Message Boards

Topic : 01/30 "Should I Stay or Should I Go?"

Number of Replies: 176
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 26, 2007, 01:54:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil’s guests are torn apart by jealousy, lies and deceit. They say they’re at a crossroads in their relationship and are trying to decide whether to stay or cut their losses and walk out. Terry says her partner, Chris – whom she used to be married to -- is insanely jealous and constantly accuses her of cheating on him with another of her ex-husbands, Jim. Chris goes as far as marking the tires on Terry’s vehicle to see if she’s left the house to be with another man. Terry and Jim say they are business partners only and are tired of Chris spying on them outside their store. Terry says Chris’s jealous suspicions are the reason their marriage crumbled after only three months, and she’s not going through that again. So why is she still with him? Then, Amy recently discovered her husband of 16 years, Donovan, cheated on her with five other women. Now she’s torn and wondering if she can -- or should -- ever trust him again. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 27, 2007, 6:20 am CST

01/30 "Should I Stay or Should I Go?"

Terry sounds like she needs serious conselling ... if she divorced this man for is insane accusations .. she shouldnt be in any relationship with this man ...

January 27, 2007, 9:34 am CST

You Should GO!

Why do women and men, stay in relationships that are so demeaning and debilitating???  Life is too short!!  I understand staying and trying to work out a problem.  I have been married for almost 22 years.  We have gone through many trails and tribulations. However, to continually put up with the same old issues, and live in a relationship that is lifeless( common goals, common interests, ability to allow each other space and their own identify) and loveless ( real love, i.e., respectful, honorable and equal), shows a complete lack of self esteem and self worth.  Loving someone does not constitute a reason to stay in a relationship that is unhealthy.

I say, get out and work on yourself!  It is not a bad thing to be alone and take care of ones self, instead of staying in a rotten,  hurtful, unfulfilled relationship!

January 27, 2007, 10:30 am CST

Terry, LEAVE Chris NOW.

You ARE WORTH someone FAR KINDER than Chris in your life.  LEAVE HIM NOW!  Then, yes, counseling to help you come to LOVE YOURSELF ... which will then allow TRUE LOVE to come into your life.

After all, you DO want to feel SAFE in your own home, SAFE with your beloved, SAFE and CHERISHED and TRULY LOVED.  Because you deserve TRUE LOVE!! Really, you do!! =)

January 27, 2007, 10:36 am CST

Confidence

Quote From: corrineg

Terry sounds like she needs serious conselling ... if she divorced this man for is insane accusations .. she shouldnt be in any relationship with this man ...

Terry should step back and ask herself, if she divorced this man once for obvious reasons, what made her think he has changed?  She needs to get out now before he steals ALL her personal integrity.

January 27, 2007, 10:38 am CST

Amy, you might need to leave Donovan.

Amy, you DESERVE FIDELITY from your husband!!  And with all the deadly dangerous diseases out there, I hope you've been thoroughly tested for them all!!

Donovan *might* really change, but it will be seriously HARD WORK on his part ... will he do it?  Or will he keep sleeping around and BETRAYING you EVERY SINGLE TIME HE DOES?

You will keep risking your very LIFE if Donovan continues to sleep around and then sleep with you... it would be wise to stop having sex w/ him until he's PROVEN TRUE FIDELITY to you and you ALONE.

Otherwise, you may need to leave Donovan to his harem.  Just remember that there will be a wonderful man for you when you're healed and ready for him!

January 27, 2007, 11:16 am CST

01/30 "Should I Stay or Should I Go?"

I don't know what the cirmcumstances were of Terry divorcing her husband but it seems she has jumped out of the frying pan into the fire.  Doesn't seem like she imporved her position with men but chosing a man that is controlling like Chris.  She needs to get both men out of her life.

January 27, 2007, 11:54 am CST

Ask yourself some tough questions...

My question first would be what made him jealous in the first place?  Was there a time when his suspicions were true?  If you have truly been innocent of ALL charges then cut your loses and run.  If you have been guilty "just a little" then whether you leave or stay is of no consequence - suit yourself because his suspicions are justified.

January 27, 2007, 1:59 pm CST

"you get what you think you deserve"

You stay in a situation and say you won't tolerate it any longer, you are confused and confusing everyone involved.  You are in the driver's seat, look where you are driving.  Make a decision that you deserve better and only you can control what the "better" will be.  my advice "up your deserve level and "believe" it!

January 27, 2007, 8:02 pm CST

let go

Quote From: lglexecsec

Terry should step back and ask herself, if she divorced this man once for obvious reasons, what made her think he has changed?  She needs to get out now before he steals ALL her personal integrity.
there is   nothing that's   more important then  yourself your pride, your lifeand your letting   a man take you down.    stop       and  get your life together   forget about any man.

January 27, 2007, 8:21 pm CST

Why even ask the question?

I was married to a man for 17 years.  For 15 of those years I never cheated but after being accused & beat I did.  I left him & got a divorce.  I'm married to the man I cheated with & we just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary.  He was jealous in the beginning but I asked him if he didn't trust me why did he marry me?  I wouldn't marry someone I didn't  trust.  He's the biggest flirt I know but does it whether I'm there or not & I trust him.  He trusts me now too.  Even I can flirt now & then as long as it's someone we know.  LOL  Now we just live, laugh & love.  If you don't trust someone or not  trusted yourself why waste the time? 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last