Message Boards

Topic : 03/05 Anna and Britney: Behind the Headlines

Number of Replies: 541
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 02, 2007, 12:00:40 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Two Hollywood stars, two incredible sagas that have captivated the nation. Dr. Phil takes you inside the drama surrounding Anna Nicole Smith and Britney Spears. Anna Nicole’s story is one of the most bizarre celebrity cases with unbelievable twists and turns: a beautiful but troubled model, a headline-grabbing pregnancy, the shocking death of her beloved son … culminating in the actress’s untimely demise. Pat O’Brien, host of The Insider, has known Anna Nicole for eight years and shares what it was like spending time with her during her last days. Next up, Alex Goen, CEO of Trimspa, weighs in on the death of his company’s spokesperson. Then, some argue that Britney Spears’ recent behavior—leaving rehab after one day, shaving her head bald, and angrily brandishing an umbrella—indicates that the pop star is in a tragic downward spiral. Frank Griffin, a celebrity photographer, has captured Britney’s public pain through his lens. Are the paparazzi partially responsible for driving this young star to the brink?  Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 2, 2007, 12:56 pm CST

Britney Spears

I would say yes they partially are to blame. She is always being rubbished in the news, here in Australia and by those who are paid to gossip about them. (I don't  watch those shows). She's on the cover of magazines ( I don't read them...I refuse too).

However, I feel that Britney has had problems and baggage, all along (as with anyone who hasn't had a good upbringing). When you become "famous", it's just a magnifying glass to your problems and a whole lot of added pressure.

She is one of those people that, like sooo many, believed that fame and fortune would solve all of her issues. People think money solves everything. They think it will give you confidence, earn you respect and/ or people will like you more. Britney was one of them.

If your broke, with a low self esteem, and then you find yourself earning loads of cash, then you will still have self esteem issues. Money doesn't solve it. You have to be rich in love for yourself.

Notice, the more balanced celeb's aren't always in the news.

Britney needs real love and caring not to be rubbished further. People forget that Celeb's are people too.......with feelings just like everyone else. She needs to bow out for a while, get some serious therapy happening and then make a fantastic come back. 

In the meantime........everyone should just leave her alone.

March 2, 2007, 2:30 pm CST

03/05 Anna and Britney: Behind the Headlines

I think that both of these woman deserve some privacy. 

March 2, 2007, 2:32 pm CST

03/05 Anna and Britney: Behind the Headlines

Quote From: emeraldember

I would say yes they partially are to blame. She is always being rubbished in the news, here in Australia and by those who are paid to gossip about them. (I don't  watch those shows). She's on the cover of magazines ( I don't read them...I refuse too).

However, I feel that Britney has had problems and baggage, all along (as with anyone who hasn't had a good upbringing). When you become "famous", it's just a magnifying glass to your problems and a whole lot of added pressure.

She is one of those people that, like sooo many, believed that fame and fortune would solve all of her issues. People think money solves everything. They think it will give you confidence, earn you respect and/ or people will like you more. Britney was one of them.

If your broke, with a low self esteem, and then you find yourself earning loads of cash, then you will still have self esteem issues. Money doesn't solve it. You have to be rich in love for yourself.

Notice, the more balanced celeb's aren't always in the news.

Britney needs real love and caring not to be rubbished further. People forget that Celeb's are people too.......with feelings just like everyone else. She needs to bow out for a while, get some serious therapy happening and then make a fantastic come back. 

In the meantime........everyone should just leave her alone.

"(I don't  watch those shows)."

You do now apparently! LOL

March 2, 2007, 7:01 pm CST

Narcisisstic coping

I think both of them need attention to feel worthy.  Staying in the headlines improves your self esteem for a  little while, and wears on your mental health.  AN has had a lot happen to her over the last year with her son dying and the baby-mama drama.  Britney needs a court order to get back in rehab and stop getting the tattoos (heard of hepatitis?), and clean up her image.  The judge is never going to give her custody of the kids if she keeps this up- then again, I wonder if she wants custody.  If she wants to party, fine, but she doesn't have to kill herself doing it- although her self esteem is probably pretty low to self destruct so readily.

March 2, 2007, 8:13 pm CST

I feel sorry for Anna

I think Anna was just looking for the love and respect that she felt she deserved. She said no one ever loved her like her late husband and no one ever would. And I think that Howard is a disgrace. If you love someone like he says he does Anna. Then you dont stand around and let them do things that will harm themselves. Larry broke up with her because he did not want to see her destroy everything. They were suppose to have gone to the Bahama'a to escape the Media. Well Howard caused more attention then he really wanted I think. He is a poor excuse for a man. He has ruined more lives then he knows. I hope he gets what is coming to him.

March 2, 2007, 8:15 pm CST

Howard looked like Scott Peterson

When Howard was showed giving a interview on the plane he reminded me of Scott Peterson.  Where were the tears Howard???

March 2, 2007, 8:36 pm CST

Anna Let her Rest in Peace and Britney needs Family

Dear Dr Phil,

I Only wish that people would see that they are people too and they make mistake like the rest of us. Anna just need to rest and peace and we all need to let that baby find a family that will love her and grow up with love.  Britney had babys  to fast and never gets left a long to be a mom and find herself. She still is very young. I only wish that she finds a place to hide and gets her life together and spends times with her kids. Her family seems to care about her alot and she needs them now, not having her pictrue taken every second of the day. Those people need to back off.  I only wish her the best and hope one day she will come back and make music again. Take care Lab1012

March 2, 2007, 8:39 pm CST

No resect

What the heck is going on this whole thing with Anna Nichole is unbelievable.I don't care is your a famous person or not .I cant believe this poor woman lay ed in a morgue for three weeks while a bunch of selfish idiots fought over her body .Never mind the poor baby find out who the father is and let it rest .Enough is enough this has really truly shown me what money can do to a bunch of, you would think intelligent people .May that poor woman rest in peace. 

March 2, 2007, 8:48 pm CST

Post Pardom

Does any one maybe think that Britney may have post pardon this girl is losing her mind and thank god she doesn't have the kids and she stay in rehab .Is this what being a celebrity is all about what Britney and Nichole have gone through. I think my quite little life with very little money works great for me. It just doesn't seem in the whole scheme of things that it is all worth it.

March 3, 2007, 3:09 am CST

Is Howard a man or little boy looking for attention and money?

Quote From: mercyspark

I think Anna was just looking for the love and respect that she felt she deserved. She said no one ever loved her like her late husband and no one ever would. And I think that Howard is a disgrace. If you love someone like he says he does Anna. Then you dont stand around and let them do things that will harm themselves. Larry broke up with her because he did not want to see her destroy everything. They were suppose to have gone to the Bahama'a to escape the Media. Well Howard caused more attention then he really wanted I think. He is a poor excuse for a man. He has ruined more lives then he knows. I hope he gets what is coming to him.
I agree concerning Howard, what kind of man who claims to love Anna the way he claims lets her harm herself. Every recent interview I've seen of the two before Anna passed on she appeared to be drugged and there was Howard sitting next to her and that precious baby  doing nothing. I think Anna lived the past couple of years drugged to the point of where she didn't know much of what was going on, especially since the passing of her beloved son, Daniel. I also think they should get on with the results of the paternal dna tests, bet they prove that Larry is the Father of that baby, she resembles him and I think the baby deserves to be with her real Father and hopefully he will care for her as she deserves to be cared for and loved. I pray for the sake of that baby this is worked out for her best interest, is sad that she has to start life this way!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last