Message Boards

Topic : 08/29 Moms Gone Wild

Number of Replies: 214
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 13, 2007, 03:14:02 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/19/07) Some moms don’t want to grow up, and others don’t want to grow old. Dr. Phil talks to women walking on the wild side and tries to rein them back in! Aubrey says her sister, Elise, would rather drink and party every night than take care of her 8-year-old son. Their mom, Heidi, is raising Elise’s child and says Elise wants to be a parent only when it’s convenient for her. Elise promises her family that she’s going to change, but what will it take for her to get her act together? Dr. Phil has a shocking proposition for her. Then, Greg says his wife, Lisa, is obsessed with plastic surgery and worries that it’s becoming a disease. He says she works at a plastic surgeon’s office just to get a better deal on surgery. Lisa, 39, admits that she’s spent nearly $100,000 on cosmetic procedures so she can look as young as her 21-year-old daughter and wants even more work done. Can Greg convince his wife to stop going under the knife? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 14, 2007, 10:03 am CDT

These moms are going overboard.

There's nothing wrong with staying in shape and taking care of ourselves and wearing make-up and caring how we look. But I have to draw the line at partying and not taking care of your children. I could probably benefit from plastic surgery,but I ain't havin' nothin' done that I don't absolutely have to have done.(Surgery I mean) That doesn't mean I don't think other people should have plastic surgery,but I think sometimes "enough is enough"!

April 14, 2007, 3:21 pm CDT

04/19 Moms Gone Wild

Quote From: housewife52

There's nothing wrong with staying in shape and taking care of ourselves and wearing make-up and caring how we look. But I have to draw the line at partying and not taking care of your children. I could probably benefit from plastic surgery,but I ain't havin' nothin' done that I don't absolutely have to have done.(Surgery I mean) That doesn't mean I don't think other people should have plastic surgery,but I think sometimes "enough is enough"!

I agree with you on that.

I've always said getting old, unavoidable but growing up is optional hehe.

I see nothing wrong with going out and partying ONCE and a WHILE, but when you are neglecting your kids, that's where you have to draw a line.

I'm scared to death of ANY surgery, so something unnecessary for me wouldn't happen, but what many women don't understand is that the body will only take so much before it rebels, and they end up looking WORSE than they ever did, if you're in your forties, get over it you will NOT look twenty one again, sad truth there is no fountain of youth.

April 15, 2007, 4:35 am CDT

Is this show a repeat?

I remember a so-called mom like that a couple of years ago, mourning her lost pre-children life. She was really bitter about having had children, and Dr. Phil told her that if she couldn't  have the life she loved, she would have to love the life she had.

That phrase meant a lot me, as I was in depression over what I had lost (completely different  story), and it help me start to climb back out of the pit.

April 15, 2007, 8:28 pm CDT

Crazy

That is too bad that this lady, who spent like 100,000.00 on surgery, couldn't have taken that money and put it somewhere useful. Like how about a savings account for her children or for college? I agree with the person who said that growing old is unavoidable and growing up is optional. I don't see anything wrong w/ cosmetic surgery, but $100,000 worth is ridiculous. And trying to keep up looking like your 21 yr. old daughter? If that is her picture I saw on this site for the show, then she looks far from a 21 yr. old! She looks almost non-human. And that is what an excessive amount of cosmetic surgery can do to a person, especially in the face as it is so delicate. Your face is hard to hide. and some things done badly can't be reversed or restored to the way it was before no matter how much surgery or money you have.

April 15, 2007, 11:06 pm CDT

Grow Up!

Oh for goodness sake, some people just need to grow up & not just act their age, but it doesn't kill one to look it.  How does Lisa know that she wouldn't have looked even better without $100,000 of plastic surgery.  For gosh sake's she's only 39!  What is she going to do when she hits 50, if she can't stand how she looks at 39?  I'm sure her 21 year old daughter really doesn't appreciate a mom that wants to look younger than her and why the mom thinks that she needs to compete with her own daughter is beyond my mental comprehension. I think she's addicted to plastic surgery now and will never be satisfied with how she looks.  She needs therapy and lots of it. Just think of how many really needy people that she could have helped with $100,000 instead of wasting it on plastic surgery. What a waste, of money, of her time, of her husbands time, and of her energy and mental health to look "younger."  There are more important things in most people's life than this sick "forever young attitude."

April 16, 2007, 4:49 am CDT

04/19 Moms Gone Wild

i for one cant understand what it is that so many people see wrong with aging,the beauty of a tree isn't seen till the tree grows for many years, and a persons wisdom as well isn't seen till they too have aged for many years, when we cover up our age we give up wisdom . and thats the most important thing adults have to pass on to the young. sooo what if you have a few wrinkles it wont change who you are it only shows you are full of wisdom, and not a lot of hot air.

April 16, 2007, 7:51 am CDT

Been there, own a series of t-shirts...

I've had the plastic surgery and I've done the bar scene. I've also been married 7 times.  If I could stand on a podium and reach every woman sitting in a bar, restaurant, cruise, vacation, etc., in search of a "good time" or 'the love of her life" I would say, GET REAL!!!  I am blessed at this time in my life with a wonderful husband. Not perfect, but wonderful "for me."  We enjoy life and learn from one another and it's great. Not easy. But great.  In looking back, I have missed monumental moments with my children and my family and friends.  I will never be able to get those times back and I will never be able to make up for the love, support and commitment I failed to share with my children, family and friends. Most importantly, my children. Now, at ages 28 and 31 they have problems having healthy relationships and as my son said "I've never seen one so I don't know what one looks like."  Cuts to the core, but is the bold and honest truth.  Ladies, pull your heads out of whomever he is and LOVE YOUR CHILDREN, family and friends! A man does not make you who you are.  You do and the love of your children. Your greatest blessing. After that, it's all good.

April 16, 2007, 10:41 am CDT

Thank you afraid, that's a wonderful way to look at age!

Quote From: afraid

i for one cant understand what it is that so many people see wrong with aging,the beauty of a tree isn't seen till the tree grows for many years, and a persons wisdom as well isn't seen till they too have aged for many years, when we cover up our age we give up wisdom . and thats the most important thing adults have to pass on to the young. sooo what if you have a few wrinkles it wont change who you are it only shows you are full of wisdom, and not a lot of hot air.
I looked in the mirror and decided that I'm so full of wisdom , it ain't funny!

April 16, 2007, 10:45 am CDT

DO OVER

YES OF COURSE THERE ARE THINGS WE WANT TO DO OVER; THERE ARE THINGS IN OUR PAST AND CHILDHOOD THAT WILL NEVER HEAL.

AS FOR MYSELF THE REMAKE I DID FOR MYSELF BY MYSELF TRANSCENDED A TOTAL EMOTIONAL COLLAPSE. I WORKED LIKE A DEMON TO REINVENT MYSELF.

NOW AGAIN I AM WORKING TO AGAIN MAKE MYSELF OVER ALONG WITH MY DEEPLY ROOTED PERSONALITY FLAWS THAT ONLY SLAP ME IN THE FACE, NOW I AM OLDER AND

HOPEFULLY WISER;FORGIVING THE TORTUROUS EVENTS THAT I ALONE ALLOWED TO HOLD ME BACK. WELL, A NOT SO WONDERFUL BEDSIDE MANNER BUT ARTFUL SURGEON TOLD ME I HAD BETTER WIN THE LOTTO TO PAY FOR ALL I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE DONE CAN YOU IMAGINE THE HURT????.

I HAVE A STRONG DETERMINATION AND I PRAY I CAN LOOK MYSELF IN THE MIRROR ONEDAY AND SEE AN OLDER BUT BEAUTIFUL ME AND NOT HIDE ANYMORE.MAYBE YOU CAN GO OVERBOARD WITH PLASTIC SURGERY, BUT GOOD LORD, I WOULD DO A DOUBLEBACK FLIP FOR THE CHANCE!!!

April 16, 2007, 12:23 pm CDT

Kids Always Pay

I see nothing wrong with moms wanting to feel young. Doesn't everyone want to feel that way....especially the older we get. But to what expense. When it starts effecting your family then its gone to far. You can still go out as a couple and on your own and have a good time without it effecting your family in a negative way. I just don't understand these women who have children when they really would rather not have them. Whether its out of a sense of obligation because they are female or family pressure, etc. It always seems to be the kids that pay the price.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last