Message Boards

Topic : 01/02 Wacky Resolutions

Number of Replies: 53
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 28, 2006, 04:49:21 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
When the New Year comes around, most people resolve to lose weight and stop smoking, but Dr. Phil’s guests have odd New Year’s resolutions, and they need help making them stick. Laura is afraid of bulging eyes and big teeth -- not on people, but on costumed characters and clowns! She won't even take her son to an amusement park because she's too scared she might see a fuzzy creature. Laura goes backstage with Dr. Lawlis, chairman of the Dr. Phil advisory board, to learn how to overcome her fear. See what happens when she's put to the test at the end of the show. Then, Cindy says computers will take over the world and suck people's brains out. She has even lost jobs because she believes the mouse could shock her to death. Despite her concerns, she still wants to become computer savvy. Will Dr. Phil's plan get Cindy to overcome her fear of technology? And, Greta, 22, is so attached to an old blanket she calls her "Tee Tee" that she fears it may come between her and her fiancé in bed. How can she learn to let go of the tattered object? Plus, Lisa lectures people everyday at work about keeping up a habit that’s good for their health, yet she is too lazy to do it herself. What's the dirty secret she wants to resolve for 2007, and why is it such a big deal? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 15, 2007, 6:43 pm CST

New Years Resolutions

Hello Everyone

One thing  about New Year Resolutions when you come up with one. Make sure you can make a resolution something that is attainable. If you choose something so outrageous, and out of the ordinary, or pick something that is on a fantasy level. You will do nothing but frustrate yourself trying to reach something you cant achieve.

This is one reason people don't stick to New Years resolutions. There resolutions are so outrageously high, and so unattainable to where you cannot achieve them, and then you get frustrated, and then you Give Up!!!!!!!

February 4, 2007, 3:10 pm CST

Oh the assininity of it all

Greta, Wake up  ,This carbuncle who thinks a blanket is competition does not deserve you. Dr.Phil, You need to stop feeding that jerks inflated sense of importance. My ex-wife had a blanky throuh our whole marriage and is at this moment sleeping with it under her head.

The only bad thing about security blankets is the nitwits who feel the need to abolish them, and you have dropped at least a full ten points in my book for advocating getting rid of the tee-tee instead of the insecure and arrogant fiance.

February 25, 2007, 10:50 am CST

WACKY RESOLUTIONS

There was someone on the message board that wanted advice on weight loss and lying.I haven't mastered that weight loss thing yet,but I am working on that lying thing.For myself,I had to take a long look at why I lied(past tense because I make a conscious effort not to do this anymore).My reasons ranged from wanting to have friends so badly that I would lie to empathize with  people to lying to feel better about myself.What I found through faith in Jesus Christ is that I don't need to lie;we're all on the same playing field and EVERYBODY  is going through SOMETHING  at one time or another in their lives.So I stopped;occassionally I catch myself,and then I apologize to whomever I lied to and also to God and to myself.I don't need to lie.If you think about it.is there anybody you really need to impress or do you want to be able to look youself in the eye and sleep without windering what lie you'll have to tell to cover the one you already told?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next Page | Last Page