Message Boards

Topic : Giving and Receiving Support

Number of Replies: 843
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 09:08:39 am
Author : dataimport
What is the best way to support those you love who are coping with depression or grieving a loss? Post your tips and share support with others.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 6, 2009, 3:30 pm CST

Lose of a spouse

I recently lost my spouse. He died in a very tragic accident. I didn't even get to say goodbye. I have lost other people in my life, but none compare  to loosing my spouse.

February 13, 2009, 9:02 am CST

Lost

Like many people I thought I had a pretty good life. Loving husband beautiful children, nice house.  Then, my world was rocked.  My husband was diagnosed with Stage 3 Colon cancer.  Luckily we made it through and he is doing better.  It was a year long journey that I wouldn't wish on anyone and I support anyone who is a cancer survivor, it is a tough battle on the patient and their family.  So after that I thought ok speed bump and started going along happy and thankful.  Then slam-my oldest child came to me and told me that she had been molested by a family member.   I was shocked, I of course didn't doubt her story because she was my child and I know she wouldn't have made an accusation if it wasn't true. Plus, I could see the pain in her eyes. I'll never forget that look.  So, I confronted the family member and he admitted that it happened and went into counseling.  My child is in therapy and is doing as well as she can for now.  I have not spoken with the family member since I was told about the molestation.  We were once very close.  He has reached out to me, but I cannot bring myself to speak with him.  The rest of the family has turned their backs on us.  Why, your guess is as good as mine. Fear maybe. I don't know.  I tried therapy but I don't think I had the right fit for me.  I wasn't looking for a quick fix or anything I just needed to talk to someone who could help me deal with my feelings, and that didn't happen.  If anyone has any words of wisdom for me I would be grateful.

March 19, 2009, 10:22 am CDT

lost my mom recently

i recently at the end of febuary got a phone call from my mom b.f. in mexico . he called to tell us that she died .but he didn't know from what . and now i am trying to get answers but i don;t know where to start looking . does anyone have any advice for me . i am a mom myself of three beautiful girls who never got to see their grandma cause my mom has been gone for 5 years and this was the first time we heard anything for him about her.

First | Prev | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | Next Page | Last Page