Message Boards

Topic : 0h Middle Age Plus and We Got Real

Number of Replies: 1870
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:53:21 pm
Author : dataimport
This discussion board is for those that are following the program and are recovering.Attitudes of 100% Commitment, Accountability are always Welcomed.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 1, 2005, 8:31 am CDT

Hello everyone

I have started to really pay attention once again, yesterday I spent the day reviewing Key #1 and really studying Key #2.  Working on my "payoff" also.

So far today I've ate very healthy, 5 glasses of water and 1/2 hour walk, so I'm feeling pretty good.

I know I can do it, just need to keep my attitude positive.

• Becky, I have the worst kind of bat wings, hold your arms down *giggle*.  No really I just decided they are there and that's that.  Yes I do try to trim them down but for now I'm going around sleeveless.
  • Kit, you have such great ideas about changes and journalling.  Keep giving us pointers and someday I'll start to pay attention :)
  • Andiepie, hello and so good to see that you are staying so close to your goal weight.  Way to go
  • Debbie, you must be relieved to finally be alone.  Let's hope this is the incentive you need to get working on your program.

Hugs to everyone, including those who haven't posted recently.

ttfn Love Barbara

August 1, 2005, 12:16 pm CDT

BATWINGS

HEY BARBARA,

DO YOUR BATWINGS APPLAUD YOU WHEN YOU BRUSH YOUR HAIR???? THOSE ARE THE WORSSSSSSSSSSSST KIND!!!!!!!

Vampire bat

BECKY

August 2, 2005, 3:31 am CDT

Becky

Quote From: nannybeck4

HEY BARBARA,

DO YOUR BATWINGS APPLAUD YOU WHEN YOU BRUSH YOUR HAIR???? THOSE ARE THE WORSSSSSSSSSSSST KIND!!!!!!!

Vampire bat

BECKY

Bat wings clapping, ooooooooh how funny Becky, but unfortunately they do.

But like I said previously they are there and I'll learn to accept them.  I really feels good to wear shorts and sleeveless tops.  I've tried to hide my weight and suffered with the heat for years and refuse to do it anymore.

I had a good day yesterday and aiming for another one today.

Hugs to all, have a wonderful one.

ttfn Love Barbara

August 2, 2005, 3:47 am CDT

Good Morning Everyone!

What I have planned for today:  STAY COOL in this heat!  I know!  I know!  It is Summer! 

I am disappointed that Dr Phil has not had very many weight loss programs on this Summer!  Maybe he should consider making an effort to have a regular Weight Loss Wednesday!  Give us tips, menus and updates!  I think the tv program could be such a great compliment to the books.  MORE WEIGHT LOSS SEGMENTS, PLEASE!

Make it Happen!

Key #1 RIGHT THINKING

Key #2 HEALING FEELINGS

Key #3 A NO-FAIL ENVIRONMENT

Key #4 MASTERY OVER FOOD AND IMPULSE EATING

Key #5 HIGH-RESPONSE COST NUTRITION

Key #6 INTENTIONAL EXERCISE

Key #7 CIRCLE OF SUPPORT

Make a difference!

I make sure I make a small change to each key daily.  What have you done to change your lifestyle today?

My biggie today is to make sure, since the kid moved out AGAIN, I have a no fail enviroment. 

Clean the pantry! 

Yesterday I cleaned out the refrigerator. Over the weekend we cleaned out the car.  Found a few things that were not good choices that hubby made.  They are gone now.  I never even noticed they were there!  Sugar filled chewing gum.  I am working to get him off sugar.  Hard since he eats out at lunch and is not making good choices.  I need to work on that!  Might have to pack his lunch! 

KIT

August 2, 2005, 10:03 am CDT

MINE DO TOO!!!!!!

Quote From: brcscc

Bat wings clapping, ooooooooh how funny Becky, but unfortunately they do.

But like I said previously they are there and I'll learn to accept them.  I really feels good to wear shorts and sleeveless tops.  I've tried to hide my weight and suffered with the heat for years and refuse to do it anymore.

I had a good day yesterday and aiming for another one today.

Hugs to all, have a wonderful one.

ttfn Love Barbara

THEY STOPPED FOR A WHILE BUT IT'S BACK! I'VE LOST ABOUT 15 LBS THIS SUMMER SO I GUESS THATS THE REASON THEY ARE APPLAUDING ME AGAIN!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! YOU ARE A GREAT IMSPIRATION FOR ME!!!!

I REALLLY DO WANT TO COME TO YOUR PART OF THE WORLD SOME DAY!!!!

BECKY

August 2, 2005, 10:10 am CDT

GREAT IDEA KIT!!

Quote From: yourpalkit

What I have planned for today:  STAY COOL in this heat!  I know!  I know!  It is Summer! 

I am disappointed that Dr Phil has not had very many weight loss programs on this Summer!  Maybe he should consider making an effort to have a regular Weight Loss Wednesday!  Give us tips, menus and updates!  I think the tv program could be such a great compliment to the books.  MORE WEIGHT LOSS SEGMENTS, PLEASE!

Make it Happen!

Key #1 RIGHT THINKING

Key #2 HEALING FEELINGS

Key #3 A NO-FAIL ENVIRONMENT

Key #4 MASTERY OVER FOOD AND IMPULSE EATING

Key #5 HIGH-RESPONSE COST NUTRITION

Key #6 INTENTIONAL EXERCISE

Key #7 CIRCLE OF SUPPORT

Make a difference!

I make sure I make a small change to each key daily.  What have you done to change your lifestyle today?

My biggie today is to make sure, since the kid moved out AGAIN, I have a no fail enviroment. 

Clean the pantry! 

Yesterday I cleaned out the refrigerator. Over the weekend we cleaned out the car.  Found a few things that were not good choices that hubby made.  They are gone now.  I never even noticed they were there!  Sugar filled chewing gum.  I am working to get him off sugar.  Hard since he eats out at lunch and is not making good choices.  I need to work on that!  Might have to pack his lunch! 

KIT

DO YOU SEE HER SUGGESTIONS DR PHIL....WE REALLY DO NEED TO SEE MORE WLC SHOWS!!! COME ON DOC YOU CAN HELP US ALL SO MUCY WITH JUST A SHOW FOR US EVERY NOW AND THEN!!!

MY ENVIRONMENT IS NOT SO CLEAN THESE DAYS EITHER WITH ALYSSA HOME EVERYDAY!! BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I BUY THE DARN STUFF FOR HER KNOWING IT WILL CALL MY NAME CONSTANTLY.....BUY I HAVE BEEN GOOD ABOUT THROWING OUT THE LEFT OVER CHIPS ON MONDAYS!!! WEEKENDS ARE FREE AND EASY HERE AND I HAVE TO MAKE MYSELF MAKE GOOD CHOICES...NOT ALWAYS PERFECT CHOICES BUT GOOD ONES!!! A TREAT ONCE IN A WHILE IS NOT A DEAL BREAKER AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED.....I JUST WANT TO TREAT MYSELF WITH MORE NON FOOD ITEMS!!!!!

WELL, I HOPE MORE OF OUR BUDDIES COME ON HERE WITH SOME MORE IDEAS!!!

YOURS ARE ALWAYS GREAT KIT!!! KEEP EM COMING!!!

(((HUGS)))

BECKY

FROGHOP

PS...I JUST FELT LIKE TYPING IN RED TODAY!!!!LOL

August 2, 2005, 10:43 am CDT

HEY GET REALERS!!

I LIKE RED SO MUCH I THINK I WILL USE IT AGAIN!!!

HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING THIS SUMMER???

THE NEW PICTURE OF ME WAS TAKEN AT TAHANNUCK FALLS NY CLOSE TO UTICA!!!

IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE TO VISIT!! YOU CAN SEE A BETTER COPY OF THIS PICTURE ON THE MSN WEIGHT  SOLUTIONS BUDDIES ...THE FALL IS THE TALLEST IN THE EASTERN USA.

WELL, MY BREAK FROM HOUSEWORK IS JUST ABOUT OVER!!! I HAVE CLEANED AA'S ROOM AND HER CLOSET IS ALMOST EMPTY READY FOR THE NEW SCHOOL CLOTHES SHE WILL BRING HOME WITH HER TOMORROW! SO I AM GOING TO TRY TO HAVE A RUMMAGE SALE THIS COMING WEEKEND. LOTS OF TRASH I HOPE WILL BECOME SOMEBODY ELSES TREASURE COME SATURDAY MORNING!!! COME ON BY I BET YOU CAN FIND SOMETHING YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT TOO!!!

I HAVE A HUGE BOX OF 4X  3X  AND 2X CLOTHES TO GET RID OF TOO!

I AM WONDERING IF I AM THE ONLY PERSON WHO WEARS 3 SIZES OF CLOTHES AT A TIME.

RIGHT NOW I AM WEARING 24'S 22'S 1X AND I HAVE BOUGHT A COUPLE OF PIECES SIZE 20 THAT FIT.....YEAH!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

BECKKY

FROGHOP

August 2, 2005, 2:24 pm CDT

Becky !

Quote From: nannybeck4

I LIKE RED SO MUCH I THINK I WILL USE IT AGAIN!!!

HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING THIS SUMMER???

THE NEW PICTURE OF ME WAS TAKEN AT TAHANNUCK FALLS NY CLOSE TO UTICA!!!

IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE TO VISIT!! YOU CAN SEE A BETTER COPY OF THIS PICTURE ON THE MSN WEIGHT  SOLUTIONS BUDDIES ...THE FALL IS THE TALLEST IN THE EASTERN USA.

WELL, MY BREAK FROM HOUSEWORK IS JUST ABOUT OVER!!! I HAVE CLEANED AA'S ROOM AND HER CLOSET IS ALMOST EMPTY READY FOR THE NEW SCHOOL CLOTHES SHE WILL BRING HOME WITH HER TOMORROW! SO I AM GOING TO TRY TO HAVE A RUMMAGE SALE THIS COMING WEEKEND. LOTS OF TRASH I HOPE WILL BECOME SOMEBODY ELSES TREASURE COME SATURDAY MORNING!!! COME ON BY I BET YOU CAN FIND SOMETHING YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT TOO!!!

I HAVE A HUGE BOX OF 4X  3X  AND 2X CLOTHES TO GET RID OF TOO!

I AM WONDERING IF I AM THE ONLY PERSON WHO WEARS 3 SIZES OF CLOTHES AT A TIME.

RIGHT NOW I AM WEARING 24'S 22'S 1X AND I HAVE BOUGHT A COUPLE OF PIECES SIZE 20 THAT FIT.....YEAH!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

BECKKY

FROGHOP

You look simply maaaaaarvelous my dear.

Yeah I wear so many sizes also.  I have 4x and 3x (but they are getting baggy, it's what I wear to work) mostly 2x and also 22/24.  I always wore 5x and 26W or 28W so I am excited about my new sizes.

Kit I've had a great couple of days.  I am staying very positive and working the program.

BTW I just added a new long distance plan to my phone, Canada and US, any time, so if you want to get a phone call from me just send me your number, my e-mail is in my profile.

ttfn Love Barbara

August 2, 2005, 5:41 pm CDT

THANKS BARBARA

Quote From: brcscc

You look simply maaaaaarvelous my dear.

Yeah I wear so many sizes also.  I have 4x and 3x (but they are getting baggy, it's what I wear to work) mostly 2x and also 22/24.  I always wore 5x and 26W or 28W so I am excited about my new sizes.

Kit I've had a great couple of days.  I am staying very positive and working the program.

BTW I just added a new long distance plan to my phone, Canada and US, any time, so if you want to get a phone call from me just send me your number, my e-mail is in my profile.

ttfn Love Barbara

AND SO DO YOU!!! BUT I WAS WONDERING HOW DID KIT GET THOSE BLUE WORDS IN HER POST TODAY!!! COME ON KIT SHARE!!!

ABOUT CLOTHES....I BOUGHT A BROWN TUNIC TOP IN NY AT WALMART...LOVE IT....BUT WHEN I GOT HOME I SPILLED CHLORINE ON IT MESSING WITH THE POOL AND WAS SO CRUSHED THAT I WENT TO OUR WALMART AND FOUND THE SAME BLOUSE AND BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE, SAME SIZE. WELL I DIDN'T TRY IT ON AND IT IS SO HUGE I MEAN IT HAS TO BE MIS MARKED. I HAVE WASHED IT IN HOT WATER AND DRYED IT EXTRA DRY AND IT JUST GETS BIGGER. THE OTHER ONE HOWEVER SEEMS TO BE GETTING A LITTLE SMALLER WITH WASHING EVEN IN COLD WATER. SO I CAN EITHER WEAR A SPOTTED ONE THAT FITS OR A HUGE ONE THAT SWOLLOWS ME....GO FIGURE!!!

I SENT YOU AN EMAIL W MY PHONE NUMBER HOPE YOU GET IT AND I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING YOUR VOICE.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

BECKY

FROGHOP

August 2, 2005, 9:14 pm CDT

inviting you

I wanted to let people know we will be having our 1st discussion on our board, this

Thursday--will be an all day discussion and we are covering the very beginning of the

UWL/7keys book.If needed we will carry the talk over into Friday.we may change the day

for discussions later but it being this late in the week--we picked Thursday--cause afew of us

didn't want to wait til next week to begin.

the board is named:

We Don't have to do this alone anymore.

I hope those of anyone who can, will pop by and share your views and opinions with us.

This board can be found under the weight section--under sub title weight loss challenge

discussions.last I knew it was listed on the third page there.

and also wanted to an open invitation for anyone who wishes to come post anytime on the

board--we are always up to having daily discussions as well.

hope you will come check us out

Vickie

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last