Message Boards

Topic : 12/26 The Nanny Affair, Part 1

Number of Replies: 962
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 07, 2007, 03:33:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/12/07) Affairs, fights, lies and dark secrets are tearing a family apart. Brandon and Amy have been married for 2 1/2 years and have three children. One year into their marriage, Brandon was caught having an affair with their teenage nanny. Was she the only one, or did he cheat with others? The couple's tumultuous relationship reached a breaking point when Amy, who said she feared for her life, obtained a restraining order against Brandon. What led him to file divorce papers?  Then, five months into the proceedings, their relationship reignited. Why did Amy let Brandon back into her life? Amy's parents and her ex-best friend, Heidi, say Amy's heading down the road to disaster. So why do they doubt Brandon's recent revelations? And, why does Brandon say Amy's ruining his reputation? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 8, 2007, 12:43 am CDT

The Nanny Affair Pt1

He was sleeping with the TEENAGE nanny??? Isn't that... against the law down there in the States? Wouldn't that be classified as statutory rape? (Hm... guess I'll have to wait for the show to get the answers to THOSE questions...)

Anyway, I say once a cheater, always a cheater. I wouldn't bother with him. Of course, there are kids in the equation as well, and that would complicate things significantly wouldn't it? Hmmm.... Looking forward to seeing this one!!

Nightangel1282

September 8, 2007, 9:11 am CDT

Maybe or Maybe Not???

Quote From: nightangel1282

He was sleeping with the TEENAGE nanny??? Isn't that... against the law down there in the States? Wouldn't that be classified as statutory rape? (Hm... guess I'll have to wait for the show to get the answers to THOSE questions...)

Anyway, I say once a cheater, always a cheater. I wouldn't bother with him. Of course, there are kids in the equation as well, and that would complicate things significantly wouldn't it? Hmmm.... Looking forward to seeing this one!!

Nightangel1282

It says she was a teenager. Could be 18 or 19. Of course thats of age in Oregon.
Maybe they will say the age on the show.

I wonder why they didn't get one of Brandon's friends to be on the show????

September 8, 2007, 9:48 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Affair Doctor Nanny One Part Phil. This is new one on me but this will do it. Doctor Phil I  hope that this show will do better than last season. Sincerley Your Russell Vlaanderen.--------------

September 8, 2007, 11:29 am CDT

cheaters never change

Why do women let men do this to them. he didn't only cheat on her with a women but he cheated on her with a teenager a kid practicaly!! Im sure she didn't hire this girl to watch her husband. that wife should have kept that divorce and let him be with the teenager or any other kid and let him get in trouble for being a petafile and not let it shame the family. Im sorry but i was always raised that your actions dosen't just reflect on you but your family to. I was told never act a fool like that. so now people are going to look at her saying that she is married to a petafile and she has kids. the general public would worry for the kids. he did it to a teenager do you think he would do somethin to the kids. you never now!!

September 8, 2007, 12:42 pm CDT

This is just too sick

I really do think it is sick that he was sleeping with the nanny.  I'm not sure if I could take the lying weasle back into my bed and home if I were his wife.  She needs to get herself tested for STDs.

September 8, 2007, 4:01 pm CDT

Petafile, Are you sure???

Quote From: juzzaboo

Why do women let men do this to them. he didn't only cheat on her with a women but he cheated on her with a teenager a kid practicaly!! Im sure she didn't hire this girl to watch her husband. that wife should have kept that divorce and let him be with the teenager or any other kid and let him get in trouble for being a petafile and not let it shame the family. Im sorry but i was always raised that your actions dosen't just reflect on you but your family to. I was told never act a fool like that. so now people are going to look at her saying that she is married to a petafile and she has kids. the general public would worry for the kids. he did it to a teenager do you think he would do somethin to the kids. you never now!!

I think not. Does it say that the nanny was a child? At what age are you considered an adult in your state? In Oregon it is 18 years old. You are a typical hater... You haven't ever seen the show yet and you are forming your own conclusion. Stupid. If you ask me, you are "acting a fool".

I wouldn't even be here, but I happen to know both Brandon and Amy. What is your excuse?

Get a life.

September 8, 2007, 5:03 pm CDT

un greatful husban.....

Hi dr phil.

regarding this issue,i think the  first thing she should have done was to go somewhere far from her husband ,just for afew weeks , so as to forget this matter. and if she didn/t manage forgetting it she should have ordered divorce, because impossoble to live with  ahusband who cheated her with a  nany,not only a nany but the idea  of cheating in general...

September 8, 2007, 5:05 pm CDT

I've been in this wife's position.....

My husband did this to me when I was 34............. brought a teenage (14yrs.old) PATIENT to live in our home the summer of 83'.  She was being placed in a child care institution in the Fall and he and her therapist worked this little plan out!  He KNEW this was wrong but he was always very good at justifying his actions.  It was probably the worse summer of my life and dealing with this "adoring teenage girl", who pranced around in babydoll pj's and cutoff jeans that left nothing to the imagination!  My own daughters where 4 and 6 years old and fortunately not old enough to realize what exactly was going on.  But they did "sense" that something was not right with mom during that horrible summer.  When this young girl FINALLY went into her new living situation it took less then 2 weeks for her to cut her wrists.  Of course my husband was certain that she was depressed and upset with her new situation............meaning she was not seeing my husband on a daily basis. 

For me............that was the beginning of the end.....  We had been married almost 13 years at that point and this was the 3rd time that he had become involved with another woman.  He always swore that there was no sex between them but they didn't have to actually have the physical act as far as I was concerned.  He flaunted (but was very cunning the way he did it) this child's adoration of him and it was humiliating and very, very upsetting to me.

It took another "affair" with yet another woman 2 years later that was the straw that broke the camels back.  She was another woman who he became involved with as a result of his "work".  He is a psychologist!  Again.....it was a woman that was quite a bit younger then he was.  I was done!!!

I was raised Catholic and when I got married I felt it was for the rest of my life.  We dated for 8 years before we married.  I put HIM thru school and helped get his private practice started.  At 34 he told me I was old and boring and I couldn't take anymore. 

It was difficult and scary and the unknown was terrifying to me but I moved on.  Got my nursing degree, and remarried when I was 40.  I learned that the best revenge is to live well and that is what we are doing.  But women need to know that this happens all the time. Sad but true.  And it works both ways --- with husbands AND wives!    And if there is one thing I have learned..............if they do it once...........they will do it again.  That is my opinion and from women I have talked to over the years......this is more common then not!!!

September 8, 2007, 6:03 pm CDT

brings back memories

Hi--This brings back memories from years ago  when I married someone that I did not love, however,  I was pregnant and then had no choice in the matter.  My family made it for me.   I cried through the entire ceremony, and then for weeks after.  The man would not work.  I gave birth to a son, that he never really  held  or feed at all.  We had no money, so i went to work within two weeks of giving birth.  At that time I was lucky enough to have found a baby sitter in the area with good references, but I had to take my son to her house.  I had to walk there and then take a bus to work.  We had a car, but I did not drive and my husband said I could not use it even if I did.  As time passed, I refused to give him any money that i had earned, as there were bills to pay and I had to pay the sitter, who was very good with my son.  However, she moved away and I had to find someone else.  My husband did get a job, but quit within a month saying that he had a heart problem and was not capable of working any more.   I could not trust him with my son, and one of my best friends offered to babysit at my house.  She would get a ride over every day and leave when I got home.  My son was being cared for very well.  No diaper rash, always bathed and feed, ready for bed by the time I got home.   One day I came home from work very early and very sick,  to my shock I found her in my robe, and my husband in bed.  They had been having an affair all the time I was working.   I , of course,  put a stop to everything right there, even though I could not stand the man I was married to, and I lost my friend in the process.  I never knew what she saw in him after knowing how he treated me and my son.  He threatened me with a shotgun, and promised to kill me if I touched my son and tried to leave.  Lucky for me he drank, and passed out.  I grabbed my boy and left in the very cold and snowy night, with only a couple of bottles for him and some diapers.  I could not get to my money because he was in that room with the shot gun.  I found an all night donut shop and went in to sit.  Someone gave me coffee and food and let me take care of my son for a couple of hours , until the morning crowd bagan to arrive.  I left and walked for a few miles to anither friends house.  After some sleep, I called the police, went back to the house and gathered up what I needed only for the baby.   I never looked back, got a divorce, refused any child support with the condition that he never try to see my son, {at that time the judge had no problem doing this}.   His claim to this was that I never gave him  any real love or support, and that he had to turn to other girls to have his sex life taken care of.   My providing him with a in house baby sitter was right up his alley, and he never had to leave the comfort of home? to find what he needed.  He did thank me for that.    ps.   he had never seen his son in over 30 yars, so different day --- same creeps.

September 8, 2007, 6:19 pm CDT

Screaming Infidelity

All I can say is that Brandon seems to be a very selfish man. Not only did he cheat on his wife, but he cheated her of a choice. How is she suppose to trust him again, let alone another female she can confide in? Her teenage nanny probably seemed harmless, sweet, charming, like most kids are, but then slept with her husband! The biggest problem I have with this situation is that he chose to roll around in the sheets of their marital bed, the place they call their home and raise their children together. It's a disgrace! I'd kick him to the curb because that is the line of respect you should never cross. On another note, why is she scared for her life? And what other questions could we answer if we know he is a violent, manipulated man? Maybe the nanny was pushed into an intimate affair. If Amy is scared of her own husband then how could any other female find him approachable? This seems like a sticky situation.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last