Message Boards

Topic : 09/10 Season 6 Premiere!

Number of Replies: 2174
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 07, 2007, 03:30:35 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The Dr. Phil show is kicking off its sixth season, so buckle up because Dr. Phil is coming at you with intensity! This year, he tackles the news stories that impact you – from celebrity meltdowns to school tragedies. He delivers the news to you as it breaks on a revolutionary, high-tech news platform that will change the way you stay informed! Today, he exposes a deadly trend that’s sweeping the nation: driving while sending text messages. Between Blackberrys and cell phones, Americans have a harder and harder time keeping their eyes on the road, but with teens, the problem is even worse. Seventeen-year-old Chelsea averages 5,000 text messages a month and insists that she can text while driving a stick shift. What will it take for her to put the brakes on her dangerous hobby? Plus, Patrick killed a man while texting and driving, and he’s still living with guilt. Will his tragic story be a wake-up call for Chelsea? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 8, 2007, 12:31 am CDT

Season 6 Premier

Hmmm... texting while driving... That's smart. Take your eyes off the road in the middle of a city in traffic to tell your friend that you're on your way by punching on the buttons on your cell phone... (In case you haven't noticed, I AM being VERY sarcastic). People like that shouldn't be allowed to drive if they're going to deliberately distract themselves. Vehicles are basically missiles with breaks and steering, and it's up to the person behind the wheel to make sure that they're not going to crash into anything by paying absolute attention to what they're doing and what's going on around them. If everyone paid attention to what they were doing behind the wheel and what was going on around them, there would be far less accidents on the road!

Just my take on things. Looking forward to Season Six!!

Nightangel1282

September 8, 2007, 6:23 am CDT

09/10 Season 6 Premiere!

Quote From: nightangel1282

Hmmm... texting while driving... That's smart. Take your eyes off the road in the middle of a city in traffic to tell your friend that you're on your way by punching on the buttons on your cell phone... (In case you haven't noticed, I AM being VERY sarcastic). People like that shouldn't be allowed to drive if they're going to deliberately distract themselves. Vehicles are basically missiles with breaks and steering, and it's up to the person behind the wheel to make sure that they're not going to crash into anything by paying absolute attention to what they're doing and what's going on around them. If everyone paid attention to what they were doing behind the wheel and what was going on around them, there would be far less accidents on the road!

Nightangel1282

Distractions, texting, dialing, answering, cell phones. Changing CD's, radio stations, eating, digging in your purse for something. READING. I have seen all and more. I am a driving instructor, teaching mostly teenagers.  In my state a driver on a permit can not use their cell phone while they are driving. But like all adults as soon as they get their license  they can. Our teenagers model after their parents. So do you use your phone? then why won't your teen.

A few months back we lost a teenage girl. Had her license for just over a month.  The phone records show she hit send 30 seconds before she crashed into the back of a large dump truck. Killed her instantly. There was no sign that she ever even hit the brakes. Chances are she  never even saw it.  Sadly several other teens saw it happen. 

Wake up people. If you are going to drive then drive. If you need to talk on the phone (or text) pull over.

September 8, 2007, 8:21 am CDT

Unflattering Sound Byte

The Dr. Phil show is my favorite show and I get a lot of information from it.  And, I think part of the reason the show flows so easily is because it's well done behind the scenes, too.

However, I saw the little promo for the new season and I couldn't help but wonder about the way it was spliced.  They have snippets of Dr. Phil speaking.  At the end, the announcer says, "ONLY ON DR. PHIL"

Then the Dr. Phil soundbyte has him saying, "THIS IS CRAP!"

Just not a good juxtaposition for an advertising piece, if you ask me.

September 8, 2007, 9:37 am CDT

CELL PHONES WHILE DRIVING

Quote From: nightangel1282

Nightangel1282

I live in Newfoundland/Canada - and it's the first Province in Canada to out-law using cell phones while driving.  It is a law, which is enforced.    You see people now - pulled off on the side of the road - making their calls.   As my mother once said - "you can't do two things at the same time and do them  both well" and I have found that to be so true.   Here too you can report someone using a cell phone while driving, as long as you testify in court;   More places should outlaw using cell phones and text messages while driving.  

September 8, 2007, 9:38 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Doctor Phil Premiere Season Sixth. I cannot wait to see this on Monday September 10th, 2007.--

See you next week. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------------------------------

September 8, 2007, 9:53 am CDT

text messaging

near our little town in upstate ny ...4 beautiful girls burrned to death in an accident caused by the driver of their car text messaging . i think it should be illegal and removed as an option form cell phones .

September 8, 2007, 11:11 am CDT

09/10 Season 6 Premiere!

Quote From: bjbuterfli

Distractions, texting, dialing, answering, cell phones. Changing CD's, radio stations, eating, digging in your purse for something. READING. I have seen all and more. I am a driving instructor, teaching mostly teenagers.  In my state a driver on a permit can not use their cell phone while they are driving. But like all adults as soon as they get their license  they can. Our teenagers model after their parents. So do you use your phone? then why won't your teen.

A few months back we lost a teenage girl. Had her license for just over a month.  The phone records show she hit send 30 seconds before she crashed into the back of a large dump truck. Killed her instantly. There was no sign that she ever even hit the brakes. Chances are she  never even saw it.  Sadly several other teens saw it happen. 

Wake up people. If you are going to drive then drive. If you need to talk on the phone (or text) pull over.

A teenage girl in Arizona, while texting and driving, killed another young woman on the highway.   The news said she also never touched the brakes, but went over the center line and drove head on into this other woman.   Of course, not a scratch on her.  I wonder if this is the Chelsea that Dr. Phil is talking to?  If not, she definitely needs some work! 

September 8, 2007, 12:31 pm CDT

TEXTING WHILE DRIVING

FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO SAY DR.PHIL YOU ROCK AND I REALLY APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT YOU TALK ABOUT WHATS GOING ON NOW . SECONDLY, I WOULD LIKE TO SAY, WHATS GOING ON IN PEOPLES MIND WHEN THEY THINK THAT IT'S OKAY TO DRIVE BY YOURSELF AT 17 AND THEN USE YOUR DRIVING HANDS TO TEXT TO SOMEONE AND POSSIBLY CAUSE AN ACCIDENT. I WILL BE FIFTY IN 5 MONTHS AND I PULL OVER AND TALK  OR I WILL NOT ANSWER THE PHONE UNTIL I GET WHERE I'M GOING.TEENAGERS ARE GETTING TOO MUCH FREEDOM AND SOME FEEL LIKE THATS STILL NOT ENOUGH, SO THEY GO TO THE NEXT LEVEL. ALOT OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS SAY LET THEM ALONE THEY HAVE TO LEARN AND THEN THEY END UP IN JAIL OR DEAD. PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DO WHAT THEY WHAT TO DO , BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO ACCEPT IT WHEN THEY ARE AT YOUR HOUSE OR IN YOUR PRESENCE. I KNOW ITS NOT JUST TEENAGERS WHO TEXT MESSAGE WHILE DRIVING , BUT THATS WHO YOU HAVE ON YOUR SHOW.

September 8, 2007, 12:50 pm CDT

Texting while driving?

If I were her parents I'd have that  phone taken from her so fast she wouldn't know what hit her.  Better an angry teen at the parent than the parent's looking at her dead body in a morgue or for the inconsiderate teen to be responsible for the deaths of other people.  A couple of months ago I saw a news article on televsion where a whole carload of teen girls were killed.  They suspected that the driver had been text messaging at the time of the crash.  Tragic.

September 8, 2007, 1:01 pm CDT

09/10 Season 6 Premiere!

Using cell phones while driving should be banned in every state!  It is becoming an epidemic.  In my area, there are so many distracted drivers, that it is the norm, rather than the exception.

I was traveling along a major highway a while back. Heavy traffic:  Everyone was doing 70 - 75 mph.  I was in the middle lane and came up very rapidly behind someone going very slow.  I swerved around just in time not to hit him.  As I passed, I looked over to see  some idiot guy totally absorbed in some kind of argument on his cell phone. Totally oblivious to traffic!  I estimated his speed at about 50 -55 mph.  He took everyone's safety into his hands that day! It's a wonder there wasn't a major pile up because of him. 

"Hands free" cells are no better.  The driver is still distracted. I make it a point never to use (or answer) my cell phone while I'm driving.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last