Message Boards

Topic : 03/05 Anna and Britney: Behind the Headlines

Number of Replies: 541
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 02, 2007, 12:00:40 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Two Hollywood stars, two incredible sagas that have captivated the nation. Dr. Phil takes you inside the drama surrounding Anna Nicole Smith and Britney Spears. Anna Nicole’s story is one of the most bizarre celebrity cases with unbelievable twists and turns: a beautiful but troubled model, a headline-grabbing pregnancy, the shocking death of her beloved son … culminating in the actress’s untimely demise. Pat O’Brien, host of The Insider, has known Anna Nicole for eight years and shares what it was like spending time with her during her last days. Next up, Alex Goen, CEO of Trimspa, weighs in on the death of his company’s spokesperson. Then, some argue that Britney Spears’ recent behavior—leaving rehab after one day, shaving her head bald, and angrily brandishing an umbrella—indicates that the pop star is in a tragic downward spiral. Frank Griffin, a celebrity photographer, has captured Britney’s public pain through his lens. Are the paparazzi partially responsible for driving this young star to the brink?  Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 3, 2007, 4:57 am CST

I am so glad Anna is put to rest

You know that i have watched the whole thing with Anna from the start and I cant help but feel sorry for her.All she ever wanted was love for to see she didnt get any from her mother or she wouldnt have felt the way she did about her mom and then for her too lose her son that she loved so much and he was her whole life she didnt have a fighting  chance I mean after all how would you feel if you just gived birth too a new baby and your son later died in the room where you were at? People i dont about you but i think I would feel like her. loseing a child has got too be hard for any mother but when your in the spot light all the time and for all Americans to know what is going on in her life well she didnt get too grive like she should have not like us we have our grieving period. Then we try to take  the next step of trying to get our lifes back in shape . But Anna didnt get too do that  cause everyone was after her, No wonder she was on meds!

Heck she needed them to get threw it  and still didnt make it I feel for her and for the men that is suppose to be that baby daddy  GO GET THE DNA so this baby can get her life on track after all she is left with out the motherly bond and she needs someone in her life and to get stable so she can have a happy life so to speak.

MAY ANNA REST IN PEACE NOW THAT SHE IS WITH DANIEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 3, 2007, 10:46 am CST

Pissed.

I just want to touc base on this whole Britney Spears "issue". I have read stories and "news" and whatnot about her on several sites, Including E! and others. And they are all trying to chalk this whole thing up to Postpartom Depression, I think that whole idea is a load of bullshit. I had my son at 18 years old, and was a WRECK, for the babys first week home, I stayed up one week straight through the night, and would only sleep about 4 hours during the day to only do it again the next night. I didn't go out and spread it all out, by shaving my head and getting tattoos and partying! Face it; The broads career has totally nose dived since she had her first child, and all the other reckless bullshit that she pulled, so she has to have all these public outbursts to try and bump her rep up so she can get noticed again, And now shes checking into some hollywood facilities and leaving one of them within 24 hours because it doesn't fit her standards?? Yeah that definetly sounds like a woman reaching out because she is depressed. I am sick and tired of this pity party that is being thrown to her. If their is anyone that needs some Tough Love it's her. She needs to slap a wig on, keep her panties on and start worrying about her children instead of whether or not her name is in a magazine. She makes me sick, and isn't worthy of any sort of pity or praise, She is a horrible incapable mother. I feel sorry for those babies for when they get older and realize that that was why they never saw her because she F'd her life up just to get a picture in the paper.

March 3, 2007, 2:29 pm CST

03/05 Anna and Britney: Behind the Headlines

Quote From: jfitch88

I just want to touc base on this whole Britney Spears "issue". I have read stories and "news" and whatnot about her on several sites, Including E! and others. And they are all trying to chalk this whole thing up to Postpartom Depression, I think that whole idea is a load of bullshit. I had my son at 18 years old, and was a WRECK, for the babys first week home, I stayed up one week straight through the night, and would only sleep about 4 hours during the day to only do it again the next night. I didn't go out and spread it all out, by shaving my head and getting tattoos and partying! Face it; The broads career has totally nose dived since she had her first child, and all the other reckless bullshit that she pulled, so she has to have all these public outbursts to try and bump her rep up so she can get noticed again, And now shes checking into some hollywood facilities and leaving one of them within 24 hours because it doesn't fit her standards?? Yeah that definetly sounds like a woman reaching out because she is depressed. I am sick and tired of this pity party that is being thrown to her. If their is anyone that needs some Tough Love it's her. She needs to slap a wig on, keep her panties on and start worrying about her children instead of whether or not her name is in a magazine. She makes me sick, and isn't worthy of any sort of pity or praise, She is a horrible incapable mother. I feel sorry for those babies for when they get older and realize that that was why they never saw her because she F'd her life up just to get a picture in the paper.

I think you are very misinformed about what PPD is. 

March 3, 2007, 3:44 pm CST

It is sad about Anna! Hope the baby gets taken care of!!  As for Britney I use to be a huge fan of hers. I loved her music,  But now what has happened to her! She has really messed her self up!  All that drinking and partying. Oh ya shaved her head! What was she thinking! She messed up her looks for sure!!  Also messed up her life! Praying for her! She  needs Jesus in her life!!

March 3, 2007, 3:46 pm CST

Quote From: jfitch88

Watch the bad words!  Please!!!!!!!!!!

March 3, 2007, 7:46 pm CST

anna nicole

All i have to say is that i am so happy that anna nicole was buried where she was supposed to be with her son. Her mother didn't even care about her and anna couldn't stand her all her mother wanted was money.  I hope and pray that Baby Dannie lynn's father will be howard k stern.

March 4, 2007, 4:26 am CST

Quote From: penny_lady

I think you are very misinformed about what PPD is. 
Yeah, Totally. Thats why I was diagnosed with it?

March 4, 2007, 7:04 am CST

SORRY DR PHIL

I love ya but really, this is one of the main problems we as a society have today, media covering stories like these 24 hours a day when we should be demanding to be informed about issues of REAL concern. Young girls see all this attention being paid to these women, for what?? Are they peacemakers? Do they save lives? Are they fighting to make the world a better place?? Do they worry about the poor in this country with no health ins?? Helping break the buerocratic red tape to get Katrina victims the money they have coming to them?? NO OK you get my drift. I am sorry for these women, their problems. But this is not as much of a concern to alot of us as, maybe the soldiers coming home from Iraq who once they get home, have very little compensation from our gov't.

Like I said, LOVE YA!

SLAZAR

March 4, 2007, 7:37 am CST

105 ??

I know this is non of my business. But when I heard about her death a huge red flag has gone up, and it has stayed up. Forget about lifestyle and paparazzii, its the 105 temp that got me. I've raised 4 kids, and would panic at 104. But I always understood that 105 was 'always' serious and dangerous. First thing I thought was meningitis. Second thing was, why did they not take her to a hospital. How can someone with a nurses training not say this is an emergency. Its as if she was in a car wreck and mortally hurt but conscious enough to say "I don't want to go to hospital", so they just let her die?? I don't understand this. Its almost an 'oooops, she died, oh, thats too bad, tsk tsk, we are so heartbroken" I hope you explore the temp part. Unless this was chronic and they were used to dealing with it, and knew exactly the cause, there was horrific neglect here. If she were a child they would have been charged with neglect. Wouldn't she have been delirious, maybe even seizing, possibly terrifyingly cold and in pain? Isn't there a very very real possibility of brain damage especially for an adult, with a temp that high even for a short while. If they didn't honestly 'know' the cause, as a trained nurse, why didn't she think, yes we have the fever down, but the cause of the fever would still be present? A flu that can cause that kind of fever would have serious side affects taking place I think. It just doesn't ring right!

March 4, 2007, 8:07 am CST

Howard K Stern & Mr. Trimspa

Quote From: snowboardchic

All i have to say is that i am so happy that anna nicole was buried where she was supposed to be with her son. Her mother didn't even care about her and anna couldn't stand her all her mother wanted was money.  I hope and pray that Baby Dannie lynn's father will be howard k stern.

None of us know the circumstances surrounding Anna Nicole and her mother. Howard K. Stern sold the viewing rights of Anna's funeral and is holding that little baby hostage until her real father, Larry Birkhead, agrees to let Howard K. continue to "handle" the estate of Anna and the baby. He is also the cause of Anna's not being close to her family and the separation of her and Larry. Why Dr. Phil is having Alex Goen, CEO of Trimspa on his show is beyond me. Alex and Howard are promoting Anna to increase revenue for Alex and Howard.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last