Message Boards

Topic : 10/01 Jena 6 Continues

Number of Replies: 698
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Saturday, September 29, 2007, 08:44:33 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Friday's debate over the Jena 6 grew so heated, the Dr. Phil show needed to keep the cameras rolling! Now, see the show that happened after the show, when Dr. Phil returns to the stage and speaks with audience members on both sides of the issue. White supremacist Richard Barrett is the first to demand the spotlight, and you won't want to miss Dr. Phil's laser-sharp response. Then Dr. Phil has some hard questions for the attorney of Mychal Bell, one of the Jena 6 who spent 10 months in prison. What does she say to accusations that money donated for her client's defense was being spent inappropriately by the families? And, the conversation grows heated over speculation about how hurt Justin Barker really was after the attack. Was he as injured as he and his parents claimed? Find out which guest storms out of the studio, and why. Plus, Dr. Phil sends Bishop T.D. Jakes to Jena for exclusive interviews with members of the Jena 6 and their families. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 15, 2008, 6:24 pm CST

Wrong is wrong no matter what color you are!

I can't figure out why every time something happens to a black person if harm is caused by a white person the calvary (NAACP) rides in and immediately starts yelling RACISM!!!  BUT if you have noticed like with the Jena thing if the black person causes harm to a white person then they still look for a way to blame the white person for what happened.  The parents and others kept saying that those 6 boys were being treated unfairly in their punishment but the truth is that if it had of been a black boy beaten then they would have wanted the maximum harshest sentence to be imposed on the white kids.  And they would have wanted to make it a hate crime. Things are so one sided with this situation that it is unbelievable.  In this case there were some things done and said by white kids that shouldn't not have been done but that in NO WAY justifies 6 boys jumping on 1 and nearly beating him top death.  And if things were reversed  it would not be right to have 6 white boys jump on 1 black boy. My personal opinion is that when it comes to racism Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are two of the most racist people there are.  They preach about civil rights and they always pop up to defend black people but do you ever see them show up when a white person has been treated wrongly by a black person.  Their only agenda is to protect black people they could careless what happens to white people they just want to further their own race and not our country as a whole.  How can you preach about civil rights if you don't respect the rights of anyone outside your race.  I know that racism does still exist but what nobody ever wants to acknowledge is that it goes both ways.  I am so sick of hearing everyone cry about how black people face racism everyday when white people do too.  I have faced it and so has everybody else.  It is never going away and trying to turn things into a media circus doesn't solve the problem it only fuels the fire.  That kind of exploitation only keeps it going and makes it worse.  This is probably the only show of Dr. Phil's that I feel he lost a little respect from me.  I feel that he totally jumped on the Jackson and Sharpton bandwagon. There are two sides to this story and I feel that they only want to point out the wrong doing of the white people and not that the blacks have some blame here two.  Neither party is innocent in this case.

January 15, 2008, 6:43 pm CST

Delusional much?

Quote From: colt93

Yes, the show was informative as to what goes on around the world. However, I was sadly disappointed that Dr. Dhil did not stop his racist guest from referring to African American as colored people. We must understand that this is an ongoing issue that is going to take awhile to rectify.  Let me reassure your viewers, I am not stating that beating an individual to an unconscience state is right, but this was a school fight and should have been taking care of with the school. If is was a prdominately white school, we would not have heard a word. Ii would like that your show have a dialogue that everyone can articulate their point of view without offending and respecting one another.
You have got to be out of your mind if you think a school yard fight is 6 kids jumping on 1 kid.  In now way is that a school yard fight I don't care what color they are. That is the saddest thing that I have heard so far with the Jenna 6 is that poeple are trying to say it is simply a school yard fight.   That was a viscous attack on 1 student commited by 6 students.  A schoolyard fight would have been 1 on 1 or 6 on 6 now that is a school yard fight!  If the roles were reversed and it had been 1 black student beaten by 6 white students would it have simply been a school yard fight? NO it would not and you know it.  The NAACP would have still rode in on their high horse and tried to turn it it into a hate crime and they would want to punish them to the full extent of the law. Here you have 6 black kids who VISCOUSLY attacke 1 white student and you only want them to get a slap on the wrist for it.  That is the sad truth about the whole thing so quit whining about how the blacks have been picked on in this situation. 

February 1, 2008, 8:25 am CST

Same old thing

I believe that the American Plubic is getting sick and tired of being called RACIST everytime we try to enforce laws, just because of someones skin color. These six boys are guilty of a crime no matter what color their skin is. Turn this around and have six white boy beat up a negro and all hell would break out.

The town where this happened would have been able to handle this situation within their own community, but the NAACP and the reverend had to stick their noses in and get things out of control. This seems to happen much to often.

I am a WHITE male and getting sick and tired of people calling me and the american public RACIST!!

April 11, 2008, 5:29 am CDT

10/01 Jena 6 Continues

Why was it call a whites tree, to spread hate, I can remember being in school, everyone, jocks, burnouts, geeks all had there places they hooked up,  their place, I heard nothing from the students that it was called the whites tree, just from people who where trying to make it something more.

as the six kids on one, thats called a beating, as it is being called with the six cheerleaders who beat the one girl, The DA is looking into charging them as a adult.

The one child who was beat, he had nothing to do with the nooses,and when most of the kids  in jena where asked white and black, if they knew what the nooses stood for, nither did.

April 11, 2008, 5:40 am CDT

10/01 Jena 6 Continues

Quote From: drphilhead

I am really heartbroken over this whole thing.  I am white, and I have worked very hard at being a good example to my children and teach them not to judge people by the color of their skin but by their character and I truely feel that my children are as much without predjudice as anyone can be and they are offended when they witness racism and stand up against it.  That being said, this whole issue is not actually about the boy who was beaten.  The issue is that the students who did this to him were charged with attempted murder and the black community does not feel that these charges are fair.  I know that my son was attacked in a similar way and the boys who did it were only charged with assult, not attempted murder.  I am heart broken for the young people in that community who, black or white, are being taught so many messed up lessons. 

Now, because of the racial tensions in this town, the black people, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are NOT helping the problem.  Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and the NAACP do not seem to care about equality, or justice or promoting peace between the races.  They seem to me to be prejudice against white people and send the message that if you are black you are innocent.  If you are black, you are a victim regardless of your own actions. No matter what color these teens are, they should be given appropriate charges.  I understand both sides of this issue and wish that some how I could talk to all the people involved and make them understand how much this is hurting our country.  Black and white Americans need to stop looking at skin color.  This is not 1950 for crying out loud.  The lawmakers,  judges, prosecuters and police in Jena need to be examined and if any prejudice or misconduct is suspected THEY need to face charges as well.

The six attackers and their families cannot fix this.  The family of the boy who was beaten cannot fix this and unfortunately, all of these families are going through hell because of racism.  I think Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson need to step out and pray and examine their own attitudes and agendas.  You cannot be a civil rights leader if you are prejudice.  I don't believe Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would have assumed somebody was innocent because of their skin color.  I don't see Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson as civil rights leaders, I see them as racists.  Now, Dr. Phil and TD Jakes should be the new civil rights leaders.  The time of the Black Panthers and Malcome X is over.  We need people like Dr. Phil and TD Jakes to help a modern America continue down the path of unity and equality.

There are still plenty of good, decent, christian people in the United States of America.  Some of them are black and some of them are white.  It is a sad day in America when justice cannot be dealt because of racism.  Because of racism, these boys were charged too harshly, and because of racism, they cannot now get a fair trial, and because of racism, I predict they will not learn anything positive from this incident.  They have learned that because they are black, they are assumed guilty, and because they are black, they can cry racism and cause a big ruckus and the boy who was attacked has been forgotten.  It is a sad day in America.

Why is it racism, why not just a Bad DA. as in the Duke case.

October 6, 2008, 5:56 am CDT

what happened to no tolerance policy?

i watched the shows on the Jena six. its sad this still happens in our schools and communities to this day. in the show they mentioned it was a tree for white kids to sit under. maybe the school system doesnt intentionally let this go on but what happened to the no tolerance policy and why werent any kid that considers any part of a public property on school grounds to be for only white kids to congregate repremanded for this? only way to stop racial is to to nip it in the bud when it starts. the tax payers pay these teachers and others in the school system to watch over all these kids and make sure they are safe and get an education.

October 6, 2008, 6:19 am CDT

ways to behave

Quote From: smokey95667

I believe that the American Plubic is getting sick and tired of being called RACIST everytime we try to enforce laws, just because of someones skin color. These six boys are guilty of a crime no matter what color their skin is. Turn this around and have six white boy beat up a negro and all hell would break out.

The town where this happened would have been able to handle this situation within their own community, but the NAACP and the reverend had to stick their noses in and get things out of control. This seems to happen much to often.

I am a WHITE male and getting sick and tired of people calling me and the american public RACIST!!

the word racist is branded about to much and what happens to people that are racially abused its like "aye ok" this is rediculous...  what those boys did to the other boy was terrible and they should be ouniched for it that is the riht and proper thing to do in a normal society.  the other kids should have bene puniched properly for the hanging of the noose as that was terrible they new what they were doing whne they did it and what hurt and trouble it would cause...  We have the same problem in Scotland with problems with catholics and protestents how can you hate someone because they got to a different church than you.  If you are inujred and go to hospital you don't care what colour the nurse is or religion they are you just want to be fixed.  the white supremisit said that there should seperate churches and schools what about jobs does a black guy have to go to a company full of black people thats nuts.  Its about time people grew up this world has enough problems with the war in iraq and afganistan without this ...  I say grow up and behave like human beings you don't have to be best pals with everyone but for gods sake lets show people that the west are not so bad...   

October 30, 2008, 4:19 pm CDT

jina 6

u know this bs is still goin on i cant believe it give it up those boys should of never did what they did reguardless of it was over a penny. they was wrong and thats that both side white and black. lets just give our younger people a thing to look at and think its okay to beat the s*** out of someone because of stupid issues as these. what is the big deal blacks are free i dont see ya sitting on the back of the bus no more and as far as thats concern blacks are always the ones that are being this way. growing up ive seen in my school were they think white peolpe couldnt stand in a surtain spot or this and that but we dont see those issues any where do we. or always bring up back in the days when blacks were slaves who gives a s*** thats not now that was the past we werent living then it wasnt you or me dealing with it just all of us need to be thankful its not like that now. and lets not forget about the whites that helped free the blacks the ones that died because of helping the blacks. im not directing this to all blacks there are some cool black people hell i have friends that are black. but they dont act nothing like this and its stupid to even be taking sides in this matter wrong is wrong and right is right. im just sick of everytime i see on the news that a black person gets in trouble they always use their color to get out of it " i wasnt being treated fairly or they beat me cause im black" blah blah blah. the thing i dont get is it works half the time and its BS let a white person say that we would just be talking out our a$$. we say everyone needs to get along face it it will never happen cause we have to many ignorant people in the world today and its only getting worse. we cant blame our children cause they dont raise themselfs its the parents that are to blame. because of their ignorance are babys of the future will suffer.

First | Prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | Next Page | Last Page