Message Boards

Topic : Self Image

Number of Replies: 1173
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 08:53:12 am
Author : dataimport
Do you have a positive or negative self image? Share your struggles and tips with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 23, 2005, 4:17 pm CDT

Depends on the mood I am in

Sometimes I have a  bad self image and sometimes I have a good self image it depends on what type of day I had

July 23, 2005, 5:39 pm CDT

Hi...

What really is a self Image?  Im really truly not sure?

July 24, 2005, 1:04 pm CDT

grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

why is it that sometimes just for a brief moment we look at ourselves and think wow look at me and like two seconds later you can turn around and be like omg look at you ewwwww!!!!!!!!

July 24, 2005, 1:51 pm CDT

Hi.....

why is it that sometimes just for a brief moment we look at ourselves and think wow look at me and like two seconds later you can turn around and be like omg look at you ewwwww!!!!!!!!

Why are you stressed?

BTW

I never look at myself and think WOW.......

Today I look at myself completely differently in the mirror.

July 24, 2005, 2:16 pm CDT

Self Image

Why are you stressed?

BTW

I never look at myself and think WOW.......

Today I look at myself completely differently in the mirror.

Well, I don't really think wow much at all just everyonce in a blue moon I look in the mirror and think well, that's not so bad you look kind of nice but it last like a few seconds and then well yeah.  I just wish i could hold and capture that brief moment when i think you know your kind of pretty but it's never happened.  What do you mean today you look at yourself completely differently in the mirror?  I tell you sometimes I look in the mirror and just want to throw something at it LOL!!!  I guess i am so stressed partly because right now i am so confused about so many things.  the picture here you know if this is so beautiful and  cared for so much don't you think when we look in the mirror that we should see something quite as beautiful as this picture.  I mean we are unique and fearfully and wonderfully made.  The thing is I don't see that when I look at me but i can see it in others.  I would like to feel like what i see in the picture beauty and peace.  I can just imagine all the storms and stuff going on around that scene still it stays calm.

July 24, 2005, 2:38 pm CDT

That sure is a beutiful Beautiful picture...

Like Dr. Phil says.....and its true.....

For the First time this Summer I was swimming Over My girl friends pool and it was sunset and the clouds were swirls of pretty pink and puffy white and co mingled was blue and pales of pink and as I was swirling around and looking around up in the sky along with the heat along with the coolness of the water and my face and the silence and I looked up and saw this beauty I felt beautiful too and one with the world.

I did alot of hard work here Over the past couple of months.  It does take from working from the inside out.  Anyone can actually "look' pretty from the outside but pure beauty comes from within after all your cobwebs are cleared....after all unnessary hurt and shamme are swept away...

After all negative emotions and pain are placed where it needs to be placed.

My GOD is pure love Like that sunset or your Mountain scape...

I used to weigh 330 pounds...Now I am 157 so NOW when I look in the mirror I see this dynamic person who should have been there the whole time the "New Pretty if you will....Not the (Former FATTie...NOT the ADDICT....NOT THE MENTAL PATIENT.......The NEW PRETTIE....THE sunset..THE MOUNTAIN... THE GREAT THUNDER.....xoxoxo

July 24, 2005, 3:10 pm CDT

You said my GOD!!!

He is the only reason I know what i see in the mirror can't be real!!!  I know that He has cared for even the flowers and has taken time with them so if He does that for them then wow, what He has done for us.  I know it is the beauty on the inside that matters and well by what others say the see Him in me.  So well He is beauty so i know there is beauty in me.  It just seems like no matter what when i see me it is never good enough.  It isn't even so much i care what others think about me it is what i see when i look at me (outside) and well yeah i don't know. 

July 24, 2005, 7:26 pm CDT

You are Beauty

He is the only reason I know what i see in the mirror can't be real!!! I know that He has cared for even the flowers and has taken time with them so if He does that for them then wow, what He has done for us. I know it is the beauty on the inside that matters and well by what others say the see Him in me. So well He is beauty so i know there is beauty in me. It just seems like no matter what when i see me it is never good enough. It isn't even so much i care what others think about me it is what i see when i look at me (outside) and well yeah i don't know.

You are perfection Perfection for this time for his perfect plan for right this moment...

Trust God's perfect plan and this VAST process of knowing...

If you truly believe what it is that you type...and You are God's child than you are perfect!

The best thing you can do with any 24 hours is live as honorably as you possibly can.  Try not to pollute your mind with negative thoughts or behaviors.  Stay clean in mind body and spirit and help others along the way...

Well that's the path I'm taking anyway  xoxox

July 24, 2005, 7:42 pm CDT

Self Image

You are perfection Perfection for this time for his perfect plan for right this moment...

Trust God's perfect plan and this VAST process of knowing...

If you truly believe what it is that you type...and You are God's child than you are perfect!

The best thing you can do with any 24 hours is live as honorably as you possibly can. Try not to pollute your mind with negative thoughts or behaviors. Stay clean in mind body and spirit and help others along the way...

Well that's the path I'm taking anyway xoxox

oooo yes i do believe i was even a missionary for 2 years.......  i love God soooo much and i know He loves me soooo much........  i know that when He looks at me He sees no flaw.....  i know a lot of stuff and i really know it so it makes it more frustrating to me when i see that i well hmm i guess don't see myself how He does.........  but i truely am a christian!!! 

July 24, 2005, 7:45 pm CDT

Oh Im so proud of you!

Where were you a missionary?  That sounds so wonderful...

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last