Message Boards

Topic : 09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Number of Replies: 105
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 21, 2007, 12:14:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Is everything in your life feeling predictable and humdrum? Are you lacking excitement in your job or in your marriage? Well, Bishop T.D. Jakes, author of Reposition Yourself: Living Life Without Limits, says you have the power to create the life you want! Bishop Jakes has one of the fastest-growing mega churches in Dallas. He’s a moviemaker, playwright, Grammy winner, best-selling author, and a person who inspires Dr. Phil. Get to know Bishop Jakes as he and Dr. Phil speak with guests who are ready to reposition their lives. First up are Kelly and Bobby, who are on the verge of divorce. Kelly wants out of her marriage because she says Bobby is not providing for the family, and they’ve acquired a huge amount of debt. Is divorce the answer? Next, Hunter says he’s the most negative man on the planet, and he’s been mad for 10 years! How can he escape his rut? Then, if you own a gun and keep it in your home, Tiffany has a powerful message you don’t want to miss. Can sharing her tragic story save her from the guilt and self-blame she feels? Talk about the show here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 24, 2007, 6:22 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

I am glad dr. phil bought the show on. i read some of t.d jakes work . fine. but the malady is that man who wife is going to divorce him she sends out his resumes. etc. he is lazy. cut and dry. i do not put icing on the cake call it what it is. See i guess thats why i am still single. by choice. and i like it. but the thing is whats wrong with the men today. they are looking for women to take care of them and some are. silly. remind me of a kevin federline syndrome as i call it. thats another subject for another time. you do not want my opinion on that issue. but i see this with a lot of wives and girlfriends. of course i saw it coming my way with a ex. i nipped it in the bud before it even started. and thank god. but he needs to get a grip that guy. thats my opionion and I am sticking to it.

September 24, 2007, 6:23 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

I am glad dr. phil bought the show on. i read some of t.d jakes work . fine. but the malady is that man who wife is going to divorce him she sends out his resumes. etc. he is lazy. cut and dry. i do not put icing on the cake call it what it is. See i guess thats why i am still single. by choice. and i like it. but the thing is whats wrong with the men today. they are looking for women to take care of them and some are. silly. remind me of a kevin federline syndrome as i call it. thats another subject for another time. you do not want my opinion on that issue. but i see this with a lot of wives and girlfriends. of course i saw it coming my way with a ex. i nipped it in the bud before it even started. and thank god. but he needs to get a grip that guy. thats my opionion and I am sticking to it.

September 24, 2007, 6:31 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

I understand where the most negative man is coming from and would like to know how on a limited financial basis you can say just get up and move to another place or go after another goal. I was suddenly widowed and now have to survive on my own and cannot afford to move or look for another source of income to better my goals. Where does someone turn for help in starting over?

September 24, 2007, 6:43 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Hi Tiffany, my prayers are with you and your family be strong it will be o.k. give it to god, I say this because I lost my daugther and I throught my world came to a end. When it was time to sleep I couldn't I just cried myself to sleep every night for a long time the doctor gave me pills to help me but I'm glad I never took them. One day I was out and I stop by the Bible Book Store and I got this book called A Divine Revelation Of Heaven. I want home and read this book about what my daugther was doing with the angels and I laid down that night and dream I could be in a beauiful place like that maybe it can help you be in peace with yourself because it wasnt your fought because if I could turn back the hands of time trust me I would have a long time ago. The Author of the book is Mary K Baxter

September 24, 2007, 7:04 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

I wrote Dr. Phil about the negative guy in the pink because I can really relate to him about hating everything and hating people in general. Change is the scariest thing for me meaning moving. I am at the lowest I have ever been financially,emotionaly and physically and when I saw this guest I just wanted to be his friend and yell through the TV to him!!! I asked Dr. Phil to ask him to move to Titusville,PA a small town and very beautiful country. Not alot of chaos and people the "pi@%$" you off! LOL! I am the female version of the most negative person in the world! I have even offered my friendship as a married woman who has been riding the "rollercoaster" of life and I am still on the ride.

September 24, 2007, 7:04 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Tiffany, you and your family go on my prayer list. Giving yourself permission to grieve is a heart straining happening. When you blame yourself for an accident you feel like you don't deserve that experience, that you should just be in pain forever. Please grieve and bless yourself with the healing it brings. Does anyone on here know who or how I could ask some questions about Bishop Jakes church doctorine? My family's church search is continuing and I had some questions about the doctorine.

September 24, 2007, 7:16 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

It was great to see Bishop Jakes on Dr. Phil today. Wow, 2 smart and wise men on one show giving great advice and insights. I saw Bishop Jakes speak in person in Illinois a few years ago at a conference and there were so many people there just waiting to get in to hear him speak, it was amazing. He is an excellent and profound speaker. His words always uplift and encourage people to do more and to do better. My husband and I enjoy listening to him. He also has great advice for husbands and wives (marriages) and men and women in general.

September 24, 2007, 7:30 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

I really enjoyed today's show. First of all, Bishop T.D. Jakes was refreshing as he is very positive. My heart hurt listening to Tiffany as she explained her pain regarding her young son's death. I just want to say that I think Tiffany is a wonderful mother, whether she wants to read that or not. It will take time to get to the point where Tiffany feels that she can feel again. She and her husband (sorry I do not recall his name, but as the father, he is as important), hopefully will stay together. All too often parents do blame one another. The accident was no ones fault as Bishop T. D. Jakes stated. I think it is important that Tiffany know however, that it is very important, in my opinion, to go with the grief and to cry when she feels the need to cry. I just want her to know that watching her and her husband and seeing those beautiful children that they are a wonderful family. It is so important to volunteer and to help others as mentioned on the show by both the Bishop and Dr. Phil. They are the experts and I feel it is important to really listen and give it a try. There are parents you, Tiffany, have already helped today on the show by discussing your tragedy and to warn parents and others about all guns in a house. It is very important for all parents to investigate and ask other parents that ones children associate with when they go to others homes, to make sure those other parents are reminded about guns in their homes. Sometimes people forget. I wish Tiffany, her husband, and their children the very best. What a wonderful family! I wish there was some sort of a gun timer that we could purchase that we could use to remind us with a beep when we have a gun inside the house. I know that sounds stupid, but Tiffany's case is an example of how we all forget there is a weapon where children can get to it, and we all forget. Take care Tiffany. You were very brave and I personally admire you for your willingness to be on the show today and explain what happened. God bless you and your family! My opinion is: You are a wonderful mother. You loved your son as you love all your children. But as mentioned on the show, remember your surviving children and husband need you... all of you. And for your husband, please continue supporting your wife. You children need you, and you as the man of the family is so important in keeping your family intact. You are good man and a good father as well. God bless all of you.

September 24, 2007, 7:56 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

I had considered purchasing a hand gun, as a single mother, to protect my family, but after hearing her story I absolutely will not have a gun in my home. I have a huge Black Lab with a ferocious bark who will suffice just fine. Please, please, please forward this message to Tiffany to let her know that her fire has become a fuel to change peoples thinking and save lives. God Bless Tiffany and her family.

September 24, 2007, 8:12 pm CDT

09/24 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Tiffiny, you spoke so bravely from your heart, and your message to warn people about the dangers of handguns in the home came through loud and clear. My prayers are with your family. May you heal and love one another through this horrible time. More important, your message was strong and sure.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last