Message Boards

Topic : 03/12 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 6

Number of Replies: 108
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 09, 2007, 12:37:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Four months have passed since Scott and Tara, John and Cherie, and Nic and Amanda moved out of The Dr. Phil House, armed with tools to save their crumbling marriages. One couple has curbed their fighting but now reveals an issue that the wife says is tearing them apart. Why did they keep it a secret from Dr. Phil? Then, a couple learning to work together sees the changes in their children but still struggles with issues from the past. Plus, a reinvigorated pair say they’re best friends again and falling back in love. Which marriages are thriving, and which one is hanging on by a thread? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 9, 2007, 1:41 pm CST

THE CONCLUSION FROM CHERI

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A STATEMENT REGARDING THIS WHOLE SERIES.  THE SIX OF US PUT ALOT OF OUR TIME AND EFFORT INTO THIS SHOW BECAUSE WE WANTED TO MAKE OUR MARRIAGES WORK.  I UNDERSTAND YOU ALL HAVE OPINIONS REGARDING OUR DEMEANOR ON THE SHOW, BUT I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO KNOW WE PUT OURSELVES INTO DR PHILS HANDS.  WE TAPED FOR MANY DAYS AND ON TOP OF THAT PUT A LOT OF OUR HOME LIVES INTO TAPING AS WELL.  OUR EFFORTS WERE ALL WELL INTENDED.  I WISH YOU ALL COULD HAVE SEEN EVERYTHING WE ENDURED, AND I AGREE THAT ALOT OF THE SILLY THINGS THAT WERE SHOWN INSTEAD OF SHOWING HOW HARD WE WORKED THROUGHOUT THAT WEEK.  WE ALL HAD OUR ARGUMENTS, BUT REALIZE WE WERE PUT INTO A HOUSE BRINGING IN ALOT OF OUR OWN BAGGAGE AND ADD THAT UP WITH TWO OTHER COUPLES BRINGING IN THEIR PROBLEMS AS WELL.  IT WAS IRRATIBLE AT TIMES, BUT THERE WERE ALSO TIMES IN THE HOUSE THAT WE COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING.    TARA, SCOTT, AMANDA, NIC HOLD ON TO THOSES MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!BY THE WAY SCOTT I FOUND ANOTHER CLOTHES PIN IN MY LUGGAGE. LOL.  THE LAST EPISODE SHOWED ALOT OF MIXED EMOTIONS BETWEEN US ALL, THAT WAS THE REAL PORTAYAL OF OUR WEEK IN THE HOUSE, FIGHTING, LAUGHING, CRYING, HUGGING AND ALOT OFCOMMUNICATING (WITHOUT YELLING), WE ALL WISH YOU COULD HAVE SEEN IT ALL, BUT WE WOULD BE GOING INTO THE SUMMER MONTHS AND I KNOW IF A QUARTER OF WHAT WE LIVED IN THAT HOUSE WAS SHOWN, ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULD HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS OF US.   THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT, CHERI

March 9, 2007, 2:28 pm CST

03/12 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 6

Quote From: cherijohn_91

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A STATEMENT REGARDING THIS WHOLE SERIES.  THE SIX OF US PUT ALOT OF OUR TIME AND EFFORT INTO THIS SHOW BECAUSE WE WANTED TO MAKE OUR MARRIAGES WORK.  I UNDERSTAND YOU ALL HAVE OPINIONS REGARDING OUR DEMEANOR ON THE SHOW, BUT I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO KNOW WE PUT OURSELVES INTO DR PHILS HANDS.  WE TAPED FOR MANY DAYS AND ON TOP OF THAT PUT A LOT OF OUR HOME LIVES INTO TAPING AS WELL.  OUR EFFORTS WERE ALL WELL INTENDED.  I WISH YOU ALL COULD HAVE SEEN EVERYTHING WE ENDURED, AND I AGREE THAT ALOT OF THE SILLY THINGS THAT WERE SHOWN INSTEAD OF SHOWING HOW HARD WE WORKED THROUGHOUT THAT WEEK.  WE ALL HAD OUR ARGUMENTS, BUT REALIZE WE WERE PUT INTO A HOUSE BRINGING IN ALOT OF OUR OWN BAGGAGE AND ADD THAT UP WITH TWO OTHER COUPLES BRINGING IN THEIR PROBLEMS AS WELL.  IT WAS IRRATIBLE AT TIMES, BUT THERE WERE ALSO TIMES IN THE HOUSE THAT WE COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING.    TARA, SCOTT, AMANDA, NIC HOLD ON TO THOSES MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!BY THE WAY SCOTT I FOUND ANOTHER CLOTHES PIN IN MY LUGGAGE. LOL.  THE LAST EPISODE SHOWED ALOT OF MIXED EMOTIONS BETWEEN US ALL, THAT WAS THE REAL PORTAYAL OF OUR WEEK IN THE HOUSE, FIGHTING, LAUGHING, CRYING, HUGGING AND ALOT OFCOMMUNICATING (WITHOUT YELLING), WE ALL WISH YOU COULD HAVE SEEN IT ALL, BUT WE WOULD BE GOING INTO THE SUMMER MONTHS AND I KNOW IF A QUARTER OF WHAT WE LIVED IN THAT HOUSE WAS SHOWN, ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULD HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS OF US.   THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT, CHERI
All caps is really hard to read, I am saying this in a friendly way, but in internet land it is considered yelling besides the fact that it makes it very very hard to read.

March 9, 2007, 3:42 pm CST

CAPS

Quote From: penny_lady

All caps is really hard to read, I am saying this in a friendly way, but in internet land it is considered yelling besides the fact that it makes it very very hard to read.

SORRY, this is definetely new to me, I do not correspond on the internet very often.  Why is it hard to read? Now I know why when I use caps people respond like I may have offended them, WHOOPS, IN A FRIENDLY WAY

March 9, 2007, 3:48 pm CST

SORRY, this is definetely new to me, I do not correspond on the internet very often.  Why is it hard to read? Now I know why when I use caps people respond like I may have offended them, WHOOPS, IN A FRIENDLY WAY

:o)

I am not sure why it's considered yelling, but I've been chatting for over a decade now and that's how it's always been, actually, as funny as it might seem, when I read words in all caps I "hear" yelling in my head. (I'm one of those readers who hears the words in her head as she reads.)

I do have a hard time reading it, probably only because I'm not used to it.

March 9, 2007, 6:52 pm CST

I am not sure why it's considered yelling, but I've been chatting for over a decade now and that's how it's always been, actually, as funny as it might seem, when I read words in all caps I "hear" yelling in my head. (I'm one of those readers who hears the words in her head as she reads.)

The system of upper and lower case letters serve as visual cues for us. We read faster and more efficiently when we are guided by these cues (along with punctuation, paragraphs, etc.)

I think the YELLING is an Internet protocol, although we use all caps for emphasis. So if you are emphasizing every word, it is like yelling.

March 10, 2007, 12:18 am CST

Quote From: julie1418

The system of upper and lower case letters serve as visual cues for us. We read faster and more efficiently when we are guided by these cues (along with punctuation, paragraphs, etc.)

I think the YELLING is an Internet protocol, although we use all caps for emphasis. So if you are emphasizing every word, it is like yelling.

I never thought about it like that, but yes, I guess that is the point of punctuation, upper and lowercase letters....visual cues to make communication easier. Thanks Julie...you teacher you! LOL

March 10, 2007, 4:29 am CST

i sometimes find i have used cap lock by accident  lol, i let my lazy finger hit cap lock when meaning to hit the A hehehehe.

March 10, 2007, 7:46 am CST

I'm the same way about "hearing" the words in my head.

Actually I was totally computer illiterate until just before Christmas last year. I felt like EVERYONE but me knew how to use a computer. So I got hooked up and the rest is history. I feel like capital letters are yelling too. Or,like above ,when I want to emphasize a certain word. Previously, a guest on the show posted after she had been on the show with a question about how to get out of her situation. I posted to her in caps because I felt like I wanted to YELL at her. She was asking how to get out of her situation and I said TAKE YOUR CHILDREN BY THE HAND AND WALK OUT THE DOOR! I felt like I was yelling.

March 10, 2007, 11:44 am CST

Dr. Phil house

I watch thoose shows when there where fighting and i dont think any of them are going to hang on.

-ash

March 10, 2007, 11:47 am CST

Dr. Phil house

i dont really think its going to work out.

-Ash

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last