Message Boards

Topic : Trying to Quit Smoking?

Number of Replies: 951
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 08:54:00 am
Author : dataimport
You're not alone. Meet others who know just what you're going through, and together we'll get closer to Dr. Phil's vision for a smoke-free America.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 26, 2005, 10:24 pm CDT

Walmart and other stuff....

I used to work at Walmart when I was looking for extra cash at Christmas.... I would never work thier again!  LOL  I had an iccident where they forgot to put a pair of jeans I bought, I phoned them and talked to the manager, and they said bring in your reciept and we'll see what we can do.  I said see what you can do?  No you will give me another pair of jeans.  And they did.  Talk to the big guy, go over the managers head. Yell and make a big stink.  Don't let them push you!  You go girl!  LOL

When this board disappeared.  I occassionally thought of trying to quit again, but now that it is back up I think of it way more often .... so if you guys don't mind I am going to keep posting, (so I keep thinking about it!) I do feel as though I shouldn't be posting until I quit, but like I said if I don't I won't quit. 

Did Ann ever come back???  Did she suceed?  I sure hope so, I would be so proud of you if you quit with out the support of the board!!  And your hubby???

I have totally gone of the Welbutrin, for the time being, I thought I needed to give my body the break from it.  I will go on it again in a week or two to get my self ready.  As I mentioned before once the kids are in school, I am going to the gym and turning over my new leaf! 

Yes Shelly, I agree we should give this board a good try.  It is just something new and we need to get used to it.  I must admit it is a lot of change and after awhile it will be ok.  I have a question....when I am writing my message, and when I am in message title, I can't use my backspace buttom???? Does any one esle have that problem?  WHen I am in the message part (as I am now) my back space button works fine......WEIRD! 

Well I am off to bed.....chow for now........

July 26, 2005, 10:25 pm CDT

Good Luck Shelly!

Quote From: mommacros

Well everyone....I know you are sick of hearing about this from me....but I just smoked my last one. 10 minutes ago. So here goes....I am in it for the long haul.

Everyone...I know this board is frustrating but our friendship is worth a little bit of a pain in the a**. Please keep posting....we will get used to the board.

I just have to vent....I went to Wal-mart tonight to get stuff for our trip....I had to purchase a swimsuit for the waterpark and to go swimming at my sister in-law's house. Well they charged me twice for it....so when I got home I called them to tell them....they told me to bring all my bags back so they could look at them....well I said you are crazy....I have just unpacked them and if you think I am taking my 2 small children back in the car so I can prove that you guys overcharged me you are nuts. I spent $150 there....then the manager on duty tells me to come in tomorrow and he will see what he can do....so I said what do you mean see what you can do....I expect to get my money back!!!!then he said I said I'll give you your $20 back...I said no you said ..... then he hangs up on me. So I call back and he tells me the phone fell.....what are the chances of a phone falling and hanging up on someone? I hate Wal-mart....the people who work at the one near my house are always sooooo ignorant to customers. btw my Mom works at that wal-mart (oops) I am soooo agitated from my shopping trip I could just about scream.

On top of all that.....did I say I bought a bathing suit? Yikes!!!! I really have to tone my body.

Lots of Love

Shelly

I hope you have the strenght to do it!  I now you do!  Go for it!  Life will be better, and it will get easier for you. 

Rememeber when you are having fun with your kids, you won't have to take a break! 

July 26, 2005, 10:25 pm CDT

*%@*S&

well folks..the above thing are cusswords..I had written this long involved post..AGAIN, telling everyone hello, etc..commenting on stuff as before..my husband saw how long it was..I hit the preview, then went to make a correction in one the words and lost the whole Da** thing..I am spitting nails..so much for accepting things as they are..I will try it all again tomorrow..I really wanted to catch everyone up..but I'll have to do it tomorrow..it's late here and I have CAssie as well as a dog I rescued from the streets today..he's skin and bones and I have to get him to the shelter tomorrow..he's a sweet little thing, someone will adopt him..he was covered in fleas, so now Rick is trying to spray him down, etc and so on..what a mess..but I couldn't let him keep hanging around my daughter's.  He'd been there for a week and she gave him water but no food..I was so ticked at her..Shelly, the Walmart thing, I could go on and on and I did..but I lost it..this is the worst message board I've ever been on..Mario congrats on 7 months, Linda, welcome back, Aggie, thanks for keeping me in touch when the board was down and I'M glad we're all back, welcome to the newcomers and prayers that Kathy makes it back..I will not hit the preview, so if there are errors..big deal, LOL..love to all , check in tomorrow..xoxoxo Ann

I will quit smoking in 5 days, 7 hours, 34 minutes and 39 seconds.

July 26, 2005, 10:28 pm CDT

Leasap and Tray

glad you are both back too..I have to sit down tomorrow and read all the posts..I just scanned a few trying to figure this darn thing out..what a mess..Dr Phil, 'WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?????"

July 26, 2005, 10:29 pm CDT

Ann

I just read your post, we were posting at the same time!  LOL

I see you will quit smoking in 5 days.  Good for you! 

Dont' worry about previewing that seems to lose everyone, a glitch Dr. P needs to fix! 

Such a kind heart to take in that dog!  (with the fleas and all!)

Hope alll is well!

July 26, 2005, 10:30 pm CDT

We did it again ann!

LoL We keep posting almost the same times! LOL  Good night!

July 27, 2005, 4:59 am CDT

Good morning everyone

Well I made it through the night!!!!! tee hee who knew I could make it a whole night(while sleeping) without smoking!?! I'll bet just about everyone in the world has something to say about Wal-mart. I have come to the conclusion that I am not going to shop there anymore....I know, I know.....big corporations like that don't care if we go there or not. but it makes me feel better.

I feel a little anxious this morning...just have to keep taking it moment by moment for the next couple of days. I really want this. by the way when I get stressed I grind my teeth...let me tell you my teeth are killing me!!!!!

Lots of Love

Shelly

P.S.

I will probably post a lot today.....hope no one minds. I am going away today too....so if I forget to say bye in my rush see you on Saturday or Sunday.

July 27, 2005, 5:02 am CDT

oops I forgot

Here is a little stat flash for ya!!!!!! teehee

10 hours, 34 minutes and 44 seconds. 8 cigarettes not smoked, saving $3.52. Life saved: 40 minutes.

July 27, 2005, 6:15 am CDT

PLEASE HELP !!!!

Well like everything else, when you are trying to quit smoking or have quit for a while, some days you wonder which way is UP !!!  This board, the way is designed to work, makes me wonder, which way is up^^^^^. Whoever is monitoring this board, must be sleeping, there are enough complaints, that it needs to go back to the old way!!!!!! Or at least number the letters and responses. Please do something to help us out. To fight nicotine addiction is one of the hardest type. So please make the message board easier for us to follow in helping the ones that need help.

Linda

Three months, three weeks, five days, 12 hours, 13 minutes and 55 seconds. 2844 cigarettes not smoked, saving $537.37. Life saved: 1 week, 2 days, 21 hours, 0 minutes.

July 27, 2005, 6:50 am CDT

Wow

You know it is crazy....I am sitting here having a very big fight with myself....this little voice...and we all know which one... is saying to me....just go and buy some......quit when you start work again.....it will be easier then... I know logically that it won't be easier at anytime.....I just have to continue taking it one moment at a time.....but dang that nicodemon sure is strong...it almost feels stronger this time than it did the first time I quit....Is it possible for it to get stronger each time you try to quit?

I feel about ready to climb the walls. My teeth hurt, my skin hurts, my head hurts......perhaps if I stop wallowing in it and go do something it will get easier. I just don't want to leave the house because the temptation will be there to go buy some.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

Shelly 12 hours, 22 minutes and 45 seconds. 10 cigarettes not smoked, saving $4.12. Life saved: 50 minutes.
IS THAT ALL?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last