Message Boards

Topic : 09/25 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Newlyweds, Part 2

Number of Replies: 22
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 21, 2007, 12:17:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with three newlywed couples who are already talking divorce. Previously, Dr. Phil confronted Karla about her inebriated state, but she denied it and, on her way out, had a meltdown, threatening to leave the show. Now, while the other husbands and wives finally move into The Dr. Phil House, Karla is absent. Find out why she never joins her husband the first night in the house. The next day, after hearing the wives voice their doubts about the Man Camp process, Dr. Phil pays them a visit. Are they ready to get real, or should they go home? Next, Dr. Phil meets with Karla and John about her drinking problem and their physical fights in front of their kids. Dr. Phil plays a shocking scene in their home, caught on tape. When Karla’s father and the couple’s neighbors make a surprise visit, will their caring words be a wake-up call? Then, Jack and Danielle confront each other in an exercise that doesn’t go well. Jon the discussion.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 1, 2007, 12:12 am CDT

To mpc333

If you know that there is abuse going on you are legally obligated to report it. This day in age there is hope for kids that go to foster care. I know from first hand experience that it's the hardest thing in the world to report abuse to a child that is close to you. Let me tell you this, my nephew from my husbands side and his wife moved to our area with their infant son. My husband and I let them live with us for a while but when the adults wouldn't take care of themselves or thier baby and when they wouldn't pick up after myself or try to support themselves my husband and I had no choice but to kick them out. The downside was that we couldn't keep the baby with us without the parents permission. Now fast forward just one mere month from us kicking them out ... I got a phone call saying there were cops and an ambulance at the motel room this family was staying at. My first thought was something happened to the baby. I got to the room and found that my nephew was being arrested for abuse, his wife was going to the hospital severely injured and we needed to take care of the baby. My husband and I got the baby and went to the hospital to see how his mom was doing and how long we would need to care for the baby. While we were sitting in the waiting room I noticed bruises on the babies face, neck and shoulders. Immediately I notified the police officers that were there and they replied that they knew about it because the mom told them and it would be in thier reports. It got late and we went to the motel room to get the baby some clean clothes and food and there was none to be found so we had to go buy some. Later that night mom was released and wanted her baby back with her. I asked her about the bruises on his face, etc and she stripped the baby to show me bruises on his stomach and back. I was sick mind you that the baby was only five months old. I called social services knowing that bad things happen in the system and I really didn't want the baby to be lost but I wanted him to be safe as well. Fast forward almost 7 months..... the babies mom is involuntarily committed for a number of issues to a psychiatric center and the dad is doing time. My husband and I are only a few days to a week shy of getting guardianship of the baby. It's not the easiest thing in the world to do but you have to do it. One thing though, your grandkids may not have to go to a foster parent even if they are removed from the home if a family member can step up and care for them. It's hard but for the sake of those kids you need to do it.

November 14, 2007, 2:47 pm CST

You are acting correctly but...

Quote From: ellyrainey

If you know that there is abuse going on you are legally obligated to report it. This day in age there is hope for kids that go to foster care. I know from first hand experience that it's the hardest thing in the world to report abuse to a child that is close to you. Let me tell you this, my nephew from my husbands side and his wife moved to our area with their infant son. My husband and I let them live with us for a while but when the adults wouldn't take care of themselves or thier baby and when they wouldn't pick up after myself or try to support themselves my husband and I had no choice but to kick them out. The downside was that we couldn't keep the baby with us without the parents permission. Now fast forward just one mere month from us kicking them out ... I got a phone call saying there were cops and an ambulance at the motel room this family was staying at. My first thought was something happened to the baby. I got to the room and found that my nephew was being arrested for abuse, his wife was going to the hospital severely injured and we needed to take care of the baby. My husband and I got the baby and went to the hospital to see how his mom was doing and how long we would need to care for the baby. While we were sitting in the waiting room I noticed bruises on the babies face, neck and shoulders. Immediately I notified the police officers that were there and they replied that they knew about it because the mom told them and it would be in thier reports. It got late and we went to the motel room to get the baby some clean clothes and food and there was none to be found so we had to go buy some. Later that night mom was released and wanted her baby back with her. I asked her about the bruises on his face, etc and she stripped the baby to show me bruises on his stomach and back. I was sick mind you that the baby was only five months old. I called social services knowing that bad things happen in the system and I really didn't want the baby to be lost but I wanted him to be safe as well. Fast forward almost 7 months..... the babies mom is involuntarily committed for a number of issues to a psychiatric center and the dad is doing time. My husband and I are only a few days to a week shy of getting guardianship of the baby. It's not the easiest thing in the world to do but you have to do it. One thing though, your grandkids may not have to go to a foster parent even if they are removed from the home if a family member can step up and care for them. It's hard but for the sake of those kids you need to do it.

Do me a favor, read up on MPC333 before you tell her to go for custody of her grandbabies. Intersting read . Hope you get custody.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | Next Page | Last Page