Message Boards

Topic : Over 70 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 1466
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:08:29 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 70.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 23, 2005, 2:41 pm CDT

WELCOME TO OUR NEW BOARD!

Looks as though our new board site is ready for us.We talked about getting back to the basics and reading and discussing Dr Phil's book.I'm hoping we can start working on our weight loss together again by sharing what works.I know it doesn't work just to talk about it.Why don't we each read Chapter one this week and post some of the thoughts that speak out to us.I know when I started reading the WLC I seriously did not eat any place but at the table.Lately I find myself taking some nuts or fruit to munch on when I go to bed.I even have it underlined in red in my book on pg 8.   It's about changing what you eat, why you eat, WHERE YOU EAT, ETC.Changing even one thing at a time is important.I will not snack in bed! WLC buddy Joy

July 24, 2005, 5:10 pm CDT

JOY

Hey Joy,  Where is everyone?  I got back from vacation and there was no board.  LOL  But I kept checking.  You have a great idea getting back into the book.  I have reached my goal, but I am struggling to keep it there.  I will try to start reading the first chapter tomorrow.  I hope all the ladies come back soon.   I will talk to you later.  Dolores 

July 24, 2005, 9:39 pm CDT

WELCOME HOME,DOLORES

Hey Joy, Where is everyone? I got back from vacation and there was no board. LOL But I kept checking. You have a great idea getting back into the book. I have reached my goal, but I am struggling to keep it there. I will try to start reading the first chapter tomorrow. I hope all theladies come back soon. I will talk to you later. Dolores
Again--welcome home! We have been e-mailing each other while the site was down.  Hope your holiday was really great. I think I like the new format but I'm not sure. Jane and Lois must not have found it yet.  JOY, I will try to start the book today.(It's 5AM--I don't sleep well). I kept telling my cousin to read--read--read  so I guess I'd better practice what I preach!!  Going to try to sleep again.  God Bless  Ginnyjane

July 25, 2005, 1:59 pm CDT

Room for one more?

Quote From: ginnyjane

Again--welcome home! We have been e-mailing each other while the site was down. Hope your holiday was really great. I think I like the new format but I'm not sure. Jane and Lois must not have found it yet. JOY, I will try to start the book today.(It's 5AM--I don't sleep well). I kept telling my cousin to read--read--read so I guess I'd better practice what I preach!! Going to try to sleep again. God Bless Ginnyjane

Hi There,

Room for one more?  I am completely lost on this board and may never find my way back here again but I would like to.

I am 80, young at heart and mind and still trying to get the bod to match the spirit.  I am looking forward to find out how you all manage this weight loss thing.  Have the book - pass on the boot camp but need to work out.  What are you gals doing?

July 25, 2005, 2:33 pm CDT

Hi All

Welcome home, Dolores!I hope we get used to the new board.I made a few circles before deciding I would just post but we will get used to it and I know the staff will help us.Dolores, you are the first and only one who has reached goal so we will need your encouragement that if we reach goal we can stay there...you are the leader!I haven't done any reading in "the book" yet today but hope to get there after dinner.I haven't eaten in bed LOL.I was going to try the gym today but I have shingles and thought I'd wait until I'm through with the medicine for that which will be Thursday.I went to the doc last Wednesday and have three spots which are clearing up.I was a little nervous as I've heard so many horror stories about shingles....so far so good.Ginnyjane, I'm glad to see you found the new board.

Welcome to the gal over 80 who posted!Keep in touch as we love supporters and hope we can give support!!

I'm not sure but think we might have to check out our profiles and I don't have time right now.  Joy

July 25, 2005, 3:29 pm CDT

HI, READY ABLE AND ALL

Quote From: ready_able

Hi There,

Room for one more? I am completely lost on this board and may never find my way back here again but I would like to.

I am 80, young at heart and mind and still trying to get the bod to match the spirit. I am looking forward to find out how you all manage this weight loss thing. Have the book - pass on the boot camp but need to work out. What are you gals doing?

Hi all--Yes, READY ABLE we always have room for one more. The bod and the spirit don't usually agree--at least in my case. I have a lot of success when I pay attention to what is said in the book, but lately my food choices are not so good--that's why I need to post so that I can be reminded to do what I am supposed to do. One of my main problems is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I guess we are all back . Now I guess we need to work.  READY ABLE you DO have a name--may we have it? Again You're welcome.  By the way--I find my way back to the site by putting it in my "favorites"file.  God Bless  Ginnyjane

July 25, 2005, 4:14 pm CDT

Ready Able

Quote From: ready_able

Hi There,

Room for one more? I am completely lost on this board and may never find my way back here again but I would like to.

I am 80, young at heart and mind and still trying to get the bod to match the spirit. I am looking forward to find out how you all manage this weight loss thing. Have the book - pass on the boot camp but need to work out. What are you gals doing?

Hey,  Welcome to the board.  I think you have come to the right place.  All the ladies here are nice ones. :)  Start reading Dr. Phils book.  That is very important.  And exercise is also very important.

I am so glad the boards are back.  It really helps to be accountable.  I have to start reading the book again--I promised>  LOL  I will have to admit I haven't been doing to well on the food lately,  I think I need to clean out the junk.  My daughter and granddaughter started on a diet this week, so that will be helpful for me to.  AGAIN WELCOME.  Dolores

July 25, 2005, 4:19 pm CDT

Ginnyjane

Quote From: ginnyjane

Again--welcome home! We have been e-mailing each other while the site was down. Hope your holiday was really great. I think I like the new format but I'm not sure. Jane and Lois must not have found it yet. JOY, I will try to start the book today.(It's 5AM--I don't sleep well). I kept telling my cousin to read--read--read so I guess I'd better practice what I preach!! Going to try to sleep again. God Bless Ginnyjane

Thanks Ginnyjane,   Vacations are always nice, but it is always good to get back home (where it isn't so HOT)  LOL  I need to get back in the book to.  I promised Joy on a post earlier that I would start, but haven't gotten started yet.  I am glad everyone was able to keep in touch while the boards were down.  I hope Jane and Lois makes it back soon to.  Wish we could get a few more.

Later,  Dolores

July 25, 2005, 4:27 pm CDT

Joy

Quote From: ulnamn

Welcome home, Dolores!I hope we get used to the new board.I made a few circles before deciding I would just post but we will get used to it and I know the staff will help us.Dolores, you are the first and only one who has reached goal so we will need your encouragement that if we reach goal we can stay there...you are the leader!I haven't done any reading in "the book" yet today but hope to get there after dinner.I haven't eaten in bed LOL.I was going to try the gym today but I have shingles and thought I'd wait until I'm through with the medicine for that which will be Thursday.I went to the doc last Wednesday and have three spots which are clearing up.I was a little nervous as I've heard so many horror stories about shingles....so far so good.Ginnyjane, I'm glad to see you found the new board.

Welcome to the gal over 80 who posted!Keep in touch as we love supporters and hope we can give support!!

I'm not sure but think we might have to check out our profiles and I don't have time right now. Joy

Hey Joy,  I haven't started the book either.  I don't know what goes with my time.  (old age I think) LOL  But I am hoping to get it started sometime before bedtime.    I was like you, I made a few circles to before deciding to post.   Eating in bed isn't one of my things, but I just like to graze all day.  I am trying, but I don't know what is wrong with me.  I am trying to eat healthy, but even to much of healthy is not good.

Sorry to hear you have shingles.  I have heard that could be miserable.  Hope it gets well soon.

Well guess I better get off this thing and start thinking about what I am cooking for supper.  Talk to you later.  Dolores

July 25, 2005, 7:22 pm CDT

I'm back

Quote From: dlrsdrnll

Hey, Welcome to the board. I think you have come to the right place. All the ladies here are nice ones. :) Start reading Dr. Phils book. That is very important. And exercise is also very important.

I am so glad the boards are back. It really helps to be accountable. I have to start reading the book again--I promised> LOL I will have to admit I haven't been doing to well on the food lately, I think I need to clean out the junk. My daughter and granddaughter started on a diet this week, so that will be helpful for me to. AGAIN WELCOME. Dolores

Found you again and will give you a little information.

First, I will find my Dr. Phil Book and begin reading.

Next, my exercise for upper body will be limited for the time being but not for long.  I will get a pacemaker on Friday - day surgery, and start reading.  Walking and Pilates on the Ball should also be on my menu next week.

For the rest of this week I am run ragged getting my den in order and everything caught up to take a few easy days after the surgery.

Will check in tomorrow to see what you have in mind.  I would like to lose 25 pounds, how about the rest of you.

AJ

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last