Message Boards

Topic : 09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Number of Replies: 105
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 21, 2007, 12:14:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Is everything in your life feeling predictable and humdrum? Are you lacking excitement in your job or in your marriage? Well, Bishop T.D. Jakes, author of Reposition Yourself: Living Life Without Limits, says you have the power to create the life you want! Bishop Jakes has one of the fastest-growing mega churches in Dallas. He’s a moviemaker, playwright, Grammy winner, best-selling author, and a person who inspires Dr. Phil. Get to know Bishop Jakes as he and Dr. Phil speak with guests who are ready to reposition their lives. First up are Kelly and Bobby, who are on the verge of divorce. Kelly wants out of her marriage because she says Bobby is not providing for the family, and they’ve acquired a huge amount of debt. Is divorce the answer? Next, Hunter says he’s the most negative man on the planet, and he’s been mad for 10 years! How can he escape his rut? Then, if you own a gun and keep it in your home, Tiffany has a powerful message you don’t want to miss. Can sharing her tragic story save her from the guilt and self-blame she feels? Talk about the show here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 24, 2007, 4:58 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

The message boards are all different.. Anywho.. He's a very wise man, I enjoyed this episode. The story of the young boy was heartbreaking.. the mother should never blaim herself, but I can only imagine how hard that is to actually do. Be strong for your other children! They need you!

September 24, 2007, 5:16 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

With this new set-up, it has taken me over an hour to find 'today's' show comment section. I'm lost. So hopefully this is it! On today's show, Tiffany, lost her 3 yr.old son because of a gun that was under a pillow, and he came across it. I truly feel her pain! I have four son's myself, now grown and on their own, but when they were small, everything that hurt them, hurt me. I would cry because they fell and had to get stitches, and I'd feel guilty cuz I should of watched him better and he would not have fell. Guilt is a terrible thing...and when your actions cause something terrible to happen to your child, guilt can become all-consuming. With that said: I am not writing this to "add" to this woman's pain. I am not here because I believe in gun control,or don't believe in it. I was truly touched by her story, and no one should have to bear the pain of losing their child. I am writing this because we see, all to often, how children accidently get a hold of a gun and and shoot themselves, or someone else. How many times does this kind of thing have to be seen on the news before parents wake-up, and ensure that if they feel they need a gun in the home for protection....keep it out of the reach of children! Coming to Dr.Phil and sharing her story must have been difficult, and we can only pray that it helps spread a much-needed awareness of gun safety. Children.....and guns......are NEVER a good thing to have "together". It breaks my heart when I hear of something like this.... It breaks my heart ....

September 24, 2007, 5:27 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Tiffany, I would like you to know that your story touched my heart. I have a three year old little boy and he is my life. Me and my husband have two handguns in our home we keep them in our closet on the top shelf. My husband usually likes to keep them loaded but once I heard what happened to you I went straight to our room and unloaded the guns. Thank you for your story and advice. I know you blame yourself for what happened but it was an accident and you can't be angry with yourself because you have other babies who love and need there mommy. My prayers go out to you and your family. And my love goes out to you from one mom to another.

September 24, 2007, 5:28 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

My prayers are with you, Tiffany.

September 24, 2007, 5:28 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Bishop T.D. Jakes just saw him is St. Louis Mo. What a awsome man of God.

September 24, 2007, 6:02 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Tiffany, I am so sorry for you loss. I have 5 children and I am at home by myself at night very often. I also have kept a gun under my pillow and forgotten it (more than once). I work next door to my home and have stopped cold remembering the gun and ran all the way home praying that I wasnt too late. I hope that soon you can forgive yourself and realize that in reality you were trying to protect him and your other children - not harm him. The fear of what could happen to me or my kids in the middle of the night often outweighs the logic of keeping the gun under my pillow. I will now think of you every time I think I need that gun under my pillow. God Bless You and Your Family!

September 24, 2007, 6:07 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

This show really hit home with me today. I'm having several family issues right now and the words that Bishop Jakes shared just made sense as to what I'm going through and where I want to be in my life. My heart goes out to all of the guests on the show and I hope that they can let God help them to get them through the situations they are facing. The first step to any problem (or for me) is to let go of my problem and turn it over to God's hands for Him to guide me in the appropriate direction. Tiffany, I hope you and your husband eventually find the blessing from God that things with you son happened for a reason and that it was an accident that happened. I have lost a child when I gave birth, and it is a pain that I don't wish on my worst enemy. Take each day ONE DAY AT A TIME. Grieve all you want. Everyone grieves in their own way. Some individuals take longer than others to grieve over their loss. The words I would like to share with you are that God needed another Angel in Heaven. A person might be asking why did God want an Angel in Heaven by making you and your family experience this loss in the manner it was put forth. Remember all the good times with your son. I hope that remembering these good times will comfort the pain of you remembering that tragic day. Also remember, your son is with God and you will eventually see him some day. If you have any other family members that are in Heaven that were special to you, maybe thinking that your son is being comforted by these other special people that you have lost that are in Heaven. God bless you and your husband and other children. Put your faith in God and He will guide you through your loss. Just take your time. Sometimes things will not make sense, but they eventually will. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Becky Tulsa, OK

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

This show really hit home with me today. I'm having several family issues right now and the words that Bishop Jakes shared just made sense as to what I'm going through and where I want to be in my life. My heart goes out to all of the guests on the show and I hope that they can let God help them to get them through the situations they are facing. The first step to any problem (or for me) is to let go of my problem and turn it over to God's hands for Him to guide me in the appropriate direction. Tiffany, I hope you and your husband eventually find the blessing from God that things with you son happened for a reason and that it was an accident that happened. I have lost a child when I gave birth, and it is a pain that I don't wish on my worst enemy. Take each day ONE DAY AT A TIME. Grieve all you want. Everyone grieves in their own way. Some individuals take longer than others to grieve over their loss. The words I would like to share with you are that God needed another Angel in Heaven. A person might be asking why did God want an Angel in Heaven by making you and your family experience this loss in the manner it was put forth. Remember all the good times with your son. I hope that remembering these good times will comfort the pain of you remembering that tragic day. Also remember, your son is with God and you will eventually see him some day. If you have any other family members that are in Heaven that were special to you, maybe thinking that your son is being comforted by these other special people that you have lost that are in Heaven. God bless you and your husband and other children. Put your faith in God and He will guide you through your loss. Just take your time. Sometimes things will not make sense, but they eventually will. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Becky Tulsa, OK

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

September 24, 2007, 6:08 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

My heart goes out to Tiffany. I could see she's a good mom who made a mistake ANYONE COULD HAVE MADE. That's a terrible price but it was an accident. It's hard to see the reason why. All I can do is pray for peace and presence for her family.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last