vintage now after all  LOL

Sally

January 2, 2007, 4:53 pm CST

I have a blankie too!!

My husband called me into the living room after flipping through channels this evening and seeing Greta's blanket. I didn't come in right away, and he said, "no really, you have to come in here".  I have one almost identical!! I'm 29 and still find mine just as comforting. I forgot it one year that I went to summer camp and my mom actually cut a corner off of it and mailed it to me, LOL. It's definately my dirty little secret that my husband has tolerated for the last couple of years we've been together.  Now that I'm nearing 30 and have a 6 month old son, I certainly have considered putting it away, but didn't think it was hurting anyone, so why?? Now I know I'm not the only blankie keeper! Thanks Greta!

January 2, 2007, 4:54 pm CST

01/02 Wacky Resolutions

Quote From: gwarrior6

I had to get off sodas too (still drink them now and then) because i kept getting UTI's and needed to drink water.  My suggestion is to alternate soda drinking with drinking water, then slowly wean off it.  Like, drink  soda every other drink, then every 2 drinks, every 3 drinks...finally down to 1 a day (but over time like a couple of months?).  It might cut down on the migraines. 

BTW, it's a good tip to alternate with alcohol to cut down on hangovers the next day (hangovers often occur because of dehydration).

just a couple tips for you guys trying to give up the soda - i gave it up too

keep in mind there's about 150 calories in 8 oz of the stuff - approximately one spoonful of sugar per ounce - just for fun, put 8 spoonfuls of sugar in a glass of water and taste it - woooo!~*blah*~!!

and if its Coca-cola, have you ever tried the rusty nail trick? you put a rusty nail in a glass of cola overnite and it will take the rust off, so think about what you're doing to your insides ?!!!

if you need more inspiration, go here http://www.alternet.org/story/45498/

January 2, 2007, 5:07 pm CST

Coca cola

Quote From: lunastar

just a couple tips for you guys trying to give up the soda - i gave it up too

keep in mind there's about 150 calories in 8 oz of the stuff - approximately one spoonful of sugar per ounce - just for fun, put 8 spoonfuls of sugar in a glass of water and taste it - woooo!*blah*!!

and if its Coca-cola, have you ever tried the rusty nail trick? you put a rusty nail in a glass of cola overnite and it will take the rust off, so think about what you're doing to your insides ?!!!

if you need more inspiration, go here http://www.alternet.org/story/45498/

I put Coca cola on a rag and use it to de-rust the corrosion on the nodes before using jumper cables.

January 2, 2007, 5:52 pm CST

01/02 Wacky Resolutions

Quote From: gwarrior6

I put Coca cola on a rag and use it to de-rust the corrosion on the nodes before using jumper cables.

yup!

its scary to think that i used to drink 3-4 cans of the stuff every day when i was in school and early 20's - i hope the damage is erasable after 20yrs ! yikes

January 2, 2007, 6:47 pm CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Doctor Phil Resoultions Wacky. Are you kiddtng me? I use to love clowns aswell when I was little and I uuse to watch 'Bugs Bunny and Road Runner Show' aswell. See you tomorrow---

Afternoon. Sincerley Your. Russell

January 2, 2007, 6:47 pm CST

use hypnotherapy for anxiety

Quote From: dahllaura

Hi, This show was great! I wish Dr. Phil would do a show on how to get over Stage Fright. Ever since I can remember I have had the fear of singing in front of people. In high school I thought I'd take some choir classes but on the first day when we were supposed to sing as a group, I couldn't open my mouth. Right after that class I dropped out of the class. I never took another choir class until college in 1998 and 1999. I was determined to sing. I finally started singing with a group but find it very difficult to singas a soloistin front of people. And then, in 2002 and 2003 I attended a University and again took choir and private lessons but again, I continued to get very anxious when it was time to sing in front of people, even when I was very well prepared. Please help. It is one of my life long aspirations to not onlyconqure this fear but to also become a happy and professional singer. Thank you!

Hypnotherapy will help you deal with any type of anxiety or fear. When Dr. Phil uses Dr. Frank Lawless he always mentions relaxation and desensitization with fears. Find a good hypnotherapist in your area and you can get rid of your life time fears. It usually only takes between 3-12 sessions.

Paula

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last