Message Boards

Topic : 09/03 Who's the Evil-Doer?

Number of Replies: 131
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, August 31, 2007, 10:15:25 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil’s guests say their mothers-in-law are just plain evil and out to destroy their marriages. Cindy started having second thoughts on her wedding day when her mother-in-law, Janet, began talking about her son, Jeremy’s, overly active sex life with a former flame. After Janet refused to apologize, Cindy and Jeremy cut off contact with her. They now have a son whom Janet has seen only once. Janet says Cindy is really the malicious one, and she needs to stop turning her son against her. Then, Vivian says her mother-in-law, Phyllis, is so evil, she takes pride in people thinking she’s having an affair with her very own son. Phyllis says Vivian is a master manipulator who has torn the family apart and kept her from seeing her grandchildren. Is there any hope of repairing these relationships? And, what can the men do to keep from being caught in the middle of their wives and their mothers? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 14, 2008, 7:08 am CDT

My mother-in-law tore my family apart!

I must say I have the most manipulative, sneaky, and evil mother-in-law in the world! She destoryed my relationship with my husband as well as destroyed his relationship with our 16 daughter. When she is not getting attention from her husband she looks for attention from her son. She has lied and manipulated him to believe she is the only one that will ever love him. Yes...he is so insecure and wants so much to believe she loves him , he believes everything she says. She never was much of a mother when they were kids, so now she cuddles him and calls him"HON.", hugs him in public and holds his hand. They look more like lovers then mother and son.  He is 45 years old and talks to her every night on msn. They live in different parts of the country. I live with our 3 girls in another town from him. He still sees the kids every second weekend...and she is far away from me and my girls. She may control and mess his head up but will never get at my kids!! I will never let her see, talk or be near us!! However, he is convinced she is only doing what she thinks is right and he blames me for everything. I still love him, but hate her more!!!! So until she is soooo dead in the ground will I ever trust his decisions...until then I speak very few words to him! It is sad she has ruined her son. She calls him her Baby Boy...shame she doesn't give him the credit to call him a man...this way she keeps him for herself...he will always be her baby. The truth is she wouldn't help him if he needed money to survive or feed his family though...she would say"Oh hon, I'm sure you'll be fine."...that way she doesn't have to help him only controls him!!  My next mother-in-law will be dead!!

First | Prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next Page | Last Page